• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2007 Destinations?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:56 PM

oh............that makes sense! :diver: thanks Jill! (hair color NOT out of bottle) ;)
Known puker

#17 Seahorsewrangler

Seahorsewrangler

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW - NITROX
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:49 PM

2007 Prelim Schedule:

f. or more self-led SD trips where members decide to go to say Bonaire and we get them SD Special Pricing for Bonaire but unless the group exceeds 10 members it is not an SD led trip
g. or more Diving Pkg Specials where we offer great prices on dive trips and members find a dive buddy on the site (or two) to go?

So if someone opted for either of these options then how would you recommend going about it. (staying with the Bonaire example). I have a group of 8 that will go - do we contact the SD Travel Team then?
and if word gets out and we have maybe 11 that will go then how does is it become a SD led trip? or does it?
Just curious.
AKA Cap'n Sam Roughknuckles The Bernese mountain dog

#18 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:21 PM

Still have my mind set on the Red Sea, South Africa or other African dive site; the Galapagos, Venezuela, Brazil or other South American site.

#19 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:53 AM

Just need to know possible dates and dollars.....and for Q107, January is never the best time..

#20 sqzmee

sqzmee

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Cert Level:OW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:275

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:05 AM

I think 1Q07 means first quarter of 2007 (sometime between Jan-Mar)

Thanks for deciphering that! I had no clue either. And my blonde IS from a bottle......: )

Any possibility of Truk rather than Palau?
(no complaints, just asking!)

(still haven't figured out how to use cartoon dudes, maybe I am more Homer Simpson than blonde......doh!)

#21 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:51 AM

I think 1Q07 means first quarter of 2007 (sometime between Jan-Mar)

Thanks for deciphering that! I had no clue either. And my blonde IS from a bottle......: )

Any possibility of Truk rather than Palau?
(no complaints, just asking!)

(still haven't figured out how to use cartoon dudes, maybe I am more Homer Simpson than blonde......doh!)

Not getting on a soapbox here....Why Truk over Palau?...Truk has a hundred merchant wrecks...and not much other diving....The Island has a lot of petty crime and is a dump.

Palau has 4 wrecks within minutes from PalauDive...and more out and around in the area.... of the 7 underwater wonders world Palau is number 1....simply is the finest diving in the world if not the best!...I cannot find anything better yet...you can read my 04, 05 and 06 reports on the board...That is why I go every year....March 2007 :welcome: :taz: :taz:
You must endeavor to pursue!

#22 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:49 PM

Seems from the poll that was done, in addition to those trips already mentioned, the Red Sea was popular as well as the Caymans.

However, if we've opened this back up, I'll put in another plug for the Southern Ryukyu's - Okinawa, Ishagaki, and Yonaguni. Its a long (and expensive) plane ride to Oki, but once you get there, its only an hour or so from island to island. The diving on Oki can rival just about anywhere in the S Pacific. Sorry Scott, not a lot of "BIG" stuff, (although they used to have a whale shark in captivity - but I could never bring myself to support that) but Nemo's and turtles and cuddlefish - and a hour or so boat ride to the Karama's are awsome fan corals.

Ishagaki is know for Manta's in April and October and Yonaguni - which I never made it to - is known for schooling hammerheads in Oct plus they have the sunken momuments - its still a debate whether they are manmade or natural.

Getting there would be $$$$, but once there, the diving, lodging, food, ect are probably about what you find anywhere - a little higher in Oki than the other two islands.
"

#23 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 05:58 PM

Ishagaki is know for Manta's in April and October and Yonaguni - which I never made it to - is known for schooling hammerheads in Oct plus they have the sunken momuments - its still a debate whether they are manmade or natural.

I watched a special on A&E about Ishagaki ...they talked about the Hammerheads....In the hour show they showed the Momuments...did not see many fish were hanging about....They said the currents can be very strong and Cool...It was a great special.

#24 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:05 PM

I watched a special on A&E about Ishagaki ...they talked about the Hammerheads....In the hour show they showed the Momuments...did not see many fish were hanging about....They said the currents can be very strong and Cool...It was a great special.

Yes, I've also heard the currents around the momunents can be wicked! I've seen pictures from people who went there and there were hammerheads everywhere - almost overwhelming just looking at the pics!
"

#25 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:51 PM

I have to ask again.....any news on the trips for 2007?

#26 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 24 June 2006 - 09:44 AM

Well I'm going to Raja Ampat Islands in Feb of 07 does that count?

#27 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:42 PM

Well I'm going to Raja Ampat Islands in Feb of 07 does that count?

Chuck,

Talked to a lady today who has a liveaboard that does the Raja Ampat area at the LB scubashow. She single rooms on her boat.....it is a 8-9 day trip....wow... looks world class diving.....I may do this!

Edited by Travelnsj, 24 June 2006 - 07:44 PM.

#28 born2dive67

born2dive67

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Cert Level:open water, deep water, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:14 mostly class dives with 3 fun dives

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:43 PM

I would so love to know the dates for the proposed Cebu Philipines. I kinda need to know probably by Late aug early sept so I can see if I can set those dates for R&R with the Army :D otherwise my hopes will look like this :cool1:

#29 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 07:48 PM

I would so love to know the dates for the proposed Cebu Philipines. I kinda need to know probably by Late aug early sept so I can see if I can set those dates for R&R with the Army :D otherwise my hopes will look like this :cool1:

I am planning Cebu in Sept 2007....hopefully...SD will follow.

#30 born2dive67

born2dive67

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Cert Level:open water, deep water, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:14 mostly class dives with 3 fun dives

Posted 24 June 2006 - 08:12 PM

I am planning Cebu in Sept 2007....hopefully...SD will follow.

ok my bad I didnt specify, I would need to know by late aug early sept 2006 and I will be heading home around Aug 2007, basically meaning not sure if I can afford after then

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users