• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Florida Dive of the Month!!!

• Please log in to reply
561 replies to this topic

#541 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

Hi Everyone,
Scuba Do is down around mm 100, they're also an awesome boat. I have a different dive schedule planned this weekend: New Years Eve night dive and firework's in Key Largo, Saturday double dipping a new 210' wreck off Miami Beach in 100' (if all goes well with the sinking on Wednesday) and Sunday looks like I'm hitting the Dolphin's/Pitt game so will miss BHB. Will let you know if anything changes. Have a blast in Sunny South Florida!!!

Hey hey hey HEY Girl!! :wakawaka: What new wreck?? C'mon, toss us a bone LG!! Please please PLEASE,... don't make me beg! :fish2:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#542 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1,200+

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:07 PM

Hi Everyone,
Scuba Do is down around mm 100, they're also an awesome boat. I have a different dive schedule planned this weekend: New Years Eve night dive and firework's in Key Largo, Saturday double dipping a new 210' wreck off Miami Beach in 100' (if all goes well with the sinking on Wednesday) and Sunday looks like I'm hitting the Dolphin's/Pitt game so will miss BHB. Will let you know if anything changes. Have a blast in Sunny South Florida!!!

Hey hey hey HEY Girl!! :-D What new wreck?? C'mon, toss us a bone LG!! Please please PLEASE,... don't make me beg! :P

OKAY Here's your bone :-) Are you wagging your tail??? :fish2: Jumping up and down??? LOL :thankyou:

12/30/2009 The old Sea Taxi is now renamed and going down as the "Ophellia Brian" tomorrow about 1:00pm. HOW AWESOME IS THAT! Check out the website and Miami Herald, reefguard.org, /http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/outdoors/story/1390835.html :taz:

We're going out with Mike Beach on RJ's Diving to watch the sinking, the guys will make sure it's settled then we're all jumping in for a quick look-see. OMG it's going to be SWEET!
Happy Diving, LJMongy

#543 Scuba_Dad

Scuba_Dad

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

I'll be on the Little Deeper with a student on Saturday. See you there!
If you're bored diving, then you quit learning...

#544 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:24 AM

*Snippety...*Saturday double dipping a new 210' wreck off Miami Beach in 100' (if all goes well with the sinking on Wednesday)*Snappety...*

Hey hey hey HEY Girl!! :-D What new wreck?? C'mon, toss us a bone LG!! Please please PLEASE,... don't make me beg! :P

OKAY Here's your bone :-) Are you wagging your tail??? :taz:

As a matter of fact, yes I am. :P

Jumping up and down??? LOL :thankyou:

Ummm.... not as far as YOU know! :-D (And how the heck did you get my pom-poms???)

12/30/2009 The old Sea Taxi is now renamed and going down as the "Ophellia Brian" tomorrow about 1:00pm. HOW AWESOME IS THAT! Check out the website and Miami Herald, reefguard.org, Miami Herald story link. :taz:

That's more like it, just add a slice of cool: :fish2:

We're going out with Mike Beach on RJ's Diving to watch the sinking, the guys will make sure it's settled then we're all jumping in for a quick look-see. OMG it's going to be SWEET!

We envy... er... salute your good fortune and adventurous spirit, LG! :-D

P.S. Photos, as always, would be appreciated. :P

Edited by dive_sail_etc 31 Dec 2009. Reason for edit: Repaired Miami Herald hyperlink. :bam:

Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#545 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:35 PM

:taz: :-D :P :taz: :thankyou: :fish2:

She went down with grace, sweetly slipping below the surface to rest in 113' on a bed of white sand. AWESOME DAY!

