• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Where is Norm

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:44 PM

Very sorry to hear of your loss.

#17 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:15 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom....

#18 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:29 PM

I am also very sorry to hear about your loss Perrone. I lost my grandfather last week and this has been hard enough. I can't imagine the grief I would feel losing one of my parents right now. My heart goes out to you.

#19 matts1w

matts1w

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:11 AM

I am so sorry for your loss, Perrone.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, and totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW! -- What a Ride!"

#20 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:55 PM

Perrone,

As others have already stated, I, too, am very sorry to read about your mother. I'm glad you and your father have each other to help get one another through this very difficult time.

#21 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 09:34 PM

Thanks everyone.

THe diving community has been very helpful for me. I got out today for a dive. First time in open water since January. Felt nice. Told dad I was going diving. His advice, "don't drown. I don't know WHY you chose THAT sport". LOL!!

#22 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 22 April 2006 - 09:59 PM

And a new picture too! I like it Perrone! :-)

#23 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 10:38 AM

Yes, a new picture to go with my new diving...

I updated the one on my profile as well, to a photo from my dive yesterday (4-22-06).

#24 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 05:40 PM

Yes, a new picture to go with my new diving...

I updated the one on my profile as well, to a photo from my dive yesterday (4-22-06).

Very cool! And I see that's a shorty you're wearing (nice legs!), so I'm assuming it's warm water where you've diving. I'm envious! I dove our quarry yesterday; surface temp was 67, with a thermocline at 20 ft of 57, and just below 40ft I hit 52 degrees. Brrrrr!!! My dive buddies were wearing 7mil farmer's so 14 mil on the torso. I had my usual 5mil wool-lined suit and did just fine. I'll dive the same quarry next week and the following. Hoping my instructor will be well enough for me to finish up my rescue skills next week. The following week is our shop's Season Opener (Diver's Day Out). No classes, just diving, good food and good friends. :-)

#25 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 23 April 2006 - 06:04 PM

Perrone, sorry to hear about your mom. I thought this thread was about Norm, and they had found him. Take care and glad you got to go diving.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#26 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:11 PM

Thank you nextariel. And thanks to everyone who had kind things to say.

Twinklez, I always wear the shortie. I did 3 dives at 56F in my shortie. But the water yesterday was about 70F I guess. So not bad at all. What was rare was me not wearing my hood!

#27 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:48 PM

Thank you nextariel. And thanks to everyone who had kind things to say.

Twinklez, I always wear the shortie. I did 3 dives at 56F in my shortie. But the water yesterday was about 70F I guess. So not bad at all. What was rare was me not wearing my hood!

I did my swim in 71 degrees in my swimsuit only. The water was cold, but after only a second or two in the water I never noticed it. At 70 degrees I seldom wear a hood or beanie. But yesterday knowing it would be much colder below the thermalcline I wore a beanie. To be honest, I think I get a lot of warmth from my hair...there's lots of it so it. I noticed while diving yesterday that when the long parts extending out of my beanie would brush against my face it was warm. So while others bundle their hair up, I tend to let mine flow in the water. Protects my ears from the hungry perchanas at the quarry as well. :teeth:

Edited by Twinklez, 23 April 2006 - 09:50 PM.

#28 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:12 AM

I have no hair to keep me warm! :teeth: So I wear a thick hood.

Just noticed my second dive on Saturday put me at 84ft max. Deepest I've been without my instructor. Didn't even notice other than the fact it came in a VERY dark cavern and I had no primary light. That was a bit strange. Funny how "close" things seem when you can't guage distances easily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users