• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Post Traumatic Stressed Singles

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:16 PM

I'm sure if you are providing a smorgasbord, you will find a starvin' marvin somewhere close by... :usflag:

I think you missed the point of Auntie Mame's famous line. The fact is, there's a whole lot of fun to be had all round you in life, (sexual and non-sexual) and most people are too wrapped up in their angst to enjoy what life has to offer.

I think many of us were thrown off track a bit with your original smorgasbord statement. I intrepreted it much like ITB did.

I started to say "Thanks for the clarification; makes a lot more sense." But... I just read the "thread stopper" thread, and maybe I did hear you right the first time.

I think a lot of people spend a great deal of energy trying to get unwrapped from their angst, me being one. Not everything is easy for everybody, and often it helps to talk about it. Not just talk to hear yourself talk mind you, but to have an exchange of information that benefits all parties involved.

While I agree that there is a lot of life out there to enjoy and time is wasting; I prefer my sex life to be a main course meal shared with one special person rather than a smorgasbord with everybody welcome to a serving of whatever's on the menu at the time.

I also don't judge other people for their views or differences in lifestyles. Your lifestyle is your lifestyle, and mine is mine. Doesn't mean we can't be friends, just means I make different choices.

I didn't get to where I am without trying a few of the wrong roads first. Been there, done that - not real proud of my t-shirt.

Edited by Twinklez, 17 February 2006 - 04:31 PM.

#32 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:18 PM

Your Aunt is very wise...

There was a book, Auntie Mame, and it was rewritten into a play by the same name. She was a woman who lived in NYC during the 20's, her brother died and she became the caretaker of her nephew. The book was written by her nephew. She was a free spirit to say the least.
I was in the play. I played Agnes Gooch, her secretary. It was a really funny book, you should read it.

#33 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:21 PM

Based on the response to this thread, I really think we consider starting a new one entitled "Do Men Overestimate the Ease with which Women Can Get Laid?"

Edited by lgrahamtx, 17 February 2006 - 05:28 PM.

Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#34 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:28 PM

I started to say "Thanks for the clarification; makes a lot more sense." But... I just read the "thread stopper" thread, and maybe I did hear you right the first time.

Hey, I'm not saying I'll sleep with just anyone.

I think a lot of people spend a great deal of energy trying to get unwrapped from their angst, me being one. Not everything is easy for everybody, and often it helps to talk about it. Not just talk to hear yourself talk mind you, but to have an exchange of information that benefits all parties involved.

I spent a great deal of time getting over all my angst. I wouldn't date anyone while I was in the midst of it. It's gone. Now I wanna have fun.

While I agree that there is a lot of life out there to enjoy and time is wasting; I prefer my sex life to be a main course meal shared with one special person rather than a smorgasbord with everybody welcome to a serving of whatever's on the menu at the time.

that's where you and I differ. I love tapas. If a main course comes around, fine. But at least I didn't go hungry waiting for it

#35 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:32 PM

There was a book, Auntie Mame, and it was rewritten into a play by the same name. She was a woman who lived in NYC during the 20's, her brother died and she became the caretaker of her nephew. The book was written by her nephew. She was a free spirit to say the least.
I was in the play. I played Agnes Gooch, her secretary. It was a really funny book, you should read it.

There's also a wonderful film version with Rosalind Russell. :usflag:

#36 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:33 PM

I hardly think that FairyBasslet or really any other woman would state that they prefer their sex lives to be a series of one-night stands. She was being funny, and I for one, appreciate her humor. It gave me a good chuckle. Also, we all know it ain't that easy meeting great guys. I've definitely kissed more frogs than princes, but let's just say that I can't totally write off frogs. You usually don't know they are frogs until it is too late.
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#37 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:42 PM

I hardly think that FairyBasslet or really any other woman would state that they prefer their sex lives to be a series of one-night stands.

Absolutely correct Igra

She was being funny, and I for one, appreciate her humor. It gave me a good chuckle.

Thanks.

Also, we all know it ain't that easy meeting great guys. I've definitely kissed more frogs than princes, but let's just say that I can't totally write off frogs. You usually don't know they are frogs until it is too late.

Yep.

#38 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:43 PM

that's where you and I differ. I love tapas. If a main course comes around, fine. But at least I didn't go hungry waiting for it

And that's ok. I meant what I wrote earlier about not judging other people. My comments weren't intended to be judgemental, but just an offering of a different opinion. I found humor in what you said, but I also understood correctly that you are agreeable to nibbling here and there. I'm not. And that's ok too.

You said there's a lot of fun out there and you're right. Like you I just want to have fun. I've chosen not to partake in fun of flesh at the moment, and won't until I think I've found the right one. So I partake in whatever else I can. Not saying I don't think about it. Not saying I don't get horny as well. Just saying I've made a choice and I'm doing my very best to stick with it. I believe it's the best choice for me; and not intended for anyone else.

We're not so different really; we've just made different choices is all.

#39 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:50 PM

You said there's a lot of fun out there and you're right. Like you I just want to have fun. I've chosen not to partake in fun of flesh at the moment, and won't until I think I've found the right one. So I partake in whatever else I can. Not saying I don't think about it. Not saying I don't get horny as well. Just saying I've made a choice and I'm doing my very best to stick with it. I believe it's the best choice for me; and not intended for anyone else.

We're not so different really; we've just made different choices is all.

Actually, our choices aren't that different either :usflag:

#40 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:58 PM

Actually, our choices aren't that different either :usflag:

:diver:

#41 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving
  • Logged Dives:Thousands... (really!)

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:09 PM

Actually, our choices aren't that different either :diver:

:D

Now that I've successfully revived this thread.... :usflag:
"The most important thing is to never stop breathing"... ITB

Actually, the WORST day of diving is better than the BEST day at work... :)

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

#42 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:22 PM

wow!!!! :diver: Now that you refresh my memory...OF COURSE I remember the play....and...I have to say I admire your skill at speaking your mind without lecturing or cutting....I seem to step on toes...although I really don't mean to... I have been told by my closest friends that I am VERY blunt....and I guess I am...(comes with old age???) but pretend doesn't fly with me and I am good at spotting it...if your side of the fence is decided upon by the latest and greatest...well....that falls in the category of "fly by night" ( OKAY NO SEXUAL MEANING HERE :usflag:..unless of course....)

Edited by finley, 17 February 2006 - 06:24 PM.

who's leading this parade anyway?

#43 Taniwha

Taniwha

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Cert Level:Advance Open Water
  • Logged Dives:56

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:20 PM

There is a saying here in Texas ... "When you get thrown off the horse, you get right back on".

In the immortal words of Derek Zoolander, "How would I know? I'm not a gymnast!" :D

Cheers,
Doug
When your heart is full, try using your head.

#44 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:30 PM

Actually, our choices aren't that different either :D

:D

Now that I've successfully revived this thread.... :D

It was never dead...but go ahead, take all the credit you feel you need! :lmao:

#45 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:10 AM

...I have to say I admire your skill at speaking your mind without lecturing or cutting...

Aww. Thanks.

I seem to step on toes...although I really don't mean to... I have been told by my closest friends that I am VERY blunt....and I guess I am...(comes with old age???)

I think I'm older than you are!!! :-D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users