• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Fantasy Begins! Sept 2-9, 2006

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#76 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Board Status:Always on the go
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+ logged

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:56 PM

Well should I have to say mine was the night dive with the FI's (inside joke), or the night dive we got lost and had to swim back to the boat in 4 ft. swells....hmmmmm....I'm sure fingrabber and OHdiver enjoyed that last dive and swim with me. :lmao:

In all seriousness my favorite dive was the shark dive. I felt totally at peace diving with the sharks, like most of the people on Little Dan said "I must have gills behind my hair on my neck" thats because I didn't suck so much air.

My most favorite was the shark dive, too. My little video clips from my camera have amazed all the landlubbers here at work. If we can't count the shark dive, I'd have to say the very last dive (was that gold chain reef?) of the trip on Little Andreu was the best of all from the time we jumped into the water and saw the little shark to the jog on the sand I took at 25 feet, to the underwater toys and extracurricular activities right before our safety stop until we got back to the dock with pirate flag in hand! :P
Right guys?

Yeah, that last dive was certainly most memorable, the 4 foot reef shark at the beginning of the dive was a reel treat for me too, even after our shark dive the day before. And since we spent most of the dive in shallower water the temp was great! And I believe the entire dive was pretty effortless…

I enjoyed the sandy patch too, though I didn’t take my fins off to go jogging 25ft underwater. I just hovered as close as I could to the bottom and practiced “not silting” and used my lungs to ascend up from the bottom without moving my legs or arms. Then I rolled over & laid in the sand, watched my bubbles ascent for a minute or two…but the underwater torpedoes were GREAT Blade!

And I can not forget to mention how much fun I had jumping back into the ocean to swim to “Little Dan” the boat, to loot it of the flag. Good fun :D
:fish2: Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

#77 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:20 AM

I had a great time. It was great for a first dive vacation between Maddam Wench and Mark (the dm) babysitting I felt really at ease in the ocean for the first time... And the wench got my ocean virginty :D

Hee Hee!!! Is that what they are calling it these days!!! :lmao:

Didn't seem like uh...babysitting to me...except for the fact that you are quite a bit younger than me...oh wait...that is TRENDY these days! :P

As for that 'ocean virginity'...you couldn't have lost it with a better wench...well...maybe one or two but I beat them all fair and square...afterall...

I am the ORIGINAL WENCH!!!! :lmao:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#78 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:21 AM

And I can not forget to mention how much fun I had jumping back into the ocean to swim to “Little Dan” the boat, to loot it of the flag. Good fun :D

Good thing you weren't in that pirate costume...Lord knows the crew of the pirated ship would have NEVER let you go!

And speaking of which my dear!!! GREAT NEW AVATAR!!! -ww :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#79 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:29 AM

Oh yeah, there was a whole lot of playing and underwater kissing going on those last few minutes. Fun dive. :lmao:

Sssshhhh!! I think it was contained to our boat...I don't think this volitile epedemic spread much beyond a few tormented or was that twisted? souls. I am hoping this is the case as it could be seriously misunderstood and those afflicted could be affected for life. OTOH...those not afflicted could equally be affected for life... :P

But no worries...we are working to contain this virus in its earliest stages so that all divers will be safe and protected!!! In fact we've been working on a anti-dote in case of delayed and ongoing reactions :D

formerly...

#80 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:42 AM

Didn't seem like uh...babysitting to me...except for the fact that you are quite a bit younger than me...oh wait...that is TRENDY these days! :P

I'm younger then you are? Are you sure you are only 25 right?
I put my right foot in, I put my left foot out, I do the aikipokey and throw you all about :D

#81 CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:69

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:51 PM

For any of you that were wondering (like me) the "rabbits" that we were seeing all around the resort are in actuality called Roatan Island Agouti Dasyprocta ruitanica and are an endangered species!

Rat_Pig_2.jpg

#82 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 11:26 PM

For any of you that were wondering (like me) the "rabbits" that we were seeing all around the resort are in actuality called Roatan Island Agouti Dasyprocta ruitanica and are an endangered species!

Rat_Pig_2.jpg

Well I named them "pigmeRats" and several other people have adopted that name for them as well. I've been so busy doing nothing I didn't get a chance to research what they are...thanks Kelly. :diver:

#83 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:38 AM

Rat_Pig_2.jpg

For being an endangered species, they sure had an abundance of them crawling around!

#84 CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:69

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:49 PM

Rat_Pig_2.jpg

For being an endangered species, they sure had an abundance of them crawling around!

I think they were mainly endangered because they are endemic to Roatan. Plus the locals consider them a delicacy :fish: :o

The agouti found on the mainland is apparently a much larger animal. The population confined on Roatan has gotten smaller over time due to isolation. Apparently this is called island dwarfism.

