• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

1 spot left!! (10 women 7 men) Dec 4-11 2007 Australia!!

• Please log in to reply
914 replies to this topic

#91 Jenn

Jenn

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:40 PM

Very very interested in going keep me up to date on when the dposite will be due anda ir fare and all the jazz !!!!

#92 Jenn

Jenn

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 06:23 PM

Ok, so I'm in on going for sure!! Any news yet on the airfare and land tours? I'm soooo excited!

#93 CanuckIceDiver

CanuckIceDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced open water..Ice,Wreck,Deep(125ft)photography diving
  • Logged Dives:approx...100-140...none lately!!!

Posted 17 December 2006 - 03:34 PM

Just signed up and found a glorious trip going to Australia next Dec. :D Whatever happens sign me up and consider the holiday's booked.Both the kids in university,it's my xmas gift.......good day mate :cool2:

#94 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Board Status:-
  • Cert Level:OW, Drysuit, Underwater Naturalist
  • Logged Dives:16 (pretty hard to dive where there's no water...)

Posted 17 December 2006 - 06:21 PM

Just signed up and found a glorious trip going to Australia next Dec. :D Whatever happens sign me up and consider the holiday's booked.Both the kids in university,it's my xmas gift.......good day mate :cool2:

It's G'day or Gidday mate.... :birthday:

Edited by blacklatexozdiver, 17 December 2006 - 06:21 PM.

"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#95 CanuckIceDiver

CanuckIceDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced open water..Ice,Wreck,Deep(125ft)photography diving
  • Logged Dives:approx...100-140...none lately!!!

Posted 17 December 2006 - 06:29 PM

Just signed up and found a glorious trip going to Australia next Dec. :birthday: Whatever happens sign me up and consider the holiday's booked.Both the kids in university,it's my xmas gift.......good day mate :cool2:

It's G'day or Gidday mate.... :birthday:

Ya G'day mate to you. Gotta pick up some Aussie lingo.EH! Looking forward to seeing your country..Heard it's a fantastic place up at The Great Barrier reef diving. G'day mate :D

#96 FlyingFish

FlyingFish

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW y Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:60

Posted 17 December 2006 - 07:42 PM

Hey...I finally crawed out of the wood work. Yep...all you had to say was Down Under. Just put myself in for vacation at that time....if i get it...I'm there. Sounds like we need 2 boats. I going to need some time in Sydney....not traveling to the other end of the earth and not have a pint on Kings Cross. Also, Kamala, I'll probably try to do the airfare on my own...so if you can workout an ala carte form of the trip...great.

Stew aka FlyingFish :cool2:

#97 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:00 AM

Just signed up and found a glorious trip going to Australia next Dec. :cool1: Whatever happens sign me up and consider the holiday's booked.Both the kids in university,it's my xmas gift.......good day mate :cheerleader:

It's G'day or Gidday mate.... :2cool:

Ya G'day mate to you. Gotta pick up some Aussie lingo.EH! Looking forward to seeing your country..Heard it's a fantastic place up at The Great Barrier reef diving. G'day mate :wakawaka:

It certainly is... but it's not the only place to dive in Oz. You'll need to plan another trip just for Ningaloo Reef. :dance:
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#98 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 09:22 AM

Check out this Wikipedia link before you come down to Oz. It might save you some embarrassment if you don't know the lingo.

SD's Aussie Connection.

#99 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:12 PM

My favorite is "two beers"
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#100 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,706 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:48 PM

Yes it seems we could use two boats. But alas the reason this one is so cool is that it holds only 14. We will have a limited number that can do air on their own. The balance will need to be on the contract in order for it to be reasonable for the rest of us not so lucky to do our own thing or miles.

