• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Oct 5-7 NCSeafood Festival & Artifacts! & SHARKS!!!

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#196 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:43 AM

You are not suppose to fax everything. You need to email your survey to trips@singledivers.com. I cannot get the surveys if you fax them, and Kamala will not be able to process them.

Payments need to be made to the dive shop for the tanks, so I need that info from everyone pronto!

Well now, that would probably explain it. SORRY!

I'll scan the forms to PDF and e-mail shortly...

I'm bringing all my own tanks and will pay cash for Nitrox on site...

THANKS

Andy

No worries Andy....slight correction on the tank fills and rentals....

SingleDivers.com has paid (or as Sandy has said) will have paid the shop today. So you will pay SingleDivers.com! Please do not pay the shop directly or you will overpay and there is no refund from either Olympus or SingleDivers.com!)

Thank you....

So please all note....

Let Sandy know if you are renting tanks and if so what size and are they air or nitrox? And if you are filling tanks...if so what size and are they air or nitrox. :cheerleader:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#197 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:34 PM

I've updated my info in the first post

#198 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 03 October 2007 - 04:47 PM

I've updated my info in the first post

:cheerleader: Love the self serve members!!

#199 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 06:20 PM

Document Update:

1. Monte aka Bubbleboy - Received your Survey and Waiver! :cheerleader:

2. Andy aka Drewski - Received your Survey and Waiver! :angel2:

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

#200 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:30 PM

Last Minute Updates:

1. I have attached the driving directions below. It is imperative that you follow them. While we won't need to use this alley on Thursday...we will need to on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We will not be able to park at the Dive Lodge which is next door to the Raps Pub. The address is:

707 Arendell – Located between 8th & 7th street, next to Rap’s Bar & Grill

I will have the door code pm'd or emailed to you for access. Monte please enter quietly and crash on the sofa in the common area as you will be getting in so late Thursday nite/Friday morning.

Departure time for Friday is 6:30am sharp since we are going further offshore. We need to be on the dock at 5:30am to get loaded, tanks, etc. (Note we are on the Olympus)

Departure time for Saturday and Sunday is 7am sharp and we need to be on dock by 6:15 since we are changing boats to the Midnight Express

2. The weather might hold a cloud or two which means possible rain...so bring a boatcoat or rain jacket to keep warm!

3. The water temps are 77-78 or warmer depending on the wreck

4. Please note that SingleDivers.com is handling your tanks. You will get your rental and fill tags from Kamala on the trip. Please pay me as I am paying the shop for your tanks. Several tanks are coming from OTWDiver to provide enough 100's for people. To avoid confusion we are handling the tanks. PLEASE DO NOT PAY DIRECTLY...SEE KAMALA OR OTWDIVER FOR YOUR TAGS TO GET YOUR TANKS.

5. Air temps will be in the 70's and low 80's so bring a jacket for the evening time or if windy.

Driving Directions During the Festival:

Kamala-

This is the email that I sent out to the people who are only diving on Saturday and Sunday. It does not so much pertain to your group, but I sent it to you so you would know what to expect for the weekend. Also, the Seafood Festival link will be useful to your group if you want to pass it on to them.

Thanks girl- Let me know if you have any questions!
Nema

THE FOLLOWING HAS COME FROM OLYMPUS DIVING AND WHILE I CAN NOT UPLOAD THE PICTURES TO THE SITE WE ARE EMAILING THE EMAIL TO EVERYONE ON THE TRIP AND THAT WILL INCLUDE THE PICTURES!

As you know, the North Carolina Seafood Festival is in Morehead City this weekend. With it comes rides, food, fireworks, some musical entertainment and a bit of a logistical issue as far as navigation goes. The below information will simplify the process for you.

First off, we want you to invite your divers to share in the festival. Here is the link for their site. http://ncseafoodfest...org/default.asp

As of 5pm on Friday, the streets from Arendell (highway 70) and the waterfront will be blocked off for the entire weekend. What this means to you is that you can not pull up directly to our dive shop to unload your equipment. We have made arrangements with the committee of the festival for you to come in an alley that leads directly across from our shop and unload your equipment and then pull back out the same way you came in and park your vehicles on a side street across Arendell Street. Below is the logistical information. I have attempted to simplify it with photos.

As you are coming in to downtown Morehead City, the street numbers will start getting smaller. You will be looking for 9th street. Below is a picture of 9th street and Arendell (hwy 70).

See Pic #1

You will be turning into an alley that is directly between 9th street and 8th street. You will continue past the ‘First Citizens’ bank building and there will be an empty spot with no building. Below is what the view from this area.

See Pic #2

Now, you see the building with the purple sign on it? THAT is where you will turn right. This is the alley way that leads directly across from our dive shop.

Below is what this sign looks like.

See Pic #3

The reason that I am giving you such detailed photos is that because when your group arrives, there will be vendors and cars and trailers and really big stuff blocking the vision of a sign that is blocked from vision in the first place.

This is the important information now. This alley way is closed to everyone EXCEPT for our divers. There will be a security guard at this alley way. All that you have to do is pull up and tell them that you are diving with Olympus and they will let you through. It is imperative that you advise your DRIVERS to drive as slow as their vehicle will allow them and still be moving. Once you pull through the alley way, you are 2 blocks from where you are going. At the end of the first block, there will be an intersection and since the streets are closed, there is a possibility that there will be people in the road. Have someone get out of the vehicle and guide the vehicle through this intersection. This intersection is pictured below.

