• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Random Take Tuesday!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#16 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:40 PM

Why is it when you don't watch TV very much, it never fails that you still always seem to catch the same re-run?
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#17 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving
  • Logged Dives:Thousands... (really!)

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:43 PM

Hey, even biker chics can be soccer moms nowadays... or is it the other way around now??? :birthday:

:birthday:

FYI - it was a guy driving. :birthday:

I figger'd as much, but couldn't resist an opportunity to sound "sexist"... :birthday:
"The most important thing is to never stop breathing"... ITB

Actually, the WORST day of diving is better than the BEST day at work... :)

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

#18 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:48 PM

Why is it when you don't watch TV very much, it never fails that you still always seem to catch the same re-run?

You been watching Seinfeld again? And again? And again?.... :birthday:

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:23 PM

Something seems inherently wrong for a Harley-Davidson sticker to be on a Dodge minivan....

Not really...after paying for the Harley...the Dodge may be all they can afford! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,624 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:25 PM

sometimes...things really do go your way...usually when you need it most

Yes even a rubber chicken gets lucky once in awhile too! Here's to being a new age rubber chicken!!! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#21 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:19 PM

You been watching Seinfeld again? And again? And again?.... :birthday:

Heck no! I cannot stand that completely predictable irritating show.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#22 Piz

Piz

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:?? 200+

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:52 PM

You been watching Seinfeld again? And again? And again?.... :cheerleader:

After all the other cool shows you manage to find you came within an inch of loosing ALL my respect.

#23 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:58 PM

You been watching Seinfeld again? And again? And again?.... :cheerleader:

After all the other cool shows you manage to find you came within an inch of loosing ALL my respect.

If she says she's watching "Deal or No Deal" - we'll launch the intervention squad to Portland.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#24 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:59 AM

You been watching Seinfeld again? And again? And again?.... :lmao:

Ha, ha... I never watched before it went to syndication... and found out quickly there are only about 30 episodes. :lmao:

A station here shows two episodes a night... and you really know it's bad when they are the same episode 2x on the same night! :lmao:

It might have been funnier when you had a week in between episodes to forget everything that happened the week before... and wouldn't realize how predictable it really is/was. :cheerleader:

:D

#25 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:01 PM

How do they make gasless beans?

Saw this today, and thought of you :wavey:

The secret behind gasless beans
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#26 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:58 PM

:wavey: And my favorite parts of the article:

"They identified two bacteria, Lactobacillus casei and Lactobacillus plantarum, which can be added to beans so they cause minimal distress to those who eat them"

GREAT! They'll be adding yummy BACTERIA to lessen the gas!

And,

"They fed the beans to rats and then analyzed the rats' droppings to ensure that the beans were digested and kept their nutritional value."

Sucks to be the Summer intern...

#27 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:35 PM

:diver: And my favorite parts of the article:

"They identified two bacteria, Lactobacillus casei and Lactobacillus plantarum, which can be added to beans so they cause minimal distress to those who eat them"

Sucks to be the Summer intern...

Ha, ha, ha...

And if I'm not wrong, that's the stuff that the yogurt people are pushing! Maybe you could just cook beans in yogurt... :wavey:

#28 jholley309

jholley309

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 28 April 2006 - 09:24 PM

MMMMM, Bacteria! :P

Personally, my favorite bacteria is Saccharomyces cerevisiae, or perhaps Saccharomyces uvarum. Of course, when introduced into an oxygen- and nutrient-rich environment with plenty of dextrose and other fermentable sugars, they actually produce carbon dioxide gas. Oh, yeah, and alcohol.

:)

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#29 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:21 PM

OK definitely random today - remember this....

Posted Image

#30 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:24 PM

I'm thinking X Files -

speaking of random thoughts, do you know the significance of Mulder's apartment number?
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users