• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How did you find SD.com?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 Terri

Terri

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:27 PM

Myself, it was at SeaSpace 2004 in Houston.

Me too!!!! SeaSpace 2004 - but I don't think WW was in the booth when I was there. Actually, I still don't know who I talked to at the SD booth.

I took the flyer home and didn't think anything of it at the time - because I wasn't a 'single' diver. But a few weeks later, I was sifting through the info from the show and found the flyer. And I WAS single by then! :)

Mitch is member #439 - and I'm member #449! :hiya:
'I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead'...JB

#32 cdtgray

cdtgray

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:Recreational: NAUI Instructor, Technical: Full Trimix
  • Logged Dives:A few hundred-ish but most are not LOGGED.

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:37 PM

I stumbled across this site while on Scubaboard. So far, I have enjoyed this board more - probably because everyone just seems nicer here.

#33 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:36 PM

I stumbled across this site while on Scubaboard. So far, I have enjoyed this board more - probably because everyone just seems nicer here.

Ah shucks!!! You just made my day!!! :flirt:

I'm sure it helps that we are only a fraction of the size of SB...but I sure hope that if we ever reached that size that we would be just as nice!!!

I know that being nice is part of our core philosophy...glad you are part of our group and even more so that you are one of our Divers in Uniform...we certainly salute your efforts! :unsure: kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#34 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:39 PM

I took the flyer home and didn't think anything of it at the time - because I wasn't a 'single' diver. But a few weeks later, I was sifting through the info from the show and found the flyer. And I WAS single by then! :flirt:

Ah yes the great misconception...that SingleDivers.com only caters to "Single" divers...yes many of our divers are 'single not married' but SINGLE means you don't have a partner or buddy...it really doesn't imply marital status....

But I'm glad you found us regardless!!!

So whether you are 'single not married' or 'married but buddyless' or even 'spoken for but buddyless' you are a SINGLE diver!!!

And as we like to say...

Its all about the diving...our hook ups are to tanks!!! :unsure:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#35 born2dive67

born2dive67

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Cert Level:open water, deep water, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:14 mostly class dives with 3 fun dives

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:18 PM

I was searching through online dive shops looking at gear when I saw a banner. I will freely admit that since I am single I definetly misconstrued the meaning. lol Went through the forums though after the initial letdown lol, and was greatly impressed with the wealth of knowledge given freely with the intentions of making everyone better divers, or at least more informed.

#36 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:26 PM

I did an online search for "single divers" and this site was at the top of the list. I wasn't looking to hook up so much as I was looking for dive buddies in my area either male or female. I found 'em! :-)

#37 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:33 PM

Hmmm... now you have me very confused! Am I nicer here than I am on ScubaBoard? Must have something to do with my being a Gemini.

I see WW hasn't revealed the deep, dark secret of where she and I met. Well, I'll be a gentleman and not reveal the secret... after all it was in a distant galaxy many years, and light years, away (at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Suffice it to say it was BSD... Before SingleDivers.

#38 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:08 PM

Hmmm... now you have me very confused! Am I nicer here than I am on ScubaBoard? Must have something to do with my being a Gemini.

I see WW hasn't revealed the deep, dark secret of where she and I met. Well, I'll be a gentleman and not reveal the secret... after all it was in a distant galaxy many years, and light years, away (at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Suffice it to say it was BSD... Before SingleDivers.

Now DrBill...a LADY never kisses and tells! Sssshhhh!!!! It is imperative that we keep our BSD...before SingleDivers day a secret...if we are sly about it no one will ever even know.... :lmao:

formerly...

#39 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 12 July 2006 - 08:24 PM

Now DrBill...a LADY never kisses and tells! Sssshhhh!!!! It is imperative that we keep our BSD...before SingleDivers day a secret...if we are sly about it no one will ever even know.... :lmao:

Hey, you didn't kiss me... did you? Wait a minute... were we THAT drunk? OMG. In that case I will honor your request... unless some other lovely lady on SD wants to force it out of me! Come on, I dare you all.

Edited by drbill, 12 July 2006 - 08:26 PM.

#40 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:36 PM

Like some of you, I found a comment or tag-line on ScubaBoard. Once I'd spent a few hours lurking through the posts here, I joined. There wasn't ANYTHING like the abrasive comments about people or gear here, so I figured it'd be a friendlier place to call 'home'. I'd gotten sorely tired of some of the 'personalities' over there.

What kept me here was a couple of trips that beat the heck out of trips with 3 different LDSes in Phoenix. One didn't fill, so they cancelled it around a month before the trip date. I'd bought airline tickets a month before that (oops). One was on a dinky little live-aboard, seriously over-crowded, and a tad worse than what I've heard Blackbeard's described as. The third was run so cheaply that I swore off of 'em. The motel(?) we stayed in I'd never go back to, even if they were free. I'm not so broke that I don't enjoy any luxuries, and I don't wanna fight the bugs for my bags.

#41 laffs

laffs

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:none yet.... but planning it
  • Logged Dives:see above

Posted 16 July 2006 - 08:06 AM

Lookin through the pages of Sport Diver, I saw an add for the Fantasy Island trip. SD.com was listed as a sponsor. So I thought I'd see what the site was about. (it did take me two tries to get to the right site though)
My son and I are looking into getting OW cert. soon. Looking forward to talking to you guys here. :banghead:

#42 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:47 PM

:welcome: to SD Ted!!

We're glad you found us and will look forward to talking with you as well! Another great way for us to get to know you in in an intro post in our New to SingleDivers.com Forum then we can give you a proper SD welcome!

-dive_girl
SingleDivers Angel :angel2:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#43 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:42 PM

How I found SD? Hmmm, well it started out by meeting our founder wreckwench from another location evenually becoming certified to dive and 3-5 months later going on what later became the first SD trip to Cozumel... that of course was 3 years ago and well the rest is history. :welcome:

Dejah

#44 piscesgirl

piscesgirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Supervisor
  • Logged Dives:Stopped logging years ago, but at least 100

Posted 20 July 2006 - 06:47 PM

I got tired of not having any dive buddies. None of my close friends are divers, and the blank stares when you talk about places you dove and things you saw was just sad :welcome:
OH WHATEVER!!

#45 C-Food

C-Food

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Cert Level:in training (beginner)

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:03 AM

I was referred here by another board member on the Scuba Diving D2D board - it hasn't been that long ago, but I can't remember who referred me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users