• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Ascent Line Etiquette

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 Cephalopod

Cephalopod

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water Instructor.
  • Logged Dives:1963 to present...and me with just ten fingers!!!

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:20 PM

I once stuck my "Subduck" up a diver's crotch and repeatedly pulled the trigger.

People can do some pretty amazing things at 20 feet when they think you are trying to shove a Mallard up their butt.

Cephalopod :blink:
"The most dangerous creature you will encounter in any ocean, and the only one truly worth worrying about, is yourself!" H. E. Potter, General Public Nuisance, circa 2005

#77 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:16 AM

Beats a reel, I guess, right Perrone?
http://www.singlediv...a...st&p=156021 :blink:
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#78 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:23 AM

Beats a reel, I guess, right Perrone?
http://www.singlediv...a...st&p=156021 :blink:

I hate you...

:angel2:

#79 ereediver

ereediver

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water, AOW
  • Logged Dives:17

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:41 PM

My Abalone Diver 45 APC Glock works well at clearing the hang line and does a dang good job of signaling the boat on the surface.

I like my gear to be multi purpose.

Now that Reef hook with that nasty clip.
hmmmmm.

norm

As long as you have the right spring clips. and Talk about clearing your ears

#80 NCCaveDiver

NCCaveDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Logged Dives:1,000 plus

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:12 PM

If a boat is to allow so many divers onboard and then put them all in the water at the same time, they should have their freaking act together (they should have a way as to avoid this "pile up"). The most ingenious way of doing this that I have ever seen is the "Carolina Rig", which can be credited to George Purifoy, of Olympus Dive Center. I used to work for this cat, and therefore know the system like the back of my hand now -- it rocks. Their main boat, which is definitely considered a cattle boat holds 25 divers. With this system, even 25 divers have plenty of room to hang at depths from 35 feet up to 10 feet. The coolest part about it is how there is a horizontal line which is hooked onto the anchor line and then angles itself up to the main horizontal lines which run at 15 feet. These lines are on both sides of the boat, which is why there is plenty of space. Check it out: ODC boat page

#81 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:06 PM

If a boat is to allow so many divers onboard and then put them all in the water at the same time, they should have their freaking act together (they should have a way as to avoid this "pile up"). The most ingenious way of doing this that I have ever seen is the "Carolina Rig", which can be credited to George Purifoy, of Olympus Dive Center. I used to work for this cat, and therefore know the system like the back of my hand now -- it rocks. Their main boat, which is definitely considered a cattle boat holds 25 divers. With this system, even 25 divers have plenty of room to hang at depths from 35 feet up to 10 feet. The coolest part about it is how there is a horizontal line which is hooked onto the anchor line and then angles itself up to the main horizontal lines which run at 15 feet. These lines are on both sides of the boat, which is why there is plenty of space. Check it out: ODC boat page

The boat I was on in July in NC had the same set up, which was the first time I had seen such a set up. It was very nice and we never experienced the "pile up."
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users