• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Beneath the Sea Dive Show - March 24th, 25th & 26th

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 Hipshot

Hipshot

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 04 February 2006 - 09:50 AM

...and I have just found out that we are going to have a HUGE suprise for this show....I can't let the cat totally out of the bag but I will say it will be VERY AWESOME!!! Stay tuned....-ww

Please let it NOT be Jean Michele Cousteau!!! I still remember what a bomb it was the last time we had him. :lmao:

By HUGE surprise, do you mean what BTS has for us, or what SD has for the show?

Rick
:lmao:

#32 madlobster

madlobster

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:40 AM

My wife and I are looking to drive down for the event that weekend, probably get there later Friday night, do the show Saturday and part of Sunday and drive back north Sunday. As I'd rather not be driving around too much while there, could someone here tell me which 1 or 2 hotels maybe within walking distance (as this would be my first time at BTS) to the convention center :lmao: . Feel free to PM me if you'd rather.
"The thing about dreams is sometimes you get to live'em out"- Payne Stewart

#33 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 01:11 PM

My wife and I are looking to drive down for the event that weekend, probably get there later Friday night, do the show Saturday and part of Sunday and drive back north Sunday. As I'd rather not be driving around too much while there, could someone here tell me which 1 or 2 hotels maybe within walking distance (as this would be my first time at BTS) to the convention center :cheerleader: . Feel free to PM me if you'd rather.

There's a link to local hotels at the BTS website.

BTS

Cheers,
Rick
:cheerleader:

#34 madlobster

madlobster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:16 AM

My wife and I are looking to drive down for the event that weekend, probably get there later Friday night, do the show Saturday and part of Sunday and drive back north Sunday. As I'd rather not be driving around too much while there, could someone here tell me which 1 or 2 hotels maybe within walking distance (as this would be my first time at BTS) to the convention center :diver: . Feel free to PM me if you'd rather.

There's a link to local hotels at the BTS website.

BTS

Cheers,
Rick
:fish:

Are all these within walking distance from the convention?

#35 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:08 PM

Are all these within walking distance from the convention?

Yes, although one or two may be a bit of a hike.

Rick
:diver:

#36 madlobster

madlobster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:50 PM

Rick, which one/two would be the closest and my best bet? Crown Plaza? Or? Thanks for your help :thankyou:

#37 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:17 AM

Rick, which one/two would be the closest and my best bet? Crown Plaza? Or? Thanks for your help :thankyou:

Crown Plaza and Holiday Inn are the two closest, with Crown Plaza being right next door to the Conference Center. Both places are quite good, if not a bit pricey.

Rick
:usflag:

#38 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:34 AM

My wife and I are looking to drive down for the event that weekend, probably get there later Friday night, do the show Saturday and part of Sunday and drive back north Sunday. As I'd rather not be driving around too much while there, could someone here tell me which 1 or 2 hotels maybe within walking distance (as this would be my first time at BTS) to the convention center :thankyou: . Feel free to PM me if you'd rather.

Madlobster, glad to see you and your wife are joining the group for BTS... the shows are really a lot of fun and last year there was a wonderful turn out on how many people came through!

However anyone joining the group, please be sure to fill out a volunteer application and get it faxed in right away!!! The deadline is coming up real soon for these!

Edited by Dejah, 07 February 2006 - 08:34 AM.

#39 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 06:27 PM

This came out today on the BTS mailing list:

In celebration of BENEATH THE SEA’s 30th Anniversary
Undersea Exposition and Dive Travel Show
at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, New Jersey
MARCH 24th , 25th and 26th . 2006,

We shall take as our theme: Legends of the Sea.
If you are to follow Legends of the Sea, it is best to begin at the beginning, and the people who began it all. Back in the early 1930’s , Hans and Lotte Hass were the first people in the sea. Today, though in their eighties, they will continue their spirit of adventure with a voyage from their home in Vienna, Austria to Beneath the Sea in order to help us celebrate our 30th Anniversary.

All this plus 300 exhibits, the Andrea Doria Project, Tech Diving Conference, Discover Diving, over 50 seminars & workshops, fantastic Film Festival, Formal Awards & casual Parties.

For more information please visit our web site:
http://www.beneaththesea.org/

Zig
Armand Zigahn
Executive Director,
Beneath The Sea, Inc.,495 New Rochelle Rd.
Bronxville, NY 10708
tel 914-664-4310 fax 914-664-4315
zig4bts@aol.com
http://www.beneaththesea.org/
Beneath The Sea 2006, March 24, 25, 26

Rick
:cheerleader:

#40 NCMasterDiver

NCMasterDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Board Status:ready to dive......
  • Cert Level:AOW - Enriched Air (nitrox)
  • Logged Dives:154 +/-

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:59 PM

I am interested in attending the BTS show and working/volunteering for the 3 day period. As usual, details of the participation await the return of Kamala from the Bahamas diving trip to work out the details of the SD.com booth hours and overall BTS volunteer hours. Travel arrangements and lodging are also pending.
Seems to me that we should get together soon and work out a game plan and overall itenary for volunteers . The registration deadline is next week. So as to get a tentative head count for volunteers, add me to the list for the 3 day period.

To those attending and volunteering, hopefully, we will get some time to venture into New york and surrounding areas to do some sight seeing and shopping. As time permits, those in the know please be thinking of side trips and adventures we might enjoy.

The previous thread offering (limited) free rooms is a very good gesture toward the success of SD.com marketing the organization. Since cost plays a big part in volunteering, I certainly appreciate the offer.

As long as you have faith, there is hope.

#41 madlobster

madlobster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:17 PM

Rick, which one/two would be the closest and my best bet? Crown Plaza? Or? Thanks for your help :cool2:

Crown Plaza and Holiday Inn are the two closest, with Crown Plaza being right next door to the Conference Center. Both places are quite good, if not a bit pricey.

Rick
:cool2:

:-D Then it looks like the Crown Plaza, I may have a few others joining me for the journey southward :dance: Rick, thanks for your help!

#42 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 February 2006 - 06:31 PM

WOW! This is great! Jerry we'd LOVE to have you help us... :cool2:

Dejah is helping to organize all our volunteers and the BTS volunteers! Please let her know your plans directly or via the thread.

She will do a headcount to see how many more volunteers we need for the show! :cool2:

NYDiver is awesome isn't he offering up some free rooms...I know the offer is too good to pass up so I will be at one of those free rooms myself! Now to make sure I room with someone with a car! :dance:

If you want to stay in the free room(s) we'll certainly have a carpool situation for the show so getting lost will be much less likely!

Madlobster I am thrilled you are joining us and can help with either BTS or SD...the more the merrier and since you'll be walking distance to the show then we know we won't miss you! :-D

Any other volunteers? This show will rock...and yes SD has a surprise for the show...hopefully several of them! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#43 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:12 PM

Kamala, How many of the volunteer applications have you gotten so far?

#44 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:09 AM

None but I think several have sent them directly too BTS. Can you all take a minute to update in the thread if you have sent your application to BTS or to SD? Thanks! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#45 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 07:50 AM

None but I think several have sent them directly too BTS. Can you all take a minute to update in the thread if you have sent your application to BTS or to SD? Thanks! kamala

Yes please, anyone who has done an application and sent it in already to either SD or BTS please let us know.. this is required by BTS so they can have a clear record of who's going to be there and for badges to get into the show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users