• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Random Take Tuesday!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:45 AM

Something seems inherently wrong for a Harley-Davidson sticker to be on a Dodge minivan....
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#2 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving
  • Logged Dives:Thousands... (really!)

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:33 PM

Hey, even biker chics can be soccer moms nowadays... or is it the other way around now??? :P

:dance:
"The most important thing is to never stop breathing"... ITB

Actually, the WORST day of diving is better than the BEST day at work... :)

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

#3 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:47 PM

there was a guy at a neighborhood bar I used to go to who used the club on his steering wheel so noone would steal his car...but he always left the drivers window rolled down!

#4 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:59 PM

You know, if I wanted to have almost 30+ days of rain in the past 6 weeks I would have moved to Seattle!!! :cheerleader:

Scott

:bam:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#5 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:01 PM

Why does almost everyone in the Houston/Galveston area that I tell I am going to a Bill Maher comedy show on Thursday night look at me like I'm performing a sexual act on Fidel Castro or Osama Bin Laden? I know this is a conservative place, but what is so weird about going to see a comedy act?

Edited by lgrahamtx, 11 April 2006 - 07:07 PM.

Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#6 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:50 PM

Hey, even biker chics can be soccer moms nowadays... or is it the other way around now??? :cheerleader:

:bam:

FYI - it was a guy driving. :P
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#7 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:23 PM

Saw a Texas Lexus (Ford F 150) with a gun rack, and an umbrella in the gun rack....the urbane redneck

Edited by Capn Jack, 11 April 2006 - 07:30 PM.

No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#8 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:03 PM

sometimes...things really do go your way...usually when you need it most
who's leading this parade anyway?

#9 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:04 PM

Why does almost everyone in the Houston/Galveston area that I tell I am going to a Bill Maher comedy show on Thursday night look at me like I'm performing a sexual act on Fidel Castro or Osama Bin Laden? I know this is a conservative place, but what is so weird about going to see a comedy act?

I won't look at you weird...I would ask if you have an extra ticket so I can :cheerleader:
who's leading this parade anyway?

#10 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:06 PM

How do they make gasless beans?

#11 jholley309

jholley309

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 11 April 2006 - 09:56 PM

In a few billion years, everything that we know now as modern civilization, along with all the advances our subsequent generations of offspring cook up, will all be nothing more than a gigantic cloud of dust, thousands of lightyears wide and gently flourescing from the radiation emitted by the dense, hot core of what used to be the Sun.

Kinda puts the Rat Race into perspective, doesn't it?

:cheerleader:

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#12 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:13 PM

Something seems inherently wrong for a Harley-Davidson sticker to be on a Dodge minivan....

I'm a little concerned about your fixation on mini vans(your wish in When the Devil thread) and now this.

#13 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:18 PM

just the minivans that drive slow and block my view! :lmao:

#14 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:21 PM

just the minivans that drive slow and block my view! :lmao:

Up here it's not just limited to mini vans....my pet peeve is people that drive at or below the speed limit in the passing lane.

#15 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:52 AM

Saw a Texas Lexus (Ford F 150) with a gun rack, and an umbrella in the gun rack....the urbane redneck

what would be worse would be then the guy in out neighbor hood who has a M40A3 in the gun rack but also has a big bertha driver below it (BTW the guy is SWAT, and not one i likely to mess with him as he is built like sniperdiver but around 5'6")

also

its not minivan thats bother me its the soccer mom driving SUVs that cant drive them to save there lives and then give me the finger when they run me off the road while there are driving, talking on the phone and putting on there make up while junior is throwing a fit in the back seat.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users