• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Where is Norm

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:40 PM

I'm a bit worried about Norm Blitch. Anyone seen him or heard from him?

#2 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:56 PM

I also have been wondering why we haven't heard from him. Is he traveling?
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#3 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:09 PM

I also have been wondering why we haven't heard from him.

He lives in Jacksonville - I have his address - we could send a snail mail - return receipt???
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#4 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 01:34 PM

I have his cell number but haven't gotten him in 4 days. Is anyone else in Jax who could look him up? I called his diving instructor today and got voice mail, so I'll try tonight.

-P

#5 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:08 PM

I think I spoke to him Thursday. Scratch that. Just got an email from him. He's been busy.

Edited by Fairybasslet, 18 April 2006 - 05:26 PM.

#6 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:30 PM

:birthday: I sent him an email too so he'll probably be bombarded with messages!

#7 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 18 April 2006 - 05:48 PM

:birthday: I sent him an email too so he'll probably be bombarded with messages!

But his was a reply to mine that I sent this morning before we knew he was missing. :birthday:

#8 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:50 PM

Ok, as long as he's alright

#9 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:58 PM

He did reply, and everything is ok. Like Ellen said, he's just been a little busy.

On the other hand...where've you been lately Perrone? I haven't seen a post from you in ages! We really do miss you on the board and hope you'll stick around some. :birthday:

#10 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:03 PM

Well, my mom had been sick, and recently passed away. So I've been away from diving and the boards for over a month now. I'm still pretty busy, but trying to regain some normalcy while I help my dad through this very hard time.

I'm going to resume my diving activities as best I can, at least for now. We'll see how everything goes. Thanks for thinking of me.

#11 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 09:39 PM

Well, my mom had been sick, and recently passed away. So I've been away from diving and the boards for over a month now. I'm still pretty busy, but trying to regain some normalcy while I help my dad through this very hard time.

I'm going to resume my diving activities as best I can, at least for now. We'll see how everything goes. Thanks for thinking of me.

Perrone, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Having mine still here I simply can't imagine what that must be like. You're right, your dad does need you now; but you also need to take care of yourself. Please let me know if there is anything I can do even if nothing more than share a smile. I'll keep you and your dad in my thoughts when I ask the stars in the sky for strength and blessings.

Edited by Twinklez, 18 April 2006 - 09:40 PM.

#12 madlobster

madlobster

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue diver

Posted 19 April 2006 - 04:54 PM

Been there done that Perrone, it's never easy and if your dad is like mine was he never paid a bill or wrote a check so it was an adventure for sure. My heart felt condolences for you and family. It takes time but you'll find your way back and your dad's been through alot, but he'll bounce back too. Be there often to start then ease back some...........good luck
"The thing about dreams is sometimes you get to live'em out"- Payne Stewart

#13 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:12 PM

Perrone,

I lost my Mom when I was 35 years old and I was very lucky to have alot of friends who had lost a parent; the only thing that really heals you is time, so take some time for yourself, help your Dad, and let us know if you need anything

Kim

#14 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:23 PM

Perrone - So sorry about your mom, my thoughts are with you and your dad. He is extremely fortunate to have you there to comfort and assist him.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#15 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:35 PM

I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom, Perrone. This past January, I lost my Dad, and my Mom is still alive, so our situation, although different, is also similar. I'm doing things to help my Mom around the house, much like you're doing with your Dad. My heartfelt condolences.

Rick
:P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users