• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

A few pictures

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:24 AM

Just driving a tank down the road would be liberating enough; let alone taking it down the wrong side. Hell, who needs the road anyway? My step-dad, his brother and a couple of their HS friends were in the Guard together. He thankfully never saw any action, but goodness they had some crazy stories about the things they did in those tanks out in the Southern California desert. I think they're all gone now; only his brother (Uncle Bob) is still living.

I imagine it's pretty noisey inside a tank.

Edited by Twinklez, 20 February 2006 - 06:24 AM.

#17 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:29 PM

do you know how many dives I cram into four days?!?!?!?

if not 20, then your not trying hard enough
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#18 us marine

us marine

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Resuce Diver
  • Logged Dives:15 to 20

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:55 PM

hey what up. im from the dallas area and im in iraq. i serve in the marines and im looking for a dive buddy or two that would wanna hang out in september or october when i get home for 2 weeks of r&r from iraq

It's not just a job, it's an adventure. Not an adventure I'd like to take. Can't wait for all of you to come home. I have mixed feelings about what you've been asked to do and why. I can see the good, and I can see some underlying intent as well. None of that matters when I look at your pictures. I just want all of you to come home!

Funny thing...I don't personally know a single person serving abroad, yet my eyes fill with tears every time I think of all of you. I want you all home, where ever your homes are.

#19 us marine

us marine

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Resuce Diver
  • Logged Dives:15 to 20

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:57 PM

im in the marines and im currently in iraq. you can reach me at wolfden@directlink.net or derek.baringer@cssemnf-wiraq.usmc.mil if u need more information

WOW what emotional picutures...even in the simplest of elements...I still can't believe the heat...but then perhaps I'd finally be warm!!! :birthday:

(Sorry its freezing here and yes...I live in Texas for a reason...cuz its HOT!!!)

Thank you all for doing a job most of us would not do...and none of us would be who we are without. As many of you know I am a military 'brat'...my father was quite a vetern in Korea...his dad before him in WWII and our military roots go back to the Civil War.

We know the value of a strong military and we appreciate it.

And if ANY of our members are active duty military in ANY COUNTRY THAT SUPPORTS FREEDOM...then your membership with SingleDivers.com is FREE!!! Just let us know....:birthday: :birthday: I need more flags!!!! -ww

#20 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 05 April 2006 - 01:24 PM

im from the dallas area and im in iraq. i serve in the marines and im looking for a dive buddy or two that would wanna hang out in september or october when i get home for 2 weeks of r&r from iraq

You probably would like to spend time with our more bumpy divers, but I would be honored to run out to CSSP with you. I'll even drive.

That's assuming you don't mind being seen with a USN guy.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users