• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Fantasy Begins! Sept 2-9, 2006

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#91 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:22 PM

Dive Update:

Did anyone write down the names of the dive sites? If so can you post them here? The writer for the SportDiver mag wanted to know the names AND what your favorite sites were and why! You just might be quoted in the magazine article! But hurry...he has to submit his article soon! -ww

Th dive sites we did off our boat are:

Insidius reef, Mary's Place, Newmans wall, Little French Key wall, Too tall too small, 40 foot point, Connies Dream, Coco View wall, French Key Bank, Missing Link, Ankas Place, Mr. Bud., Inside out, Valley of the King, Pirates Point and Gold Chain Reef.

My favorite was Coco view wall, nice long drift dive ending at the Prince Albert

Mike

I had a great time on this trip! I think I even got in enough diving to suit me. :diver: I fell a bit short of the 5 per day average (suggested before our arrival), but did manage to get in 22 dives for the week. :diver: Perhaps for the next trip I'll see what it's like to arrive on the day I'd scheduled. :D

I must say that the caliber of divers in our group was quite high. I've done a few trips with "insta-buddies", and seen some divers that really needed some help. The SingleDivers really seemed to be squared away for the diving we were doing. I was glad to get paired off with with GoingPostal, because our dive styles matched so perfectly... but I would have been happy to pair off with anyone on my boat.

Mike,
Do you have that list of sites in the order we dove them? I didn't get all the site names down, but the ones I have don't fit the order you listed.... I suppose I could have my list wrong.

There speaks my former buddy who ditched me!!! (Just kidding) You know I will NEVER let you forget that even though you had nothing to do with it!!!! It is called a woman's prerogative!!!! (Of course, it was all Kamala's fault). :P

#92 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 10:34 PM

My list in order were

9/3
Newmans wall, Little French Key wall, Too tall too small

9/4
40 foot point, Funny, I have "Henry's Dream" not "Connie's Dream", Missed the third dive site name

9/5
French Key Bank, Missing Link, Skipped the third (afternoon) dive, Night Dive: Missing Link

9/6
Mary's Place, Mr. Bud Wreck, Inside Outside Chimneys

9/7
Valley of the Kings, Insidious reef, Ooops, missed the third dive site name (a common theme???)

9/8
The tractor, Oh dear, missed the second dive site name

9/9 Continental airlines!!!! :D

So I guess the three names I am missing are probably:

Ankas Place, Pirates Point and Gold Chain Reef. I know I never ended up at the Albert, Coco view wall must have been the one dive I missed! (Who knows what the order/ date dived is?)

#93 sandiegocarol

sandiegocarol

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:28 AM

Wow, the things you learn cause you don't have a job and you're still getting over whatever stowaway bugs you brought back from a tropical vacation. :D

Stowaway bugs,
Lets just say, I am still sick and have to take a sample to the lab for testing. Parasites I think. Yuck Yuck Yuck.

Next time - drink more! You just needed a parasite chaser :diver:

#94 Stingray1

Stingray1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:54 AM

My list in order were

9/8

9/9 Continental airlines!!!! :diver:

Ankas Place, Pirates Point and Gold Chain Reef. I know I never ended up at the Albert, Coco view wall must have been the one dive I missed! (Who knows what the order/ date dived is?)

On the 8th, we did Pirates Point first and then Gold Chain Reef second.

Did anyone get any of those group pictures of the wenches and a group pic of the pirates that they'd like to share? :D
Phyllis

#95 Boatlawyer

Boatlawyer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:04 AM

Dive Update:

Did anyone write down the names of the dive sites? If so can you post them here? The writer for the SportDiver mag wanted to know the names AND what your favorite sites were and why! You just might be quoted in the magazine article! But hurry...he has to submit his article soon! -ww

Th dive sites we did off our boat are:

Insidius reef, Mary's Place, Newmans wall, Little French Key wall, Too tall too small, 40 foot point, Connies Dream, Coco View wall, French Key Bank, Missing Link, Ankas Place, Mr. Bud., Inside out, Valley of the King, Pirates Point and Gold Chain Reef.

My favorite was Coco view wall, nice long drift dive ending at the Prince Albert

Mike

I had a great time on this trip! I think I even got in enough diving to suit me. :diver: I fell a bit short of the 5 per day average (suggested before our arrival), but did manage to get in 22 dives for the week. :P Perhaps for the next trip I'll see what it's like to arrive on the day I'd scheduled. :D

I must say that the caliber of divers in our group was quite high. I've done a few trips with "insta-buddies", and seen some divers that really needed some help. The SingleDivers really seemed to be squared away for the diving we were doing. I was glad to get paired off with with GoingPostal, because our dive styles matched so perfectly... but I would have been happy to pair off with anyone on my boat.

Mike,
Do you have that list of sites in the order we dove them? I didn't get all the site names down, but the ones I have don't fit the order you listed.... I suppose I could have my list wrong.

Blade-

Must thank you, once again, for manning the volatile, dare I say, explosive, zipper situation on my wetsuit. :diver: You have the hands of an artist! My only regret is that I did not get to play "catch the torpedo" with you!

