• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Random Take Tuesday!

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#31 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:36 PM

Wikipedia, the Free online encyclopedia, gives a great listing of information regarding the number 42, including a whole list of pop culture references which does note that it was mulder's apartment number. Interestingly Star Terk's Trouble of Tribbles was episode #42...

BUt I do not know the specific significance of the number in reference to Mulder's apartment number.

(hey BradfordNC - you catching all this? :banghead: )
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#32 jholley309

jholley309

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:53 PM

Well, 42 is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything...is Chris Carter a Doug Adams fan?

:banghead:

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#33 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:53 PM

Wikipedia, the Free online encyclopedia, gives a great listing of information regarding the number 42, including a whole list of pop culture references which does note that it was mulder's apartment number. Interestingly Star Terk's Trouble of Tribbles was episode #42...

BUt I do not know the specific significance of the number in reference to Mulder's apartment number.

I'll have to look at the wikipedia....

The first time I saw it on his door, all I could think of was that it is the answer to the ultimate question, as postulated in the late Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy" - and I immediately found myself totally cracked up.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#34 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:18 PM

It's RANDOM Tuesday!!!! :wakawaka:

The Kids in the Hall skit, "I squish your head" still makes me laugh!!

Posted Image
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#35 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:07 PM

So I am the only random thought thinker here? Oh well!

So, how many of your out there remember SLEESTACKS!!!?? Don't ask me why, but I woke up the other day thinking about sleestacks....

"Run Holly run!"
Click here....:)

Posted Image

#36 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 02:32 PM

So, how many of your out there remember SLEESTACKS!!!?? Don't ask me why, but I woke up the other day thinking about sleestacks....

"Run Holly run!"
Click here....:cheerleader:

Posted Image

Are you referring to the Classic or the secondary season of Land of the Lost?

You DID know that there was more than one incarnation of the program, right?

PlatypusMan
... rearing to go to Roatan!

#37 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 02:39 PM

Why no I didn't! The stuff you learn on Random Tuesdays!! :cheerleader:

#38 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2006 - 03:15 PM

Why no I didn't! The stuff you learn on Random Tuesdays!! :cheerleader:

The Orginal was on from 1974--1977 on NBC Saturday Mornings. (I was in college then--Sparky has told me about the program.)

The Saturday morning videotaped series was created by the puppeteers Sid & Marty Krofft of Sigmund and the Sea Monsters fame. The series was later revived on ABC in 1991 with Timothy Bottoms as the father of two children trapped in a prehistoric land-- proof positive that even highly acclaimed and name actors on occasion need to pay the bills by taking any job they can.

Now what do I win?

PlatypusMan

#39 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 03:17 PM

Now what do I win?

You win the ability to outrun a sleestack!

#40 BlueDreamer

BlueDreamer

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 05:35 PM

PlatypusMan
... rearing to go to Roatan!

I remember the original. Don't forget about Chaka

Attached Images

• Chaka.jpg

#41 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 05:58 PM

Tag line for that image...What NOT to use as your avatar!

#42 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:42 PM

I have a Golden retriever and I was buying a large bag of Purina at Wal-Mart and was in line to check out.

A woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

On impulse, I told her no..........I was starting The Purina Diet again, although I probably shouldn't because I'd ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry and that the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again.

I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story, particularly a guy who was behind her.

Horrified, she asked if I'd ended up in the hospital in that condition because I had been poisoned.

I told her no; it was because I'd been sitting in the street scratching myself and a car hit me.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#43 CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:69

Posted 01 August 2006 - 07:59 PM

"Run Holly run!"
Click here....:banghead:

Posted Image

I was a sleestack for Halloween in kindergarten. I've got friends that still watch the classic series.

#44 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:15 AM

My mind is too fine tuned and logical to allow any random thoughts to enter it.

#45 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:29 AM

On impulse, I told her no..........I was starting The Purina Diet again,I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry and that the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again.

Horrified, she asked if I'd ended up in the hospital in that condition because I had been poisoned.

I told her no; it was because I'd been sitting in the street scratching myself and a car hit me.

Dry dog food is about as perfect a survival food as you can get...by weight it provides huge amounts of nutrients,keeps for a long time and you'll only eat enough to take the edge off your hunger(it will last longer than the good tasting foods)Learn't this from a bush pilot.
I guess you could of been doing worse than scratching yourself which would explain why you didn't hear the car approaching.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users