• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

LAST CALL: Future SingleDivers trip destinations?

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

Poll: LAST CALL: Where do you want the future SD.com trips to be? It is OK to vote for tentative destinations already slated OR SUGGEST YOUR OWN IN THE THREAD! (130 member(s) have cast votes)

LAST CALL: Where do you want the future SD.com trips to be? It is OK to vote for tentative destinations already slated OR SUGGEST YOUR OWN IN THE THREAD!

1. Bonaire (5 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

2. Roatan/Honduras (6 votes [4.62%])

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

3. North Carolina (typically run in July, Aug & Oct) (5 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

4. Belize (11 votes [8.46%])

Percentage of vote: 8.46%

5. Hawaii (11 votes [8.46%])

Percentage of vote: 8.46%

6. Cozumel (How about Jan and Oct) (13 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

7. Costa Rica or Honduras (thinking about combining the trip with a toy drive for local children around mid-Dec timeframe) (15 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

8. Texas Flower Gardens (Hammar Heads, Whale Sharks, & more!) (18 votes [13.85%])

Percentage of vote: 13.85%

9. Grenada...pristine private beaches...4 hrs from San Juan (14 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

10. Somewhere really exotic like the South Pacific...expensive $3k+ but worth it! (24 votes [18.46%])

Percentage of vote: 18.46%

11. Don't care....just sign me up where ever you are going! (8 votes [6.15%])

Percentage of vote: 6.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#241 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,683 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 August 2004 - 01:05 PM

Wow Don!! That is EXACTLY what I need and you can bet I'll do all I can to make sure you are on as many trips as I can offer!!!

And thanks for the reminder....our goal is to offer great group trips so we can travel with new friends...make new friends...not worry if we have a dive buddy cuz we know that SD will match you up VERY compatibly as well as with a roomie and no not always the same person will be dive buddy as well as roomie.

Anyone else got a list of places they'd like to see OR timeframes they can take vacation???? -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#242 triggerfish

triggerfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:04 PM

Patience is not one of my natural virtues, I have to work on that here on SD.com - which is only six months old. As recently as last winter, I was helping WreckWench some - trying to get things done elsewhere, but with a lot of obstacles, yet - fortunately, it got worse, and WreckWench had to found this wonderful place. At the time, it seemed awful, but it was one of the best things that could have happened. Otherwise, we might still be trodding along ankledeep in caca elsewhere.

ok.
who are you and what have you done with DON??????????
:evilgrin: :lmao: :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

#243 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:38 PM

TF it's good to see you feeling better. :evilgrin:

#244 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:04 PM

Wow Don!! That is EXACTLY what I need and you can bet I'll do all I can to make sure you are on as many trips as I can offer!!!

And thanks for the reminder....our goal is to offer great group trips so we can travel with new friends...make new friends...not worry if we have a dive buddy cuz we know that SD will match you up VERY compatibly as well as with a roomie and no not always the same person will be dive buddy as well as roomie.

Anyone else got a list of places they'd like to see OR timeframes they can take vacation???? -ww

I generally take a week a quarter...I've done Feb, May and Sept this year and have either 4 or 5 days left;

given the above, it doesn't matter too much which week in the quarter it is

#245 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 04 August 2004 - 10:31 AM

Patience is not one of my natural virtues, I have to work on that here on SD.com - which is only six months old. As recently as last winter, I was helping WreckWench some - trying to get things done elsewhere, but with a lot of obstacles, yet - fortunately, it got worse, and WreckWench had to found this wonderful place. At the time, it seemed awful, but it was one of the best things that could have happened. Otherwise, we might still be trodding along ankledeep in caca elsewhere.

ok.
who are you and what have you done with DON??????????
:( :lmao: :o :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

:( Did you think you were the only Bipolar member on SD.com? Ah, we have all sorts of mental maladies running lose! :D
:cool2:
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#246 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 04 August 2004 - 02:33 PM

Don, you're scarin' us all. But we love ya!