As for other options...we are doing the Philipines in Sept and it will be as fantastic as Australia! Plus if everyone wants...we can run Australia again in 2008 for those who didn't make it in 2007.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#101 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox

Posted 28 December 2006 - 05:40 PM

Hello all :unsure: I am new to the group and this posting thing, but am very interested in the Australia trip. I wasn't a diver when I went over there before and am very anxious to go back. Exactly how does this work, reserving space, payment, etc? Also, I am interested in doing events in my hometown of West Palm, FL so if someone wants to fill me in on how all this works I am very eager to get diving! :banghead:

#102 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,706 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:17 PM

Hello all :unsure: I am new to the group and this posting thing, but am very interested in the Australia trip. I wasn't a diver when I went over there before and am very anxious to go back. Exactly how does this work, reserving space, payment, etc? Also, I am interested in doing events in my hometown of West Palm, FL so if someone wants to fill me in on how all this works I am very eager to get diving! :banghead:

Cool and Welcome! I see you also posted an intro so I'll reply there as well!

As for posting and signing up...I am working with the airlines on a group fare to Australia for this trip. The airline system will not let you set up a contract over a year out. Shortly into the new year we'll be able to lock the fare down for this trip. Once that is done we'll open the trip up for deposits. The trip description will include a section like this:

How to Book a Spot on this Trip:

1. Post in this thread that you plan to join us and your check or payment is in the mail or on it's way. We'll then put your name on the 'check's in the mail' list. (Please send your pymt asap as we'll only hold your spot for 7 days.)
2. Fill out the Trip Rooming & Diving Survey plus the SingleDivers.com Medical Liability Release which you'll find under "Stuff you need to know for ALL SingleDivers.com trips & activities!" or click here to link to it. (Send a PM or an email to fingrabber@singledivers.com for the password.)
3. Send your deposit for the trip and/or monies due based upon the payment schedule posted below and payment options. If you need to make special arrangements about payments with me please contact me and I'll gladly work with you. See below for our credit card authorization form.
4. If we need to know what time you are arriving, if you need rental gear, if driving or flying or how much lead you need, you MUST include this with your initial reservation.

It will also include how to pay for your trip/deposit, payment schedule etc.

As for getting things going locally! That is easy too! Just send me an email to kamala@singledivers.com along with your phone number and good time to reach you and I'll call you to talk about it. :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#103 Jenn

Jenn

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:14 PM

So..... any word yet on the air package and land tour deals? :welcome:

#104 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,706 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:46 AM

The trip of the year...and the last trip this year...

Australia with a day in New Zealand in a customized intinerary that YOU create! So sign up now for contract pricing in our first ever Australian 'Ala Carte' Dream Vactaion!

This trip is now open for booking. To book a spot you must specify if you want a quad or a double. The trip platform includes the Explorer Venture's Liveaboard, at least two days in Cairns (a day more if routing via Air New Zealand as well as a day in New Zealand enroute to Australia).

You can get contract pricing with delayed payments on your flight without having to have 10 pax to qualify. However all tours need to be booked via SingleDivers.com, you can extend the hotel for extra days and you can choose when you want to fly into Australia and when you want to fly out.

The group flight (purely optional) will be Air NewZealand departing Nov 30th and arriving in Australia Dec 1st returning to LAX Dec 12th. This is our 'value based package offering' which combined with the quad occupancy, an extra night of hotel and a few day tours is the most economical offering you can create.

If most people want double occupancy then we'll have 4 quads and 10 d/o for a total of 14 people. If more people want quads then doubles we can go to 8 quads and 8 doubles or if everyone wants quads...they we can go up 12 quads and 6 doubles.

So when you book this trip...we must know if you want a double or a quad! ;)

:lmao:

Note: I will have access in San Juan tomorrow to answer questions and Fingrabber will handle any replies if she can while I'm gone. I will be back late Feb 18th. Until then...

formerly...

#105 Big O

Big O

Meeting folks

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:10 AM

[ :cheerleader:

Im In, I want either a quad or a double. Either way, Im in.

Where do I send my deposit, and for how much?

Dave
UH-HUH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users