• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

A few pictures

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Cairo

Cairo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:I lost count.

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:25 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just thought I would throw a few pictures up. So bored......too late for night dive must wait till morning........................

#2 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:34 AM

It's not just a job, it's an adventure. Not an adventure I'd like to take. Can't wait for all of you to come home. I have mixed feelings about what you've been asked to do and why. I can see the good, and I can see some underlying intent as well. None of that matters when I look at your pictures. I just want all of you to come home!

Funny thing...I don't personally know a single person serving abroad, yet my eyes fill with tears every time I think of all of you. I want you all home, where ever your homes are.

#3 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving
  • Logged Dives:Thousands... (really!)

Posted 16 February 2006 - 10:17 AM

It's not just a job, it's an adventure. Not an adventure I'd like to take. Can't wait for all of you to come home. I have mixed feelings about what you've been asked to do and why. I can see the good, and I can see some underlying intent as well. None of that matters when I look at your pictures. I just want all of you to come home!

Funny thing...I don't personally know a single person serving abroad, yet my eyes fill with tears every time I think of all of you. I want you all home, where ever your homes are.

I wish there was never a need to have a military... but I thank God it exists knowing that there are those willing to destroy us because we are "infidels". Heck, even many of the Muslims must be infidels... since the power grabbing bunch seems to have no problem killing other Muslims.

God speed and thanks... Let's go diving!

ITB...
"The most important thing is to never stop breathing"... ITB

Actually, the WORST day of diving is better than the BEST day at work... :)

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:58 PM

WOW what emotional picutures...even in the simplest of elements...I still can't believe the heat...but then perhaps I'd finally be warm!!! ;)

(Sorry its freezing here and yes...I live in Texas for a reason...cuz its HOT!!!)

Thank you all for doing a job most of us would not do...and none of us would be who we are without. As many of you know I am a military 'brat'...my father was quite a vetern in Korea...his dad before him in WWII and our military roots go back to the Civil War.

We know the value of a strong military and we appreciate it.

And if ANY of our members are active duty military in ANY COUNTRY THAT SUPPORTS FREEDOM...then your membership with SingleDivers.com is FREE!!! Just let us know....:twist: :birthday: I need more flags!!!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#5 Terri

Terri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:27 PM

(Sorry its freezing here and yes...I live in Texas for a reason...cuz its HOT!!!)

Are ya kiddin??? It's 80 degrees here today... :birthday:
'I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead'...JB

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:54 PM

Are ya kiddin??? It's 80 degrees here today... :tears:

Did I say it was freezing here...my bad...I meant to say it will be freezing here in 24hrs or less....Record High Feb 16th 85 and low's will be 35 Feb 17th...a 50 degree difference in less than 24hours :diver:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#7 Cairo

Cairo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:17 PM

Just finished 4 years in Texas. It does get Icy out there though, I have to say. But I do miss 6th Street and a drunken swim in the riverwalk never hurt anyone.......... And I'm not working for 4 days do you know how many dives I cram into four days?!?!?!?

#8 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:26 PM

Goodness, how long have you been in and how long do you plan to stay in?

You missed the best parts of Texas fooling around in Austin and San Antonio. Stationed at Ft. Hood I imagine. SD did weekend events at both Travis and Stillhouse last summer. Too bad you weren't there to join us then.

Three or four dives a day? maybe a few more depending on depth and duration...

What's the diving like there?

Edited by Twinklez, 16 February 2006 - 08:28 PM.

#9 nurseshark

nurseshark

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:51 PM

Hi there :diver:

Wow, thanks for the pictures!! It may even get warm enough there for me too!

A big Thanks to you and all the other wonderful people serving in our military!

So where DO you go diving? Whats it like? Tell us more!

Karen
:tears:

#10 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:02 PM

Thank you all for doing a job most of us would not do...and none of us would be who we are without. As many of you know I am a military 'brat'...my father was quite a vetern in Korea...his dad before him in WWII and our military roots go back to the Civil War.

And if ANY of our members are active duty military in ANY COUNTRY THAT SUPPORTS FREEDOM...then your membership with SingleDivers.com is FREE!!! Just let us know....:tears: :diver: I need more flags!!!! -ww

AMEN
who's leading this parade anyway?

#11 Cairo

Cairo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:50 PM

Missed the dive boat this morning!!! Insert choice words here ______ here _______ and here__________________________. That just means I'm going shore diving.

4 Years last I checked, nope I'm sooooooo getting out. They got their time and sweat out of me, I've got better things to do, like diving! I'd really like to take up some kind of job in diving. Paid to dive whats not to like about that? So I get a super cool membership for being in the military? A real military discount? Noooooooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. You mean like its for real and its not just words on paper to charge me a extra 30 percent? Sign me up, thanks.

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,702 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:23 PM

So I get a super cool membership for being in the military? A real military discount? Noooooooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. You mean like its for real and its not just words on paper to charge me a extra 30 percent? Sign me up, thanks.

Hey RedSox04...we give a free premier membership to all our active duty military which it sounds as if you are qualified and that gives them full priveledges in the community plus member discounts off of all our trips and access to our wholesale travel network. Disounts can range from $25 to hundreds of dollars...it just depends on the service you partake of.

Click here for all the perks of being a premier member.

And yes it is real...as I said in my earlier post...I am a military brat and I come from a long line of military families...been both the brat of an enlisted man and an officer so know both sides of the coin.

You'll be upgraded when I finish typing this and we only ask that you tell all your other diving buddies both military and non about SingleDivers.com! (And yes...the military guys/gals will also receive a free premier membership too!)

Thank you again for all your dedication and hard work...and enjoy being one of our Divers In Uniform!!! Thank you again for posting the pictures....kamala

formerly...

#13 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:33 PM

WOW what emotional picutures...even in the simplest of elements...I still can't believe the heat...but then perhaps I'd finally be warm!!! :D

And if ANY of our members are active duty military in ANY COUNTRY THAT SUPPORTS FREEDOM...then your membership with SingleDivers.com is FREE!!! Just let us know....:diver: :usflag: I need more flags!!!! -ww

No you don't...the ONE they are fighting to preserve and protect is there....
LET FREEDOM RING
who's leading this parade anyway?

#14 Dive_buddy

Dive_buddy

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Logged Dives:198

Posted 17 February 2006 - 10:05 PM

I need more flags!!!! -ww

How 'bout one of the originals?
Posted Image
The Gadsden Flag.

I would like to thank each and every man and woman who are serving our country. You give up so much to serve. You give up the simple things that we take for granted in order to serve. Anytime I am stuck in traffic, I think how most of you would be happy to be stuck in that same traffic and not where you are now. Some of you have even given up your lives for us. We all owe you more than we can repay.

I would also like to thank the civilians who take the time to thank our service members. When the Viet Nam war ended, I watched many service men and women come home, only to be called baby raipers and worse. It makes me proud to be an American once again when I see the public honoring our service members instead of cursing them. Thank each of you for rendering proper honors.
Olympic diving is a sport. Scuba diving is an obsession.

#15 Cairo

Cairo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:37 PM

Actually on the whole driving bit, I think anyone who's been across the pond can attest to this. Theres something awfully liberating about being in a tank or humvee going down the road in the wrong lane aganist traffic. Its like the red sea parting. I think I have a picture of it around here somewhere.....Posted Image

Something to that effect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users