• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How to start dating again

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 01 June 2004 - 08:07 AM

OOPS!! That's not what I meant!

Sure Walter, take what I said out of context and make me appear high maintenance! LOL

Okay what I meant was, I haven't developed the nerve to ask someone out. I try to be very considerate of anyone who does ask me out as I am cognizant of how difficult it is.
If it's clear that he wants to treat you, like "let me take you out to dinner and a movie" or "would you like to go see a movie? My treat!" then the plans of what you're doing that evening are set and he knows roughly what he'll be paying. If there is no implication of who is paying, I suggest offering up your part. Actually, I personally would still offer to pay some of it no matter what!! What I'm saying is I'm not expecting the tab to be picked up for me but what I think is acceptable for someone else, is if there is an implication of payment somewhere in the asking, to assume that the date is paying. (what I think is acceptable and what I actually do are different - how confusing is that!!)
If the plans are left open, like "let's decide what to do when we meet" where there is nothing set about what it's going to cost then I would most definitely expect and want to pay for some of it.
I can financially take care of myself and don't ever want to be a burden to, or have any expectations of, a date.

Clear as mud now????

DL
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#17 ScubaKim

ScubaKim

Getting started

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 01 June 2004 - 08:25 AM

I think you stole that question from me ScubaKim since I did ask YOU for suggestions for a date I was going on recently!! LOL

Well obviously my idea did not work, that is why I thought I would educate myself so that I can give better advice. And perhaps get a date myself one day.

#18 randy54

randy54

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 01 June 2004 - 08:31 AM

First thing I did was look at your profile--OOPS, nothing there.
You dive, try joining a dive club, or a club about some other interest you have, or several clubs. Talk about those things first, since they would be of common interest. Coffee shop dates are great for that. Quiet, w/out be too intimate , inexpensive, w/out being cheap, and if you meet there, it's easy for both to go your own way if things don't work, or a great starting place if thing do work. You can always come back and pick up an extra car later.
You may not be able to smell the roses underwater, but you can sea horses.

#19 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 08:31 AM

Well obviously my idea did not work, that is why I thought I would educate myself so that I can give better advice. And perhaps get a date myself one day.

Technically we don't know if it worked or not since he cancelled on me. :banghead: (Unless he had telepathically picked up on the idea and was running from me in sheer terror!!) So, it might still be an awesome idea - with the right date that is!!

DL

#20 Sophia

Sophia

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced and Rebreather
  • Logged Dives:100?

Posted 01 June 2004 - 08:42 AM

So DiverLady and ScubaKim,
What's this great idea y'll are talking about? I can always use a good idea.
ScubaKim, looks like you started a good topic.

#21 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:00 AM

What's this great idea y'll are talking about?  I can always use a good idea. 
ScubaKim,  looks like you started a good topic.

I'll have to confer with ScubaKim before telling the "activity". It's actually a goofy fun thing to do hence the "with the right date" comment. I'd hate to have the idea shot down so publicly!! :banghead: I'm sure the guys will think it's completely lame!

You have to understand that there's not a lot to do where we live. Pretty much there are restaurants and movie theatres and that's about it!! Trying to find something fun and interesting locally is difficult. Going into the city would be the alternative and I personally spend enough time in Toronto (I work there), I don't want to spend my down-time there too!!

Diverlady

#22 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:00 AM

What's this great idea y'll are talking about?

I gotta admit, they have my interest aroused as well.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#23 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:03 AM

What's this great idea y'll are talking about?

I gotta admit, they have my interest aroused as well.

Actually, Walter, we did a version of it when we were in Orlando just over a week ago. I had a riot!! I'm so bad at it, it's just ridiculous!!

DL

#24 canuckdiver

canuckdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Cert Level:Decompression procedures
  • Logged Dives:>120

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:07 AM

What's this great idea y'll are talking about?  I can always use a good idea. 
ScubaKim,  looks like you started a good topic.

I'll have to confer with ScubaKim before telling the "activity". It's actually a goofy fun thing to do hence the "with the right date" comment. I'd hate to have the idea shot down so publicly!! :banghead: I'm sure the guys will think it's completely lame!

You have to understand that there's not a lot to do where we live. Pretty much there are restaurants and movie theatres and that's about it!! Trying to find something fun and interesting locally is difficult. Going into the city would be the alternative and I personally spend enough time in Toronto (I work there), I don't want to spend my down-time there too!!

Diverlady

LOL, now *I* want in on this as well!!!
"what works, works" - shek exley

"the WW Approved 'Unofficial' guardian angel"

#25 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:19 AM

LOL, now *I* want in on this as well!!!

You'd have to drive to either Nepean or Whitby Canuckdiver. There isn't one closer to you that I'm aware of.

DL

#26 CuriousMe

CuriousMe

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180+

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:20 AM

Taking a wild guess from the clues Diverlady inadvertently gave, I would say mini-golf or bowling :banghead:

Peace,
Cathie
"Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic
But I had a good life all the way."

He Went to Paris, Jimmy Buffett

DeColores

#27 ScubaKim

ScubaKim

Getting started

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:21 AM

Ok, it not like this is original, or dirty, it is just a way to determine how fun a person can be. I am talking glow in the dark . . . . . Mini Golf.

When ScubaRob, DiverLady and I went in Orlando we had a blast. There was definetly no skill required and we were all able to laugh at eachother and just have fun. :banghead:

So guys do you think this is bad?

#28 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:33 AM

Actually, I think that it is a great idea. I would do it anytime, except I wouldn't offer up front as I like to sound a little more adult and serious than that.

Personally, I would rather take my dates diving! Gee, anyone figure out my prime area of interest, LOL.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#29 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:36 AM

Actually, I think that it is a great idea. I would do it anytime, except I wouldn't offer up front as I like to sound a little more adult and serious than that.

Personally, I would rather take my dates diving! Gee, anyone figure out my prime area of interest, LOL.

Well going diving wasn't an option for my date. Non-diver!! (serious negative points on that I might add!!)

I didn't mention my suggestion of what to do. I figured I'd wait to gauge his mood etc. before springing it on him. Plus, it would be harder for him to get away when we're face to face as opposed to "on the phone". But alas, he scrubbed the date so it's a moot point anyway.

#30 triggerfish

triggerfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:37 AM

ohmygod! that sounds like a RIOT!!!!!

i wonder if there's one around here....

hey brian...i think you just like to get your dates into that vicky's secret dive wear we're designing :banghead: !!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users