Wow, the things you learn cause you don't have a job and you're still getting over whatever stowaway bugs you brought back from a tropical vacation. :diver:

#85 sandiegocarol

sandiegocarol

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:59 PM

Rat_Pig_2.jpg

I think they were mainly endangered because they are endemic to Roatan. Plus the locals consider them a delicacy :o :cool1:

The agouti found on the mainland is apparently a much larger animal. The population confined on Roatan has gotten smaller over time due to isolation. Apparently this is called island dwarfism.

Wow, the things you learn cause you don't have a job and you're still getting over whatever stowaway bugs you brought back from a tropical vacation. :diver:

So that's what was in those burgers! :fish:

#86 kittydiverChris

kittydiverChris

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (2006), Nitrox (2005)
  • Logged Dives:204

Posted 17 September 2006 - 06:05 PM

Wow, the things you learn cause you don't have a job and you're still getting over whatever stowaway bugs you brought back from a tropical vacation. :cool2:

Stowaway bugs,
Lets just say, I am still sick and have to take a sample to the lab for testing. Parasites I think. Yuck Yuck Yuck.

#87 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2006 - 06:24 PM

Wow, the things you learn cause you don't have a job and you're still getting over whatever stowaway bugs you brought back from a tropical vacation. :cool2:

Stowaway bugs,
Lets just say, I am still sick and have to take a sample to the lab for testing. Parasites I think. Yuck Yuck Yuck.

Interesting. I seem to have given a pass to all the problems others are reporting here; wonder if it had anything to do with the chloroquine that I was taking for malarial prophylaxis?

I remember a message on the Fantasy Island web site from a previous guest who cautions strongly against using the local water supply for doing something as simple as brushing your teeth -- seems that in his group, quite a few of them began becoming ill and that was the common denominator.

PlatypusMan.
... who didn't have to worry about his work, because they saved all of it for him...

Edited by PlatypusMan, 18 September 2006 - 05:14 AM.

#88 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 17 September 2006 - 06:33 PM

Stowaway bugs,

Interesting. I seem to have given a pass to all the problems others are reporting here; wonder if it had anything to do with the chloroquine that I was taking for malarial prophylaxis?

I remember a message on the Fantasy Island web site from a previous guest who cautions strongly against using the local water supply for doing something as simple as brushing your teeth -- seems that in his group, quite a few of them began becoming ill and that was the common denominator.

PlatypusMan.
... who didn't have to worry about his work, because they saved all of it for him...

I know out of habit I used tap water a few times for brushing my teeth but the parasites in the water usually give you MR, the lingering head cold was probably something airborne since none of the women I kissed underwater got it.

Edited by Desert_Diver, 20 September 2006 - 08:30 AM.

I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#89 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:15 AM

So that's what was in those burgers! :cool2:

...Carol, you're so funny girrrrrrl! Another good reason to be a vegetarian :P

Edited by Jellyfishluv, 18 September 2006 - 01:15 AM.

#90 CA Blade

CA Blade

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water/NITROX
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:12 PM

Dive Update:

Did anyone write down the names of the dive sites? If so can you post them here? The writer for the SportDiver mag wanted to know the names AND what your favorite sites were and why! You just might be quoted in the magazine article! But hurry...he has to submit his article soon! -ww

Th dive sites we did off our boat are:

Insidius reef, Mary's Place, Newmans wall, Little French Key wall, Too tall too small, 40 foot point, Connies Dream, Coco View wall, French Key Bank, Missing Link, Ankas Place, Mr. Bud., Inside out, Valley of the King, Pirates Point and Gold Chain Reef.

My favorite was Coco view wall, nice long drift dive ending at the Prince Albert

Mike

I had a great time on this trip! I think I even got in enough diving to suit me. :D I fell a bit short of the 5 per day average (suggested before our arrival), but did manage to get in 22 dives for the week. :) Perhaps for the next trip I'll see what it's like to arrive on the day I'd scheduled. :cheerleader:

I must say that the caliber of divers in our group was quite high. I've done a few trips with "insta-buddies", and seen some divers that really needed some help. The SingleDivers really seemed to be squared away for the diving we were doing. I was glad to get paired off with with GoingPostal, because our dive styles matched so perfectly... but I would have been happy to pair off with anyone on my boat.

Mike,
Do you have that list of sites in the order we dove them? I didn't get all the site names down, but the ones I have don't fit the order you listed.... I suppose I could have my list wrong.
The "pirate name" on my eye patch, was supposed to be a math joke... perhaps a bit too obscure. (Several people mentioned that they hate math. Perhaps they also hate math jokes.)
CA Blade

Pi aren't square, pi are round! Cake are square. (...and perhaps the occasional eye patch)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users