• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

1 spot left!! (10 women 7 men) Dec 4-11 2007 Australia!!

• Please log in to reply
914 replies to this topic

#61 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:34 AM

Did it say alcohol drinks were included, WOO HOO! I don't know how yet, but I'm in!
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#62 Travelgal

Travelgal

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:30 PM

Kamala I am very interested in this trip as well! Put me on the definitely planning to go list! Will be anxious to know dates so I can check into FF Miles as well....... Also interested in extended on land! This should be an awsome trip! Will be watching for more details to include all costs....with group air etc.
Travelgal

Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#63 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:30 PM

:thankyou: I am lucky that I have met Steven here in Timor....He is an instructor and took groups to the Youngla out of Townsville. He said that is a 2 and 1/2 hour trip....But if we go out of Arilie Beach it is a 40 minute ride.....We had a boat ride yesterday that was rough...and he said on a good day the Youngla is like that.....looks like the altantic off morehead city for NC wreck diving...he said one day is good enough...but one of the best wreck dives in the world .....my final day diving...looking for small stuff.
You must endeavor to pursue!

#64 Going Postal

Going Postal

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1000

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:20 PM

Count me in. Even though I shouldn't take any time off between Thanksgiving and X-mas.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow - What a ride!'"

#65 Boatlawyer

Boatlawyer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:50 PM

Count me in. How can I resist celebrating my birthday in Australia!

#66 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:36 AM

Hello. This is my first post. YES, I want to come too!

Boatlawyer ... I will also be celebrating my birthday. Two Saggitarians!

#67 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:24 AM

Ladies and Gents!

GOOD NEWS!!! We expect to have an airfare contract set up soon! I will be posting the details of it as soon as I can finalize the air, the add on dates etc.

Once this is set up we'll also know how many seats will be available for miles and how many will be available under air contract since the liveaboard only offers a limited number of spots. However to dive such a pristine schedule you would not want a crowded boat of divers...EVEN if they were all SD members.

I will keep you posted and the good news is that we expect to have an air contract set up soon! -ww

p.s. Thanks Scott for the update on the day trips...you are the best! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#68 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:28 AM

Hello. This is my first post. YES, I want to come too!

Boatlawyer ... I will also be celebrating my birthday. Two Saggitarians!

Welcome Cat Fish to SingleDivers.com! Please also post an intro here so that we can get to know you better!

Again welcome to SingleDivers.com and we look forward to meeting you on a trip soon! Kamala aka Wreck Wench

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#69 nurseshark

nurseshark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW,Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 27 September 2006 - 04:55 PM

Ladies and Gents!

GOOD NEWS!!! We expect to have an airfare contract set up soon! I will be posting the details of it as soon as I can finalize the air, the add on dates etc.

Once this is set up we'll also know how many seats will be available for miles and how many will be available under air contract since the liveaboard only offers a limited number of spots. However to dive such a pristine schedule you would not want a crowded boat of divers...EVEN if they were all SD members.

I will keep you posted and the good news is that we expect to have an air contract set up soon! -ww

p.s. Thanks Scott for the update on the day trips...you are the best! -ww

Great Kamala , I can hardly wait to hear the news and when we can send in a deposit to secure our spots!! I will be interested in joining in on the airfare group contract rate . Even though this trip is over a year away, its going to be awesone!

Karen

#70 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 05:51 PM

I am wrong about Airlie Beach it is a place called Eir or something like that I am waiting for details from steve who used to DM there....the dive op will save us an hour to the youngla....In singapore gotta run
You must endeavor to pursue!

#71 Big O

Big O

Meeting folks

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:33 PM

Hey Kamala,

I've made a comment or two about this trip, but I don't think I've told you to add me to the list.

So, Add me to the list please!

Dave !
UH-HUH

#72 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,621 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 09:01 PM

I am thrilled that so many people are excited about this trip! We will open it up to our premier members first as one of the perks of being a premieir member...first booking of hot trips! And this one will be VERY HOT!!! :wavey:

formerly...

#73 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:59 AM

SWMBO has spoken, and I have, as always, listened intently.

Good news, she says I can go.

Better news, she says she is coming too, for the land portion.

Best news, she has a schedule that makes sense for us, and, since she has yet to wrong about anything, ever, I felt compelled to share with the rest so you can have the same level of enlightenment.

She has traveled overseas before, and is most comfortable when we're together. Since she won't be on the liveaboard, she will be making one leg of the trip alone. The easiest logistical part is going home, so we will be coming to Oz for a land tour ahead of the diving.

The best windows for travel to allow some touring before the trip are Saturday 11/18, Thanksgiving day and the day following 11/22-23)

We plan to leave the US most likely on the Saturday before Thanksgiving

That will have us in Oz on Monday. Low key sight-seeing/acclimatization for two days. Almost two full weeks of travel seeing a few of the many sights. If we wait until Thanksgiving, we will only have a week.

SO, if you want to plan some group land adventures beyond a day in the rainforest, we vote for pre-dive.

The other negative on hanging around post-dive, is we start running into the US winter holiday travel season.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#74 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:23 PM

Capn Jack

That plan would sound good. what tours and such would you be looking to do. Then what would be the additional cost for those 2 weeks around austrailia?

sounds like a good idea to me, just would need to know more ofthe details. I would like to see alittle of sydney myself (opera house) and then alittle of the outback.

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#75 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:44 PM

That plan would sound good. what tours and such would you be looking to do. Then what would be the additional cost for those 2 weeks around austrailia?

sounds like a good idea to me, just would need to know more ofthe details. I would like to see alittle of sydney myself (opera house) and then alittle of the outback.

Tooth

No firm plan, probably hang around wherever we land for the transition day or two, then go on from there. I reckon 150-200 / day depending on what you do, and of course, there's two of us. Maybe a quick drive across to Perth and back....
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users