• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2007 Destinations?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 chinacat46

chinacat46

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 25 June 2006 - 09:38 AM

I have to ask again.....any news on the trips for 2007?

Well I'm going to Raja Ampat Islands in Feb of 07 does that count?

Chuck,

Talked to a lady today who has a liveaboard that does the Raja Ampat area at the LB scubashow. She single rooms on her boat.....it is a 8-9 day trip....wow... looks world class diving.....I may do this!

Scott,

I've been looking at two liveaboards in that area. I think you might be talking about the Voyager run by Karau Dive Voyages. I know they have single rooms. I'm also looking at Adventure Komodo which is a smaller boat and less divers. Right now I'm leaning towards the latter for a 10 day trip over my birthday. This area is the bees knees of diving. If you don't like diving in this area you may as well sell your gear and find another activity.

#32 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 10:14 AM

LOL...LOL....So if you do not like the diving in this area...GET OUT OF DIVING!!!...LOL...LOL...Chuck...you are too funny.

The Liveaboard is the S.M.Y. Ondina...It looks like a Windjammer...I'll send you the info.

Edited by Travelnsj, 27 June 2006 - 10:51 PM.

You must endeavor to pursue!

#33 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 26 June 2006 - 07:10 AM

Maybe you two should be planning our 2007 schedule....at least you are planning ahead

#34 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:56 AM

Maybe you two should be planning our 2007 schedule....at least you are planning ahead

It's not that we aren't planning ahead...we had orginally planned on Australia for August/September 2007...however, on Scott's recommendation, we've been working on moving that trip to December instead

we are also planning on Palau in March, NC Wrecks for 4th of July, we may do Roatan again for Singles Week; we are also looking at Wakatobi next year plus a maybe return trip to Holbox/Cozumel in July

2007 will be a Grand year!

#35 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 05:32 PM

Kim,

Thanks for the information. I'm interested in several of these trips and for most of these do need advance planning for days and dollars. I look forward to seeing what you and Kamala come up with.

2007 will be Grand.....I so expect to hear you say Central with that!

#36 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:07 PM

Kim,

Thanks for the information. I'm interested in several of these trips and for most of these do need advance planning for days and dollars. I look forward to seeing what you and Kamala come up with.

2007 will be Grand.....I so expect to hear you say Central with that!

No problem!!

And the only way it would be Central as well is if I lived at one of our dive destinations!

Of course, I'm thinking of taking up donations to the "finGrabber needs to live near blue water" fund!

And I understand the need for as much advance notice as possible especially if you're using frequent flyer miles since airlines restrict the number of seats for their travel programs

#37 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:41 AM

Are going to Cozumel for the New years again??? It will be my third trip for the new years or right after..
Most of my travel has to be befroe April and after Sept. to be at the Shop for the busy season, to make money to go Diving...I know we probally will not know any thing till after DEMA show... :respect:

#38 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 02:55 PM

Scott,
This area is the bees knees of diving. If you don't like diving in this area you may as well sell your gear and find another activity.

What's so special about the diving?

#39 Tmoore74

Tmoore74

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:65

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:51 PM

Guess this would be the right place to announce that I would like a two week vacation in Bon Aire around February 22, 07. Be the best birthday present I ever gave myself. :) Anyone wanna join me?

#40 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:24 PM

Scott,
This area is the bees knees of diving. If you don't like diving in this area you may as well sell your gear and find another activity.

What's so special about the diving?

:cool2: From the research I have done…it is the diversity. But it can be on a 7 to 12 day liveaboards…not for me. You will see very large schools of Jacks, Tuna etc…They say the variety of marine life can be staggering...Lots of Macro...incredible corals…a few Mantas and some Pelagics….I looked at Irian Jaya area and doing a land based operation….That particular area has more of the big stuff. Chinacat has a trip planned next year to Raja Ampat Islands on a liveaboard he has done more research than I…Irian Jaya is on my list for late 2007 or sometime in 2008.
You must endeavor to pursue!

#41 scubagalpal

scubagalpal

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2500 +

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:24 AM

It's not that we aren't planning ahead...we had orginally planned on Australia for August/September 2007...however, on Scott's recommendation, we've been working on moving that trip to December instead

we are also planning on Palau in March, NC Wrecks for 4th of July, we may do Roatan again for Singles Week; we are also looking at Wakatobi next year plus a maybe return trip to Holbox/Cozumel in July

2007 will be a Grand year!

I'm just now reading some of these slightly dated threads - I'm somewhat new to the group here. Is there a link or another update to available 2007 trips now tht we;re closer to year's end?

#42 Going Postal

Going Postal

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1000

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:32 PM

I'm just now reading some of these slightly dated threads - I'm somewhat new to the group here. Is there a link or another update to available 2007 trips now tht we;re closer to year's end?

http://www.singlediv...p?showforum=173

Hope that helps.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow - What a ride!'"

#43 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:45 PM

We have an interactive 2007 Summary Trip Calendar in draft. It will be posted shortly!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#44 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 12:34 PM

I'm gone a week and look at all the trip postings!!!

Wow, now the hard part, figuring out which and how many I can go on. They all sound great!!

#45 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 November 2006 - 01:00 PM

I'm gone a week and look at all the trip postings!!!

Wow, now the hard part, figuring out which and how many I can go on. They all sound great!!

HEE!!HEE!!! DEMA the trade show for the diving industry was an entire month late this year so it caused me to be late in my trip offerings. Most vendors won't release their specials UNTIL DEMA as they want you to go to thier booth. At several thousand dollars a booth I can see why they want you to come in person!

Now to fill out the details and let you all start booking! I've put out over $30,000 in deposits this past week so its time to start filling our trips!

Thank you Carla and everyone for being so patient! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users