I get three weeks of vacation a year. One week I spend with my family in Aspen, from Christmas to New Year's Eve. New Year's Day is spent in whichever city is fortunate enough to host USC in a bowl game. I also usually get the week of July 4th off - the primary industry that my company supplies is shut down that week so we usually do also. This leaves me with one more week (give or take) a year to schedule. The busiest time for me work-wise is from July 15th-ish to September 15th-ish so the chances of me getting away during that time are significantly lessened.

As far as potential destinations go, pick me a place with tropical beaches, minimal clothing (read: not using DEET cologne or a burqua to deal with clouds of mosquitos), virtually devoid of other people. Location/airtime and cost are secondary to these other requirements.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#247 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:53 AM

WW, just wanted to add this liveaboard as a potential future destination.

Sail and Dive the BVI's

It is a mix of diving, sailing and island hopping. I sailed with Capt Julian when he was skipper of the Windjammer ship S/V Legacy. Great sailor, knows his ships and the caribbean. The itinerary is flexible so we can negotiate more diving spots and less whatever. Only thing to consider is space as they only can hold about 10 passengers besides crew. :cool2: :teeth:
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#248 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,683 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 09:04 AM

Great! 10 is usually too small for this clan...but a good option to keep in mind! I really appreciate the input as I have between now and DEMA to finalize the 2005 calendar and pricing. Seems most of my work is for not...aka Grenada and Caymans...but we can recover and find other locales! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#249 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 05:41 PM

Hey, being in Europe gave me an idea for a nice expensive trip (I always come up with the expensive ones). Anyone interested in a cruise of the Greek Isles??
"

#250 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,683 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 12:08 PM

Hey, being in Europe gave me an idea for a nice expensive trip (I always come up with the expensive ones). Anyone interested in a cruise of the Greek Isles??

Ooooh now that would be awesome...but hey I'm still trying to do your Figi or Palau trip! (Both are military safe!) -ww

formerly...

#251 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 02:57 PM

Hey, being in Europe gave me an idea for a nice expensive trip (I always come up with the expensive ones).  Anyone interested in a cruise of the Greek Isles??

Ooooh now that would be awesome...but hey I'm still trying to do your Figi or Palau trip! (Both are military safe!) -ww

Yes, both are military safe. I think about the only places I can't go are indonesia and the PI. Well, I guess there are those pesky little issues in the middle east, but I don't think the diving is really great either.
"

#252 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,683 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 07:19 PM

Hey, being in Europe gave me an idea for a nice expensive trip (I always come up with the expensive ones).  Anyone interested in a cruise of the Greek Isles??

Yes, both are military safe. I think about the only places I can't go are indonesia and the PI. Well, I guess there are those pesky little issues in the middle east, but I don't think the diving is really great either.

There has been quite a bit of interest in Cocos for the same time I'm looking at Fiji (correct spelling for TF my friend and spelling teacher! Just call her "Sister TF") :wavey:

Anyway...I've got a great deal for Fiji for Nov/Dec of next year for about $2400 including air from LAX. (Does not include local air to LAX.) That would be all inclusive 7 nights 5 days unlimited diving and some other perks!

Working on what I can get for Cocos but this deal is too sweet to pass up! -ww

formerly...

#253 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 10:09 PM

There has been quite a bit of interest in Cocos for the same time I'm looking at Fiji (correct spelling for TF my friend and spelling teacher! Just call her "Sister TF") :teeth:

Anyway...I've got a great deal for Fiji for Nov/Dec of next year for about $2400 including air from LAX. (Does not include local air to LAX.) That would be all inclusive 7 nights 5 days unlimited diving and some other perks!

Working on what I can get for Cocos but this deal is too sweet to pass up! -ww

I'm in for Fiji next year...and didn't even notice you spelled it wrong before.
"

#254 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 19 November 2004 - 01:10 PM

Sweet! That's a smokin' deal ... I paid more than that for just air two years ago. I think I'm in, too.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#255 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,683 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 01:31 PM

The only hook is the airfare is accurate for fares til June of 2005...waiting on the final fares for after that to confirm that we can get it still! But if I can make this work out it REALLY will be a smoking deal! Either way I'm looking about about 2400 to 2600 which is VERY inexpensive for a week in Fiji! -ww

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users