• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Ginny Springs HH & Techreational Weekend (Jan 14-16)

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#16 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Board Status:Ginnie Springs 12/17, Crystal River 12/18...
  • Cert Level:Cave
  • Logged Dives:522

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:34 AM

the Alamo is the cute No-Tell Motel directly across the street from Barry's, just north of the High Springs Country Inn on 441...actually catty-corner from Floyd's...

Which comfort Food did you eat too much of?

:lmao:

Norm

Well, I know where Floyds is (ate there after the NACD convention), and I know where Salvo is...

#17 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:10 AM

I plead the FIFTH! LOL!!

#18 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:38 AM

So you DO agree with me that it (Floyd's) should be on the Approved Training Table list??

:P

Ever breakfast at Alice's Parkside??

nhb

I plead the FIFTH! LOL!!

#19 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:41 AM

Oh for certain. Floyd's NEEDS to be on there. I've never been anywhere else in High Springs other than Extreme Exposure and Hardees!

-P

#20 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 11:17 AM

Alice's Parkside is a VERY quaint parlor de oufs and meat n' three just up the road (towards Downtown) from Floyds...only drawback is it is only open from 0700 to 1400 daily. You CAN be there at first bell, get eggs over & grits, read the G'ville paper, and STILL make it to Ginnie by 8. Another good dinner is the Conestoga in Alachua, about 8 miles from HS on 441...

HARDEE'S?? :P

PU-LEASE!!

:birthday:

Norm
wishing he already LIVED there...

Oh for certain. Floyd's NEEDS to be on there. I've never been anywhere else in High Springs other than Extreme Exposure and Hardees!

-P

#21 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 01 December 2005 - 11:23 AM

Alice's Parkside is a VERY quaint parlor de oufs and meat n' three just up the road (towards Downtown) from Floyds...only drawback is it is only open from 0700 to 1400 daily. You CAN be there at first bell, get eggs over & grits, read the G'ville paper, and STILL make it to Ginnie by 8.

I guess you don't need as much weight after eating a breakfast like that, huh?

#22 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:53 PM

I KNEW they had a two-way mirror in that place, but I DIDN'T know they were running live on the WEB! D*** :P

So I'm guessing that I am busted for dipping my Cornbread in the Collards as well??

:birthday:

Norm
whose pre-Dive meal is NOT numbers conscious...

Alice's Parkside is a VERY quaint parlor de oufs and meat n' three just up the road (towards Downtown) from Floyds...only drawback is it is only open from 0700 to 1400 daily. You CAN be there at first bell, get eggs over & grits, read the G'ville paper, and STILL make it to Ginnie by 8.

I guess you don't need as much weight after eating a breakfast like that, huh?

#23 AstroDiver

AstroDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:1-OW, 2-AOW, 3-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:160+

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:45 PM

This trip sounds interesting. I could use a re-fresher to my Cavern Certification skills. I have a camper and camping there is fun too. $22 with hookups. I use to truck/tent camp there several years ago.
I would also need to know the cost of the trip.

#24 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:48 PM

This trip sounds interesting. I could use a re-fresher to my Cavern Certification skills. I have a camper and camping there is fun too. $22 with hookups. I use to truck/tent camp there several years ago.
I would also need to know the cost of the trip.

WreckWench is in Florida, and will post trip costs when she gets back

from what I've heard, this is a great clinic to attend

#25 konascubagirl

konascubagirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:16 PM

Okay, everyone who wants to dive in relatively warm and clear water! SingleDivers.com will be holding a HH and gear/scuba skills clinic in the Florida Springs area either around High Springs or Ponce De Leon. High Springs, where Ginnie Springs is located has more to do, but for those in cave country who haven't been diving around Morrison or Vortex Spring (Ponce De Leon) we have that option. Who wants to attend, what weekend is best and where would you most like to dive? This will mostly focus on tech equipment and improving dive skills. So, anyone who is interested at any level let us know who wants to attend the clinic and what you'd like to gain from the experience. It's far easier to plan to accommodate everyone with advanced notice and to know the level of diving skill and what each person would like to learn. I handle the beatings and Kamala handles the fun! :thankyou:

