• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Florida Dive of the Month!!!

• Please log in to reply
561 replies to this topic

#526 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1,200+

Posted 05 December 2009 - 03:42 PM

I really wish I could join you guys this weekend :cool1: But there is a possibility I might head down to South Florida around the end of the month :wakawaka: It would be great to dive the Blue Heron Bridge on New Year's Day again!

Hi Bubbles,
Let me know when you some down and I'll try to head up for a BHB dive. It's also the time of year when Lemon Sharks are in! That's always a great dive. . .

Lisa
Happy Diving, LJMongy

#527 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 05 December 2009 - 04:17 PM

I really wish I could join you guys this weekend :cool1: But there is a possibility I might head down to South Florida around the end of the month :wakawaka: It would be great to dive the Blue Heron Bridge on New Year's Day again!

Hi Bubbles,
Let me know when you some down and I'll try to head up for a BHB dive. It's also the time of year when Lemon Sharks are in! That's always a great dive. . .

Lisa

Curious...what water temps do you have there at this time of year? Lemon Sharks sound fascinating!

#528 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:11 PM

Hi Bubbles,

Lisa

Hey Lisa - Please come down and join us! I'm flying down on the 30th and Scubagoddess is scheduling dives for us Thursday thru Sunday. It looks like we will do the Blue Heron Bridge on Sunday.
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#529 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:36 AM

Saw Cindi yesterday & told her I will be available all days except maybe Thurs. Water temps according to my log book are about 73-75 which for me means a polartec under my 5mm & hooded vest.

Blue Heron high tides are: 31st at 7:41am ,1st 8:29, 2nd=9:18, 3rd =10:06am. I always get in the water 1 hr before HT so I know these times are early but I will be going as I am addicted to the diving there. This also gives opportunity to do both bridge & boat dives Seeing the Lemon sharks would be great if they have arrived that early as I think they get there a little later, but not sure. Anyway a great way to start the new year
Deb

#530 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:11 AM

Hi Bubbles,

Lisa

Curious...what water temps do you have there at this time of year? Lemon Sharks sound fascinating!

Yesterday the water was 78 and usually only drops to the mid 60's during Jan/Feb. The sharks like it chilly :-)
Happy Diving, LJMongy

#531 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 24 December 2009 - 07:48 PM

After being in the cold of NC for just a few hours I'm really looking forward to heading to south Florida next week. Here's where things stand with the dive planing....

• December 31st - Key Largo where Cindi and myself will be meeting up with Zach
  • January 2nd - It looks like Holly, Deb (maybe) and I will be diving that morning with Little Deeper.
  • January 3rd - For the Blue Heron Bridge it is Cindi, Holly, Deb and myself far
Anybody else interested in joining us???
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#532 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:07 PM

After being in the cold of NC for just a few hours I'm really looking forward to heading to south Florida next week. Here's where things stand with the dive planing....

• January 2nd - It looks like Holly, Deb (maybe) and I will be diving that morning with Little Deeper.
  • January 3rd - For the Blue Heron Bridge it is Cindi, Holly, Deb and myself far

Dear Beth,
Interested? Of course! :D Able? Not quite. :) But between Happy Hours, Keys Krawls and impromptu Florida Dive of the Month (FDotM) events I expect to honestly say I've met the vital core of the SingleDivers.com Southeast region by February! :cool1:

Folks, I've been fortunate enough to experience several such events and give them my highest endorsement. If you are already contemplating a Florida dive weekend escape from Old Man Winter's embrace, I strongly encourage you to jump aboard and make it a scuba new year! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#533 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 08:21 PM

Hi,
Sounds like you have a great few days planned. I love getting in the water on 01/01 :-) Great way to start the year! Where are you diving 12/31?
Lisa

Edited by H2Oaddict, 25 December 2009 - 08:22 PM.

Happy Diving, LJMongy

#534 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 26 December 2009 - 06:40 AM

Hi,
Sounds like you have a great few days planned. I love getting in the water on 01/01 :-) Great way to start the year! Where are you diving 12/31?
Lisa

Lisa!

I think that Cindi will be diving with an operation out of the Keyes that SD has used before ..near mile marker 100. Can't remember the name exactly but it may be Rainbow Reef.

#535 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:05 AM

Hi,
Lisa

Lisa!

I think that Cindi will be diving with an operation out of the Keyes that SD has used before ..near mile marker 100. Can't remember the name exactly but it may be Rainbow Reef.

Holly - If you are using the same OP that was used for the Keys Krawl, then yes...it is Rainbow Reef.

Also, what time on the 3rd at the Bridge? (I'm too lazy to read the whole thread). I might be able to run down for that one. :birthday:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#536 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:54 PM

It would be great if you could join Us! High tide is around 10:00 am if memory serves!

#537 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 26 December 2009 - 04:21 PM

I'm diving with Jupiter Dive Center tomorrow morning for a 2 tank dive, then driving over to Blue Heron Bridge for a 4PM high tide. I'm hitting the water at about 3:15PM.

If anyone is coming, I'll see you there.
If you're bored diving, then you quit learning...

#538 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 26 December 2009 - 05:33 PM

I dove Blue Heron Bridge yesterday and again today.
Can't make it tomorrow, I got scheduled for an afternoon boat dive.

The east bridge was still open for diving today. No one knows exactly when it will be closed. I assume it will be allowed tomorrow as I can't imagine the serious road work beginning on a Sunday.

#539 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 26 December 2009 - 07:34 PM

If it was open today, then I'm sure it will be open tomorrow. I have to play with my new toys tomorrow... so, I'm praying the east bridge is open. I bought a new focus light, and it's going to come in real handy under the bridge. I'm also going to use my new stainless stabilization stick I bought from Kamala at the Florida Dive Show... Plus... I have a new strobe... it should be fun.
If you're bored diving, then you quit learning...

#540 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:26 AM

Anybody else interested in joining us???[/quote]

[/quote]

Lisa!

Hi Everyone,
Scuba Do is down around mm 100, they're also an awesome boat. I have a different dive schedule planned this weekend: New Years Eve night dive and firework's in Key Largo, Saturday double dipping a new 210' wreck off Miami Beach in 100' (if all goes well with the sinking on Wednesday) and Sunday looks like I'm hitting the Dolphin's/Pitt game so will miss BHB. Will let you know if anything changes. Have a blast in Sunny South Florida!!!
Happy Diving, LJMongy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users