• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Cancelled Due to Cold

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 jholley309

jholley309

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:14 PM

I still think it's foolish to dive f you need to take a decongestant. You can't be sure when the effect will wear off - a friend lost both her ear drums this way.

:teeth:

Good point! Remember, decongestants treat a symptom, not a cause; I've had environmental conditions (cold, low humidity) affect sinuses despite the use of decongestants, and that was on land. Cold water at depth, increased mucous production and accumulation in the nasal passages, and your body's normal responses to histamines or other causes of congestion can all conspire to present you with a magnificent reverse block of the most painful and damaging variety regardless of medication. It's just not worth it for me.

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users