• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Water or Soft Drinks or ?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Water or Soft Drinks or other beverages... (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is better and why? Vote and comment!

1. Soft Drinks or Sodas (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Water (19 votes [73.08%])

Percentage of vote: 73.08%

3. Juice (4 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

4. Iced Tea or Hot Tea (1 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

5. Coffee (1 votes [3.85%])

6. Koolaid type drinks (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Crystal Light type drinks (1 votes [3.85%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:10 PM

i vote coffee,,,,,,,,,it has kept me alive for so many years! :teeth:

#17 Twinklez

Twinklez

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:27 PM

I try to drink as much water as possible but need something with taste too but rarely soda and then there are those recomendations:
64 oz of water a day
1 glass of cranberry juice
1 glass of red wine
1 cup of coffee
2 cups of green tea and the list keeps growing and this doesn't include our local flax seed pusher!

I combine my flax with my juice, so I don't have to add anything else. And BTW...the first week was miserable, but I'm starting to like this stuff especially in banana bread!

I much prefer chai to green tea, but chai has caffeine. If I can cut out that final cup of coffee than I can afford a cup of chai. :-)

Nope on the wine...but yes and cranberry juice. Even better if you can afford it is pomegranate juice...good stuff!

Edited by Twinklez, 10 March 2006 - 08:29 PM.

#18 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:09 PM

Posted Image

#19 Diversitea

Diversitea

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue (did DM training, never finished)
  • Logged Dives:1100- 1200

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:56 PM

Water and DIVERSITEA of course! Regular tea contains Tannins and caffeine, but Diversitea is 100% herbal, and Caffeine and Sugar free! :wavey:

The Red Clover helps detox Nitrogen waste and you feel less fatigued. Galangal prevents seasickness. Lots of divers report they drink more fluids because they prefer the flavor of Diversitea over plain water. And that can only be for the good!

It is really important to drink lots of water as well. 64 oz is only 2 quarts! Anyone can (and should) consume at least 1, maybe 2 quarts of non-diuretic liquds in a day of diving, and keep going with more into the evening!

Juices are good, although they may be high in natural sugars - Fresh squeezed is the healthiest. Some juices are also loaded down with chemicals and preservatives, and added High Fructose Corn Syrup. Read labels!

Sodas contain either Artificial sweeteners (Splenda, Aspartame, etc.) or High Fructose Corn Syrup, which is also really bad for you (blocks the receptors that tell you you have eaten enough - one of the leading reasons for the rampant obesity and the need to "Supersize" meals.

Coffee and black and green teas contain tannins and caffeine (diuretic). One cup in the morning won't kill you if oyu follow it with lots of water or Diversitea!

Alcohol is extremely dehydrating, and pretty much Taboo when diving anyway - but a hangover is partially caused by Dehydration - drink LOTS of extra fluids if you have overindulged the night before!

Also, stay out of the sun, and be very aware of the color of your urine. If it is clear, or close to it, you are hydrating well. The darker it is, the more dehydrated, generally.

Janine
Diversitea

Try Diversitea FREE by Clicking here - use Coupon code SINGLE during checkout!

Premier Members have special discounts in the Diversitea Online Store! Click HERE for the coupon code!
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

#20 AliKat

AliKat

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 04:18 PM

Which do I LIKE better, or which is BETTER for me?? The answers would be entirely different.

Water is the best for me, I know, and I don't drink nearly enough. I will reach for a diet pepsi before anything else.

I don't drink juice, because even 100% juice is pretty much pure sugar with all the fiber and good stuff removed to slow down the sugar from going straight to the bloodstream - I'd rather eat the fruit.

I'v never been a real big alcohol drinker, and I'm fine with decaf coffee - except for my mocha habit, which I'm trying to break So, if I just made every other diet pepsi a glass of water, I'd probably be in good shape.
"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users