• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Girls -- when ya gotta go --

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 TekDiveGirl

TekDiveGirl

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Divemaster - trained through advanced wreck and Advanced Tri-mix
  • Logged Dives:A whole bunch - I don't know excactly as my logbook was destroyed... )-; It's a long story -- you really don't want to know...

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:14 PM

What is such a big deal about Depends/nappies/diapers for the women folk? They work. So, why not just use them?

I have no issues using my diapers -- they are a godsend -- it was a bit weird at first -- but I got over it after doing the pee-dance in deco a couple of times. I do have some serious p-valve envy with the boys though... but not enough to go the internal cath route risking infection, leakage, reduced muscle tone and all that comes along with it...

You'll already smell pretty bad by ziplocking yourself into thermals under a drysuit for an afternoon of diving. How much worse can it get?

Hey now -- I unzip my ds and smell quite lovely thankyouverymuch!!!! HRMPH!!! Some people ---
Kimber

Pink ~~~
It's the New Black!!!

#17 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:02 PM

Hey now -- I unzip my ds and smell quite lovely thankyouverymuch!!!! HRMPH!!! Some people ---

Perhaps in Califormia, where you have cooler air and water. Not here. Perhaps it is just I. :)
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#18 TekDiveGirl

TekDiveGirl

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Divemaster - trained through advanced wreck and Advanced Tri-mix
  • Logged Dives:A whole bunch - I don't know excactly as my logbook was destroyed... )-; It's a long story -- you really don't want to know...

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:33 PM

Perhaps in Califormia, where you have cooler air and water. Not here. Perhaps it is just I. :diver:

He he he -- maybe it is that "secret" --- yanno -- "strong enough for a man -- but made for a woman!"

:P
Kimber

Pink ~~~
It's the New Black!!!

#19 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 02 February 2006 - 02:25 AM

:cool1:

Edited by Brinybay, 02 February 2006 - 02:16 PM.

"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 02 February 2006 - 02:04 PM

I do think Babyducks' idea would work...and it doesn't involve pain or risk...and it seems like we'd need 6gill to help with the steady hand...and take Kimber's suggestion to have a depends just in case...and not stand downwind of warmwater divers like SDM and heck...any suit even dry has some moisture collection and yes...it can get a bit uh...strong with LOTS OF REPEATED USE!!!

Now Greg...lets talk about these denial issues you have!!! :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#21 gcbryan

gcbryan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Logged Dives:620

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:13 PM

On a serious note :wakawaka: how do the female astronauts deal with this problem?

Also, I have a female hiking buddy who has a cup like devise with a spout at the end. In effect, she can pee like a guy on a hike. It's not something she wears as would have to be the case in a drysuit but you would think something along those lines would be out there for female divers.

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:12 PM

My drysuit manufacturer said that even if you used a pee valve for a girl...you'd have gravity issues trying to eliminate properly!

Yuck! :banghead:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#23 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:11 PM

On longer dives it is not only good manners but helps contribute to a good trip if one allows the ladies in drysuits up the ladder and out of the water first.
At the end of a dive(75min deco cold water) a friend(female)made the observation that this was further proof that God was not a woman.

Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users