• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Maximum Cleavage

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:32 PM

Lets state it out front, I am a fan of nice cleavage and am not offended by it. If you got it, flaunt it. Whatever.

Now with that said. I attended a party recently which was attended by several very attractive women. These women were cordial, friendly, attractive, and how shall we say........................... blessed. One in particular was very pleasant for the momment we spoke so this is not a reflection on her, but a gentle understanding in general. She was wearing a top which ........ well lets say left not much to the immagination. I personally have noticed this more and more say over the past two years.

Is this show them if you got them a new developing thing? Or have I just been blind or locked in a closest for the previous two decades.

Also how do you reconsile to your son who says to you while eating, "Daddy I can see here boobies." Yes, well uh......... don' t look and just finish your desert. Gawd the future is going to be interesting.

#2 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:48 PM

Is this show them if you got them a new developing thing? Or have I just been blind or locked in a closest for the previous two decades.

Actually, it's not new at all...you just had it hit your radar because it was your son who brought it up when you probably least expected to have to deal with the question. Had you been alone at the event, you probably wouldn't have noted it at all.

I've seen both what you describe and much worse. Why? Perhaps a lessening of modesty taboos in general over the decades. Plus, some folks are amoral to begin with...and others who just enjoy shock and titillation. Who really knows?

Also how do you reconsile to your son who says to you while eating, "Daddy I can see here boobies." Yes, well uh......... don' t look and just finish your desert. Gawd the future is going to be interesting.

I don't have children, so take this with a grain of salt; you have a golden opportunity to teach your son the value of restraint, good manners and taste as you wish him to understand those qualities to be.

Platypusman

#3 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:09 PM

I got to agree with the Monotreme - The idea is as old as our species. Just your perception has changed.
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#4 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:37 PM

I never notice. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#5 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:48 PM

Are you sure they were truly "blessed" or not simply showing off their "purchase"
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#6 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 26 February 2006 - 05:08 PM

It's not their chest I'm interested in anyway, it's their....mind.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#7 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 05:25 PM

I just saw that the post # to start this thread was 666, does that make this thread evil? :cool1:

#8 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 05:30 PM

Are you sure they were truly "blessed" or not simply showing off their "purchase"

No, looking through my calibrated eye, I'd have to say they looked to be the original article.

Shortly after his statement of the obvious, I had to explain that those were used to get men's money in the attempts to acquire jewelery. He said whatever and continued eating.

#9 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 05:32 PM

I never notice. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Can you get eye strain if you stare at them too long? Maybe a doctor should be consulted.

#10 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 05:33 PM

back on topic - is this a recent fashion trend or what ?

#11 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 26 February 2006 - 05:49 PM

I don't think it is a recent trend.......I have blouses that are 10 yrs old that are just as revealing as the ones I buy today. The bras however seem to be designed more to "enhance", hence forth, "reveal" more, even when the it is not the said wearers intention.

As for your son my reply would have been something to the effect of "Really, I did not notice her breasts, I just noticed that she looks pretty"

Edited by BeachBunny, 26 February 2006 - 05:52 PM.

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#12 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 05:58 PM

I don't think it is a recent trend.......I have blouses that are 10 yrs old that are just as revealing as the ones I buy today. The bras however seem to be designed more to "enhance", hence forth, "reveal" more, even when the it is not the said wearers intention.

As for your son my reply would have been something to the effect of "Really, I did not notice her breasts, I just noticed that she looks pretty"

so noted, i will rememeber for what i'm sure will be many more next times. good one - and thanks. Women are always better at redirecting or spinning then men, you guys just have that gift gene. we men are just L2 sometimes.

#13 Vessper

Vessper

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Rescue
  • Logged Dives:24

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:25 PM

Well personally I feel that women can look just as good or better with out "letting it all hang out." Don't get me wrong, it's sexy and erotic, but it's just not my speed. I think there is a line where it goes from being respectable to being trashy. Now I do understand that is the style of a lot of the clothing coming out and it seems to be getting worse as time goes on. When I see a woman wearing something that let's it all hang out, it makes me wonder what kind of attention she is craving from men.

#14 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:33 PM

....wow....finially a subject in which i am tech certified...........lol.

i was 16 in France for 6months as an exchange student, and the first day, with almost no sleep the previous 48 hrs, my host sister invites me to the community pool and proceeded to bare all. i actually got used to the whole bit....it was socially acceptable.
our danish exchange student used to always sunbath topless and could never understand why my mother got upset. even though she wasnt "gifted", she said she was proud of her body and didnt see anything wrong with it...
its all a matter of point of veiw, but what might be offensive isnt that there is so much "skin" exposed, but there is certain "inappropriate intent"....

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,724 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:33 PM

Can't speak for the women Steve noticed...but I do know that most of the women I see...or shall I say the ones I see at SD events are VERY attractive and yes many of them certainly have beautiful bodies for which they can showcase. Case in point...we had several lovely women at our SD Happy Hour that certainly were all that and more. One or two had the ability to wear tops that framed their assets very nicely. I did not see anything that was inappropriate and after all it was a Happy Hour in a bar...hence an adult atmosphere and therefore certainly appropriate.

I just wish I looked that good...if I did I might 'frame' mine as nicely as they did! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users