• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: "Bahama Mama" it's the Bahamas Feb 4-11 2006

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#46 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:07 PM

damn.........i wish i could make this one, but ive already got a commitment. .........i guess i should have planned better....
have fun everyone......

#47 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 28 January 2006 - 01:17 AM

Hey everyone!

there's still good airfare for this trip...for example, I've found round trip air from DFW to George Town for $430, which includes taxes! This is on Orbitz, so book your spot now!

#48 Dive_buddy

Dive_buddy

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:198

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:59 PM

Okay, you can take the pinned message down, the last spot has been taken. Late last night (29 Jan) WW found herself a sucker (me).

So with that, I look forward to meeting everyone.

See ya Sat. :)
Olympic diving is a sport. Scuba diving is an obsession.

#49 BabyDuck

BabyDuck

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:46 AM

wonderful! looking forward to it! bring a handful of change for the poker...

#50 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:13 AM

Hey gang...by now you should all have the SD Rooming Survey & SD Liab/Medical Release forms from Fingrabber and soon you'll have the Explorer Ventures Reservation form and Liability Release forms.

That makes a total of 4 forms...2 need to be sent to SD directly at 214-350-2558 fax or to trips@singledivers.com via email. Please send these in advance and take a copy of your SD Liability/Medical form to the boat as well so we have your DAN or other insurance info, medical info etc.

DO NOT FORGET to bring your SEALED Medical Envelope which is to be opened ONLY IN THE EVENT OF EMERGENCY. And don't forget to put your name on the outside of the envelope so we know its yours!

Please send the two (2) Explorer Ventures forms back to Explorer Ventures fax #1.903.887.8526 ASAP!! They need to get ready for us!

Thank you!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#51 casematic

casematic

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Cert Level:master
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:38 PM

DO NOT FORGET to bring your SEALED Medical Envelope which is to be opened ONLY IN THE EVENT OF EMERGENCY. And don't forget to put your name on the outside of the envelope so we know its yours!

I must have missed something somewhere.... what goes in here?

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 05:05 PM

The sealed envelope has a copy of your medical history, any meds you are on, copy of passport & driver license, insurance information, and anything you want a doctor to know in the event that you can't speak for yourself. It is only to be opened in an event of an emergency and will be returned to you at the end of the trip. (Please ask the trip leader for it back.) This pkg usually contains information not disclosed on a standard dive waiver and is only for use in the event that you are unable to speak for yourself.

And don't forget to write your full name and screen name on the outside of the envelope!

Thanks, kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#53 Dive_buddy

Dive_buddy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:27 PM

The sealed envelope has a copy of your medical history, any meds you are on, copy of passport & driver license, insurance information, and anything you want a doctor to know in the event that you can't speak for yourself. It is only to be opened in an event of an emergency and will be returned to you at the end of the trip. (Please ask the trip leader for it back.) This pkg usually contains information not disclosed on a standard dive waiver and is only for use in the event that you are unable to speak for yourself.

And don't forget to write your full name and screen name on the outside of the envelope!

Thanks, kamala

Since arriving on your quaint little planet, I have not allowed any of your Terran Doctors to examine me (for obvious reasons). I could get a dedical transcript sent down from the Mother ship, but it will be in Crysthallain, and I'm guessing that you may not understand it. Will this be a problem?

Also, I find myself up the creek without a fin. Do to an administrative error, I find that upon my return from this trip I will have a slightly longer than normal layover in Miami, about a day layover. Sooooooooo. If anyone has any ideas as to what someone who is stranded, alone, miles from home, can go diving, will probably be too broke to pay attention, can do in Miami for a day, besides stare at the walls of the airport, eat at the most expensive resturant in town, watch 163 planes take off in a row before having to go to the bathroom, and try to hide from the Hari Krishna, please give me a holler.

In other words, where's a cheap flop and something to do in Miami?

Thanks in advance. (Humms "Take me along if you love me" as he signs off)

#54 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:39 PM

Also, I find myself up the creek without a fin. Do to an administrative error, I find that upon my return from this trip I will have a slightly longer than normal layover in Miami, about a day layover. Sooooooooo. If anyone has any ideas as to what someone who is stranded, alone, miles from home, can go diving, will probably be too broke to pay attention, can do in Miami for a day, besides stare at the walls of the airport, eat at the most expensive resturant in town, watch 163 planes take off in a row before having to go to the bathroom, and try to hide from the Hari Krishna, please give me a holler.

Well seeing as I'm in Miami I'll post some info about anything that might help.As to the Hari Krishna if you make yourself more annoyiny then they are ie- sing dance jump up and down talk gibberish you'll find them trying to avoid you and this is a good thing.I can say without resevation do notin case you missed it the first time....DO NOT at a hotel at 6060 Collins Ave. its a dive....dirty run down.rooms noisy ect,trapped in elevator at one point(call box broken also,used cell to call friend to call front desk)no inter-net,tv has 7 channels(8 if you count the weather channel) anyhow you get the idea(we've cancelled the rest of our stay and are moving tommorow,stay tuned for update)

Eric

#55 Dive_buddy

Dive_buddy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 02:07 AM

Well seeing as I'm in Miami I'll post some info about anything that might help.As to the Hari Krishna if you make yourself more annoyiny then they are ie- sing dance jump up and down talk gibberish you'll find them trying to avoid you and this is a good thing.I can say without resevation do notin case you missed it the first time....DO NOT at a hotel at 6060 Collins Ave. its a dive....dirty run down.rooms noisy ect,trapped in elevator at one point(call box broken also,used cell to call friend to call front desk)no inter-net,tv has 7 channels(8 if you count the weather channel) anyhow you get the idea(we've cancelled the rest of our stay and are moving tommorow,stay tuned for update)

Eric

Film at 11?

#56 Searanger

Searanger

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Board Status:0
  • Cert Level:O/W
  • Logged Dives:170

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:54 AM

Dive Buddy. "stuck in Miami" Well I know that Alamo has special's out of MIA for as low as $14.99. So book a car...jump on the Alamo shuttle and explore!

#57 Dive_buddy

Dive_buddy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:02 AM

Dive Buddy. "stuck in Miami" Well I know that Alamo has special's out of MIA for as low as $14.99. So book a car...jump on the Alamo shuttle and explore!

I shall look into that. You know I could drive home in less time. :dltears:

#58 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:24 AM

I shall look into that. You know I could drive home in less time. :dltears:

But look at all the fun you can have visiting South Beach or Miami? And perhaps you can hook up with ScubaDadMiami? He is always up for a dive...the diving in Miami is fantastic!

formerly...

#59 ScubaBrant

ScubaBrant

Getting started

• Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:11

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:46 PM

Hey, a couple questions for everyone. First, is anyone else coming in on Bahamas Air 372 at 7:10PM? (It used to arrive at 4 something, but they changed it). If so, maybe we could link up to get a ride to the dock.

Also, is anyone bringing a laptop? I'd like to either burn my photos from my card reader to a dvd or cd (which I can bring if someone has a burner), or to an external hard drive, which I can bring too.

What I can offer in return is a non-commercial, fully functioneing verion of Photoshop 7 for you to install on your machine (for anyone), for your photo enhancing, manipulation, amusement. I have a really cool pulg-in which will remove distortion and chroma shift usually found in underwater pics.

See you soon!

Come to kindly terms with your Ass, for it bears you.

#60 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:46 PM

Hey Jessie aka VideoNut has joined our trip thanks to Casematic! :banghead: And VideoNut just upgraded to premier member so welcome him aboard and just like his name...he's going to be taking lots of video on the trip! :birthday:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users