See Pic #4

You will continue through this intersection until you get to the end of the building shown at which point you will turn left. This is the view that you will be seeing then. You will be turning left into this parking lot.

See Pic #5

Olympus is located directly across the street. This is what you will see.

See Pic #6

You can unload your dive equipment and carry it across the street to our docks. You will then need to backtrack exactly the way that you came in and go to find parking. My best advice for you is to cross Arendell (hwy 70) and find parking on one of the side streets. As early as you will be arriving, this should not be an issue and you should not have to pay for parking this weekend.

You will need to arrive at 6:00 a.m. on the day of the charter. Our boats pull away from the dock at 7:00 and we return between 3 & 4 p.m. When you return to the dock, the town will transformed into something like the below picture.

See Pic #7

In this picture, Olympus Dive Center is located in the top left corner.

You will follow the same drill to get your gear back to your vehicle. My advice is to take your time with the crowds and enjoy this unique and fun festival.

Should you have any questions or needs while you are here or before you arrive, please do feel free to contact me at 252-726-9432.

Looking forward to a really fun weekend!

Nema Triplett

Charter & Sales Manager

Olympus Dive Center

252-726-9432

nema@olympusdiving.com

www.olympusdiving.com

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#201 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:48 PM

I have sent an email out to everyone with more information, so be looking for it. Kimmie, I sent yours to the Fingrabber at SD email account. If anyone has not received this email, please let me know so that I can resend it to you.

:-D

#202 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,629 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:10 PM

I have sent an email out to everyone with more information, so be looking for it. Kimmie, I sent yours to the Fingrabber at SD email account. If anyone has not received this email, please let me know so that I can resend it to you.

:-D

Hey Everyone...PLEASE read the email if you are driving...and even if you are not as it pertains to how we can move arouhd this weekend!

See you tomorrow! kamala

formerly...

#203 runswithebulls

runswithebulls

Getting started

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:175

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:18 PM

Better move me off the intersted list....the NFL schedule worked out. But because it worked out so well - my buddy from Chicago and I are going to do our big scuba trip during that time. We're debating either Grand Cayman or Bahamas....I'll have to find another SD trip to join in on.

Let our travel network help you with either one and save you money! And we certainly look forward to you joining us on another trip! kamala

See you guys tomorrow; i am packing and hope to be checking in by 5 or 6 pm; am i the only one inthe super luxe single rooms accomodations?
I got the directions but they look more like a treasure hunt ... Kamala , give me a howler to my cell if you don't hear from me. Thanks...

#204 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD
  • Logged Dives:138

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:20 AM

See you guys tomorrow; i am packing and hope to be checking in by 5 or 6 pm; am i the only one inthe super luxe single rooms accomodations?
I got the directions but they look more like a treasure hunt ... Kamala , give me a howler to my cell if you don't hear from me. Thanks...

Nope, I am too. We should pass the Comfort Inn on the drive into town.

Let the treasure hunt begin!

#205 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD
  • Logged Dives:138

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:20 PM

You guys are gonna hate that you missed this trip..................... :cool2:

We dove the U-352 TWICE yesterday! :bam:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Topless, 07 October 2007 - 09:20 PM.

#206 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:45 AM

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :birthday: #$R%#@$%$#:birthday: :banghead: :banghead: %@#$%@#$%^$%&#$%^$%:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :
^&$%^&^$&*^%&*#$%^%:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: $%^%#^&#$@$%^$#^%&$% :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ok now i wish i had planned a little better and gotten on this trip as well (christine you missed a good opportunity) as i would have really liked to dove NC again this year after freezing my butt off in may. :banghead:

What was the water temp for the dives?

Edited by Scubatooth, 08 October 2007 - 05:46 AM.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#207 gracefulc

gracefulc

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster - cold water all the way!
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:47 AM

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :birthday: #$R%#@$%$#:birthday: :banghead: :banghead: %@#$%@#$%^$%&#$%^$%:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :
^&$%^&^$&*^%&*#$%^%banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
^&$%^&^$&*^%&*#$%^%#^&#$@$%^$#^%&$% :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ok now i wish i had planned a little better and gotten on this trip as well (christine you missed a good opportunity) as i would have really liked to dove NC again this year after freezing my butt off in may. :banghead:

What was the water temp for the dives?

Couldn't have gone for SEVERAL reasons, but glad to hear folks enjoyed themselves. Again, Tooth, you're a wimp! 70s is NOT cold! sheesh.
"You don't need to outswim the shark, just your dive buddy."

DAN Intern for Summer 2007 in Scapa Flow, Scotland!!!

#208 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:58 AM

I was fine the first couple of days but day three i was cold before i hit the water and stayed that way. must me nice in the drysuit, oh well that day will come soon.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#209 gracefulc

gracefulc

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster - cold water all the way!
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 08 October 2007 - 06:14 AM

I was fine the first couple of days but day three i was cold before i hit the water and stayed that way. must me nice in the drysuit, oh well that day will come soon.

I didn't even use thermal undergarments either - just a t-shirt and shorts!
"You don't need to outswim the shark, just your dive buddy."

DAN Intern for Summer 2007 in Scapa Flow, Scotland!!!

#210 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:45 AM

I dove dry the first two days but switched to a wet suit to penetrate the U-boat. Still, I was comfortable all three days.

I heard someone got bent on the Schurz on Friday--are they OK? Was it an SD member?

Edited by VADiver, 08 October 2007 - 08:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users