• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Would You Marry Again? or Say Never Again?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#76 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:32 AM

Actually - you are very wrong about me -- I know there are great loves out there and maybe I will be living in one. But I also know there will be times we fuss at eachother -- time when the kids are irritating -- that I am irritating -- that he is irritating. I don't live in some fairy tale Stepford Wives world and I understand that some days that life is difficult. There will be some days that I would rather run away to somewhere tropical for just a little while. But my love, loyalty and commitment would keep me home -- continuing to work on my relationship, family - love and life. I don't see what is so sad about that.

First, I must clarify that I am in no way judging you or forming an opinion of "you" based on a single post - I don't even know you. I'm simply looking at what you referred to in your previous post as the reality of relationships, in my opinion, sounds very sad. If you want to refer to my reality as a fairy tale Stepford Wives world that's your choice; however bear in mind that the "wanting to be with him" feeling is but a tiny slice of any relationship and should in no way be used to define the entirety.

You initially referred to Trimix's quote as a "load of crap." Well maybe to you it does sound like a dream world. It say with my deepest convictions that if we do not have dreams and we do not have hope, we might as well just stop in our tracks because our lives will go nowhere without them.

In my follow up post I believe I stated, using different words, that your reality is yours and that's ok; it's just not mine. Your dreams and your hope apparently lie in different areas of your life; that's ok too. I meant absolutely no offense.

I once dated a man who told me that about every 7 to 10 years we change in the way we feel about most things in life. Some of my changes have been major almost overnight, and some have been gradual over the time period. It might be fun to print this thread out and put it away in a jewlery box or something. Fold it, write on it "Don't Open Till 2013!" Then 7 years from now take a peak and see how much of it still holds true for you, or if some event (or eventgs) in your life has cause a slight or even major shift in your way of thinking.

"LOAD OF CRAP", I can only assume applies to the very last line in my posting, darling. If so, in that case I assume your full support on the entirity of the rest of the posting. It never seizes to amaze me how great minds think alike. :D :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users