#96 Going Postal

Going Postal

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1000

Posted 19 September 2006 - 02:01 PM

[

Mike,
Do you have that list of sites in the order we dove them? I didn't get all the site names down, but the ones I have don't fit the order you listed.... I suppose I could have my list wrong. [/quote]

9/3 Newman's Wall, Little French Key Wall, Too Tall too Small

9/4 40 foot point, Connies Dream, Coco View Wall,

9/5 French Key Bank, Missing Link, Anka's Place, Missing Link (night dive)

9/6 Mary's Place, Mr. Bud, Inside Out,

9/7 Valley of the King, Insidious Reef, (Poker Run)

9/8 Pirates Point, Gold Chain Reef
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow - What a ride!'"

#97 dianne

dianne

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:03 PM

pirates_and_wenches.JPG pirates_and_wenches_2.JPG pirates_and_wenches_3.JPG

My list in order were

9/8

9/9 Continental airlines!!!! :P

On the 8th, we did Pirates Point first and then Gold Chain Reef second.

Did anyone get any of those group pictures of the wenches and a group pic of the pirates that they'd like to share? :o

I have some group pictures of both groups together - d

#98 CA Blade

CA Blade

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water/NITROX
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:48 PM

There speaks my former buddy who ditched me!!! (Just kidding) You know I will NEVER let you forget that even though you had nothing to do with it!!!! It is called a woman's prerogative!!!! (Of course, it was all Kamala's fault). :2cool:

I was hoping you had largely forgiven me, by your last dive. (Not counting the wind up fish.) ...and whatever happened to a man's perogative? Aren't I supposed to get a say in anything?

Blade-

Must thank you, once again, for manning the volatile, dare I say, explosive, zipper situation on my wetsuit. :P You have the hands of an artist! My only regret is that I did not get to play "catch the torpedo" with you!

Always happy to help a boatmate with a wetsuit adjustment. :o For the next trip, I'll have to get out the toys a bit earlier.
The "pirate name" on my eye patch, was supposed to be a math joke... perhaps a bit too obscure. (Several people mentioned that they hate math. Perhaps they also hate math jokes.)
CA Blade

Pi aren't square, pi are round! Cake are square. (...and perhaps the occasional eye patch)

#99 Boatlawyer

Boatlawyer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:52 PM

Always happy to help a boatmate with a wetsuit adjustment. :P For the next trip, I'll have to get out the toys a bit earlier.

Never to early to bring out the toys, I always say! :o

#100 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:10 PM

I was hoping you had largely forgiven me, by your last dive. (Not counting the wind up fish.) ...and whatever happened to a man's perogative? Aren't I supposed to get a say in anything?

Nope Need you ask!!!??? :o. And you already got my answer to the wind up fish.

Hey guys, BTW, was the tractor wreck at Pirates Point? Trying to figure out how I could have gotten that mixed up???

#101 Stingray1

Stingray1

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:19 AM

Thanks for the pics, dianne.

Rosa,
Yes, the tractor was at pirates point. Maybe it should be called tractor's point.
Phyllis

#102 Jellyfishluv

Jellyfishluv

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Board Status:Always on the go
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:300+ logged

Posted 20 September 2006 - 01:41 PM

Off the topic but keepin' all my pirate boat buddies up to date:

I landed in Dublin, Ireland yesterday (yay :fish2: ) and I had a brillant time. I was invited out to an Irish pub by a few people and we drank pints of Guinness and listened to live traditional Irish folk music.

I'm now in Bristol, and had my first dinner (Indian Curry) on the water front. Tomorrow I fly to Berlin for 5 days and then back to Bristol.

Gotta go, friend wants to go out for a drink :fish2:

Edited by Jellyfishluv, 21 September 2006 - 05:13 AM.

:fish2: Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming...

#103 kittydiverChris

kittydiverChris

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (2006), Nitrox (2005)
  • Logged Dives:204

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:34 PM

Ok, so what happened to VAglassman? :wavey:
You owe me your land photos. Please send them. :angel2:

Edited by kittydiver, 21 September 2006 - 02:48 PM.

#104 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:19 PM

Thanks a lot Phyllis. That explains it!!!

Rosa

#105 scubaguyd

scubaguyd

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Cert Level:Navy Diver, PADI-Divemaster, NAUI-Master Scuba Diver
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:27 PM

hello everyone! hope all is well, never a dull moment here, just got back from a night/deep dive and had to bring a woman up from 72' and hit a over hang at 35' wearing a dry suit, well the saftey stop was blown and there wasnt enough air anyways. she spit her reg out 4 kicks away from me at 72/ with no air 18 min into the dive, when I jammed my reg into her mouth I looked and had 2100 by the time we surfaced my tank was at 250psi. had to hold my reg in during the ascent cause she was in a state of limbo. when we hit the over hang she went into active panic and then at the surface I had to tow here back to entry/exit point then when she finally set foot on land she broke down crying uncontrolled! <wow> anyways just venting and remembering as Blade mentioned how nice it was to dive with you all. What a fun, pleasant dive trip. The hightlight taking the jolly roger! Lil Andreu was the best dive boat to be on! What a pleasure to dive with you all. After this weekend Im sure missing you all and wondering if I want to go on and be a instructor?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users