Attached Thumbnails

• PIC_0531.JPG

Happy Diving, LJMongy

#546 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:18 AM

Out-STAND-ing photo, Lisa! :dance: You certainly know how to whet a landlocked merboy's appetite for bubble blowing. :cool2:

Since I'm already down for Belize next week (and no, I'm not interested in trading! :P ) perhaps there can be a February FDotM event for this new site. I've never dived a "fresh" wreck, but recall a video of the Duane just after she was scuttled and ever since I've been enchanted with the notion of experiencing one in such pristine condition (as in before corals, sponges, rust, urchins and *ugh* lionfish have time to "redecorate"). :teeth:

And yes, this post is a not so subtle solicitation to everyone for interest level, DO recommendations, forecast sea temps/conditions, etc. :diver:

#547 lynnlchan

lynnlchan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Drysuit, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:00 AM

Wow! :cool2: That must have been awesome to see.

Can you dive on a freshly sunk wreck? Doesn't it stir up a bunch of sand, etc. off the bottom and screw up vis?
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, we're drowning on dry land.
Come on and wade way out into the water with me, jump in and take my hand. --Gaelic Storm, Scalliwag

#548 UP Diver

UP Diver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Board Status:Occasionally lurking on and off the board...
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:>150

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:37 PM

Wow! :cool2: That must have been awesome to see.

Can you dive on a freshly sunk wreck? Doesn't it stir up a bunch of sand, etc. off the bottom and screw up vis?

Lynichan -

It was on NBC News last night. Do an online search for "Ophellia Brian" and "Biscayne" to see what pops up. I don't believe it has made it to viral status on You Tube yet!

UP Diver
:teeth:
"Well, my name is Jim...
but most people just call me - Jim."

Gene Wilder, Blazing Saddles

#549 BeachJunkie

BeachJunkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox/Cave
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:47 PM

Is anyone doing any diving this weekend or perhaps shortly thereafter? I might be able to join the group doing the BHB if you didn't mind. Just spent a week in key west and didn't get to do any diving so I've got the itch real bad!
Bringing evil things to evil people... Because pacifists can't get a damn thing done!

Working on my PHD in CQB one house at a time.

#550 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:03 PM

The key team from Miami Dade Reef Assocation and DERM jumped in first to make sure everything was secure. Once confirmed my buddies and I were off the boat and exploring with an amazing 70' vis. Only cloudy part was the cargo area were a green rusty dust cloud was ozzing out from under the deck. Fish were already circling the towers while we were on our safty stop :cool2:

Beach Junkie - There's still room on the double dip this Saturday. Contact RJ's Diving Ventures!
Happy Diving, LJMongy

#551 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 31 December 2009 - 04:14 PM

If nothing comes up, I'll be at Blue Heron Bridge on Sunday morning.

#552 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:01 PM

Is anyone doing any diving this weekend or perhaps shortly thereafter? I might be able to join the group doing the BHB if you didn't mind. Just spent a week in key west and didn't get to do any diving so I've got the itch real bad!

There is a group us diving the BHB on Sunday and we'll be there between 8:30am and 8:45am. We're planning to hit the water just after 9:00am. PM me if you want to exchange numbers.
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#553 SeagrlFL

SeagrlFL

Getting started

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:70

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:43 PM

Hi,

I live in South Florida but have only been diving locally so I am game to go anywhere in Florida. I unfortunately have limited vacation time so would primarily be interested in weekend trips throughout the state.

Thank You

#554 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:57 PM

Hi,
I live in South Florida but have only been diving locally so I am game to go anywhere in Florida. I unfortunately have limited vacation time so would primarily be interested in weekend trips throughout the state.
Thank You

Hello Francie, and :iagree: for helping to revive this topic. Although the chilly weather has discouraged some from diving lately, I see above there are a few hardy souls among us. :dance:

You may also be interested in following this link to the Delray Beach Happy Hour and Blue Heron Bridge dives from 19 February to find more members who are still diving this time of year. I'm sure there will be another impromptu South Florida dive event soon; keep an eye out! :dance: (Need Pirate Spyglass Smiley here, dangit!) :birthday:

#555 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,143 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:29 PM

Yepper! It's a remake of that popular SciFi classic: The Topic That Wouldn't Die! :birthday:

I know things are thawing at a snail's pace (just think if you were the snail! ...er... but I digress), but hopefully some of those hardy souls mentioned above can offer the status of local diving conditions around Keys/FTL/MIA and give us all a little hope(?)... :lmao:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users