Trace

Update: The date has now been set for Jan 14-16th at Ginny Springs. Full details including costs and agendas will be coming soon. Please stay tuned to this thread and feel free to make suggestions, ask questions and request the type of training and knowledge you want. Trace is still adatping these clinics and certs so that they are not only fill the gaps in our diving knowledge but do so with respect to HOW you want to dive and WHERE you want to dive rather than prescribing to any one set of precepts and applying them generically across the board without understanding of how the recipient plans to use the skills and knowledge. In other words....Doing What Works!!!

I am SOOOO going to make it to this gig! Please post info SOON on where to book hotel, costs etc!

Konascubagirl

#26 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Cert Level:Junior Jedi Knight
  • Logged Dives:6000+ (combined scuba & extended range freedives)

Posted 09 December 2005 - 04:58 PM

We've realized that trying to do certifications takes away from time better spent actually developing skills. So, this will be the first clinic that really begins the format we want and will allow those attending to have more fun and spend time in water diving and working on skill development. Also, because it's not a pass/fail course there won't be any pressure or ego bruising. I've decided to approach diving instruction like a coach anymore rather than a typical instructor. So, we'll work on individual and team skills as well as equipment. But, this will be PRACTICAL rather than theoretical and much more informative and fun.

Trace
Trace Malinowski
Technical Training Director
PDIC International

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:35 PM

Based upon what Trace wants to accomplish with these clinics we'll be offering the clinic for $195 for 1-3 days! You'll get your money's worth for one day and you'll get even more experience and practice if you do all 3 days!

Each day will be VERY full of both information and in water practice so this is a great price for this clinic! We are not sure if Trace will be offering more of these in the future...much depends on how successful this one is!

I sent you an email about the hotel options so that will be fine and the course is as I mentioned $195 and if you register and pay in full by Christmas you can drop the price of the course to $175!

I believe you want to fly into Jacksonville, FL or Gainsville, FL and I'm sure we can find one of our members to pick you up at the airport!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#28 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:58 PM

Now, this does sound interesting!

so, for 2 days, which is the most I could do, I can get private instruction time with Trace? Where he watches me dive, and offers suggestions on how to improve? and will then teach me new kicks, how to deploy a lift bag ( without killing myself!), line work, etc? Plus, help me with my gear configuration?

this sounds like something I can't miss!

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,626 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:29 PM

so, for 2 days, which is the most I could do, I can get private instruction time with Trace? Where he watches me dive, and offers suggestions on how to improve? and will then teach me new kicks, how to deploy a lift bag ( without killing myself!), line work, etc? Plus, help me with my gear configuration?

The idea is to allow Trace more 'one on one' time with students to show them things and to teach them. Of course you'll be part of a group...but so far its a very small group so I'd say you'd get your fair share of 'face time'!

And even if the group grew very large (we can only hope as Trace forego's a lot of time and money to do these clinics for us and has fairly high out of pocket costs to cover transportation, etc.) you would STILL get a very high degree of personalized attention as that is how Trace is. That is why he really is a 'coach' vs. an instructor and I think this new format will be far better suited for both student and teacher!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#30 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:38 PM

The idea is to allow Trace more 'one on one' time with students to show them things and to teach them. Of course you'll be part of a group...but so far its a very small group so I'd say you'd get your fair share of 'face time'!

And even if the group grew very large (we can only hope as Trace forego's a lot of time and money to do these clinics for us and has fairly high out of pocket costs to cover transportation, etc.) you would STILL get a very high degree of personalized attention as that is how Trace is. That is why he really is a 'coach' vs. an instructor and I think this new format will be far better suited for both student and teacher!

And his credentials, too!

like every sport, to have a master coach is priceless!

I've seen video to fin backwards, but I haven't been able to master it...to have an instructor of his caliber teach me, well, I think I have to attend a clinic :teeth:

and then, all the other skills, there aren't many instructors in DFW who could teach me what he could in one weekend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users