• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Perhaps It's Time for a Northeast HH

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 Hipshot

Hipshot

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:32 PM

We had a good group at BTS. So, with this momentum, I suggest that we have a Northeast HH. Any thoughts?

Rick

:)

You can ponder perpetual motion, fix your mind on a crystal day,
Always time for a good conversation, there’s an ear for what you say.--
Creedence Clearwater Revival

#2 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Cert Level:aow
  • Logged Dives:+/-300 ? (not logged)

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:55 PM

Where do you suggest?....ok, i'm in. What if we did a dive on a Saturday somewhere then HH afterward?

#3 ScubaGypsy

ScubaGypsy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:04 PM

We had a good group at BTS. So, with this momentum, I suggest that we have a Northeast HH. Any thoughts?

Well Hipshot, since you live in CT, where are you thinking of having it? RI is centrally planted for New England or are you considering the CT, NY, NJ areas?
The sea is everything........Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the 'Living Infinite,' ..........

Capt. Nemo...........20,000 Leagues under the Sea

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:50 AM

YEA!!! Its time... its time... its time! :cheerleader:

We met a number of folks who expressed interest in helping to get some Happy HOURS going in the area! From the number of people we met at the show...I think its only a matter of time before the NE is the largest group of SDer's anywhere! Yep...even more than Texas! :o

Rick thanks for getting the ball going...I'm going to talk to some of the other gals that offered to help us! YES I said GALS!!! :wakawaka:

And I'm going to be joining you for either the first one or one of the early ones! We do want to do some dives of the month along with our Happy Hours so if you are interested in being a Dive of the Month organizer let me know! I'll give you my thoughts on it and we'll get it going! WOO!!! HOO!!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#5 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:27 AM

Ill be away in Florida April 7-15. Otherwise, if you schedule it anywhere within 150 miles of Randolph, NJ, I will make it.

As for diving, Im not very well equipped for northern waters at the moment. But, Ill try my best to join anything you set up.

BB
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#6 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 30 March 2006 - 06:54 PM

Well Hipshot, since you live in CT, where are you thinking of having it? RI is centrally planted for New England or are you considering the CT, NY, NJ areas?

That's just it, Gypsy--I threw this one out to see who's interested. I certainly wouldn't mind having one in Newport if it wouldn't be too far away for too many others (say, from NJ).

The Red Parrot would be a perfect place, if we were to go to Newport. Somehow, I don't think they'd let us convene in The Breakers. :fish: Seriously, if we're going to have one in Newport, let's do it soon before downtown traffic becomes extremely unfriendly.

Rick

:o

Women have come, women have gone,
Everyone tryin’ to cage me.
Some were so sweet, I barely got free,
Others, they only enraged me.
Sometimes at night, I see their faces,
I feel the traces they left on my soul.
Those are the memories that made me a wealthy soul.--
Bob Seger

#7 ScubaGypsy

ScubaGypsy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:08 PM

That's just it, Gypsy--I threw this one out to see who's interested. I certainly wouldn't mind having one in Newport if it wouldn't be too far away for too many others (say, from NJ).

The Red Parrot would be a perfect place, if we were to go to Newport. Somehow, I don't think they'd let us convene in The Breakers. :o Seriously, if we're going to have one in Newport, let's do it soon before downtown traffic becomes extremely unfriendly.

I have no problem arranging it for Newport though it would have to be at the end of April as I'll be out of town. Hopefully some of the folks from Mass. could attend but it will be a drive for folks coming from NJ. It really doesn't start getting too crowded until June so we could push it into May if that is preferrable.
The sea is everything........Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the 'Living Infinite,' ..........

#8 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:04 PM

Man that looks like a hike...possible long weekend though...i'm teetering...

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:24 AM

As soon as we get the over 500 names we had show interest in SD from the show keyed into our mailing system and a blast go out to them...I think you all will be planning SEVERAL happy hours...so no need to teeter too much.

Now if I could only brush up on my local NE geography...I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to make at least one of these...if not the first one! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#10 Cairo

Cairo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:I lost count.

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:37 PM

Dude that 4th of July traffic on Thames street is awful. It mind as well be a parking lot. Red Parrots good ,Buskers is my gathering place of choice. Depending on when your HH falls I might just be able to make it.

#11 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:53 PM

Dude that 4th of July traffic on Thames street is awful. It mind as well be a parking lot. Red Parrots good ,Buskers is my gathering place of choice. Depending on when your HH falls I might just be able to make it.

Guess I cannot complain about it being a hike from Jersey...

#12 ScubaGypsy

ScubaGypsy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:34 PM

Guess I cannot complain about it being a hike from Jersey...

It is definitely a hike between Newport and NJ as it is an overnighter either way. Perhaps we should be thinking of two different regions, 1) NJ-NYC-CT and 2) New England including CT, RI, MA, NH, ME and VT (though do we have anyone on here from NH, ME and VT?).

Obviously if someone is so inclined they can visit both as I have had the pleasure of attending a DFW HH when I was in Dallas on business in January and everyone was welcoming.

I also agree that the mid summer Newport crowds are a PITA to deal with so I'm thinking for Newport of perhaps a May HH and then maybe a charter wreck dive in September?

I'm just tossing out some thoughts here and am open to hearing others.

BTW, anyone heading to the Wrecks 2006 seminar in Natick, MA tomorrow?

#13 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:14 PM

Depending on what weekend they settle on we could car pool although after my Cayman party fiasco when the altenator went in the middle of nowhere at 1am maybe we should use your car.
I've been having an unbelieveable string of bad luck this month starting with the Utila trip, the truck dying Sunday and this morning I came within minutes of losing my house to an electrical fire. :P
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#14 solodiver in nj

solodiver in nj

• PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:18 PM

Depending on what weekend they settle on we could car pool although after my Cayman party fiasco when the altenator went in the middle of nowhere at 1am maybe we should use your car.
I've been having an unbelieveable string of bad luck this month starting with the Utila trip, the truck dying Sunday and this morning I came within minutes of losing my house to an electrical fire. :wakawaka:

Lat-
I've been following your threads, I was going to say it can only get better from here, but don't want to jinx you. I would be happy to ride up with you (in my cherokee). Hey, I have been meaning to ask about your Navy career, what is your rating? I was an AME 1986-1990, down in Norfolk (VAQ-209). Great time, met some good people, still stay in touch with them. Actually, went camping this past summer with some of them. Be safe

#15 Cairo

Cairo

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:I lost count.

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:02 AM

Hey you guys know where I can get my hands on some lobster gauges? I called home today about it but to no avail. You know those ones you put in the eye socket and measure the body? Nothing says free meal better than "Look what I caught." Figure it'll be handy when I go back to the 401.
(I still think its cool that my entire state has only one area code.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users