• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Wanted: Nice Guys

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#136 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:47 AM

I think I posted before that I work with all men. I also work in a field with a high divorce rate. We work a 12 hr shift. 4 days and then 4 nights.......lots of overtime in between. The poll is out and most of those divorces seem to be due to the woman cheating. I have also been told that cheating is not the problem in a marriage, it is a symptom of a problem. I'm sure that's not true in all cases. Some people just can't seem to keep it at home. It was amazing to hear all the stories of the men working these shifts that had a cheating wife. :bam: It's rough all over these days.
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#137 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:26 PM

Well I know it goes both ways. He was in the airline business, far from home, far too much, and noone to see him. He cheated with a married flight attendant and then again (for a year and 1/2) with a married woman pilot that had 3 kids.
Any way, having good fun friends is all I want right now. I'm looking forward to some dive trips! :cheerleader:
Ain't love a BEACH?

#138 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:37 PM

By the way, he didn't want a divorce and tried to convince me that he just needed some "company" on his trips because I couldn't go because I had to stay with the kids. He wanted to stay married but keep his girlfriend on his trips. Don't try this at home guys!!!
Ain't love a BEACH?

#139 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:41 PM

By the way, he didn't want a divorce and tried to convince me that he just needed some "company" on his trips because I couldn't go because I had to stay with the kids. He wanted to stay married but keep his girlfriend on his trips. Don't try this at home guys!!!

That had to be hard to deal with. It's amazing what they will come up with for an excuse and expect you to fall for it too.

Dive trips Dive trips Dive trips!!!!!!! You might just find some company yourself now!!!
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#140 justscuba

justscuba

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT, EFR INST,HSAI
  • Logged Dives: about 2250 cert 1973

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:58 PM

That had to be hard to deal with. It's amazing what they will come up with for an excuse and expect you to fall for it too.

Dive trips Dive trips Dive trips!!!!!!! You might just find some company yourself now!!!

Iam in.....Iam in....lets go diving

#141 Sassi

Sassi

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:06 PM

Iam in.....Iam in....lets go diving

I second (or third) that!

#142 Sassi

Sassi

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:16 PM

I wrote future as meaning marriage.

I was raised chr**t**n where you wait til marriage before sex; it didn't go that way in my life. I always hear that if she loves you then she'll wait until the time is right. I just don't believe its true anymore.

I just want a girl who enjoys some of the things that I do and look forward to a long future together enjoying each others company. I doubt my fairy tail will ever happen.

There is nothing wrong with a belief. I was raised strict Southern Baptist (yea, it didn't go that way in my life either). To tell the truth, I'm not sure I ever believed that the time being right had anything to do with a ring on my finger. That being said - I honestly cannot see myself getting married ever again, not because I don't want to, but honestly what do I need that piece of paper for? That doesn't mean that if the time wasn't right and it was the right person that I wouldn't consider it.

I think you can still get your fairy tail - you just may have to put a modern-day twist on it :twist:

#143 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:55 PM

I think you can still get your fairy tail - you just may have to put a modern-day twist on it :twist:

<ahem> Freudian slip? <ahem>

#144 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:ow plus
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:53 AM

lower my standards and not get what I want
keep my standards and not get what I want
Its just not in me to have a one night stand or have sex without knowing the girl,
relationships are too hard, I'm going diving
jeff aka nice-diver

#145 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:59 AM

I wrote future as meaning marriage.

I was raised chr**t**n where you wait til marriage before sex; it didn't go that way in my life. I always hear that if she loves you then she'll wait until the time is right. I just don't believe its true anymore.

I just want a girl who enjoys some of the things that I do and look forward to a long future together enjoying each others company. I doubt my fairy tail will ever happen.

There is nothing wrong with a belief. I was raised strict Southern Baptist (yea, it didn't go that way in my life either). To tell the truth, I'm not sure I ever believed that the time being right had anything to do with a ring on my finger. That being said - I honestly cannot see myself getting married ever again, not because I don't want to, but honestly what do I need that piece of paper for? That doesn't mean that if the time wasn't right and it was the right person that I wouldn't consider it.

I think you can still get your fairy tail - you just may have to put a modern-day twist on it :)

Regrettably our government has built a system where there are certain rights that married couples get that non married couples do not including common property rights and the ability to make decisions for the other partner in the case where one can't speak for themselves.

#146 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:18 PM

Jeff - go diving! There are a lot more fish in the sea!

And doesn't common law cover those unmarried but living together property laws?
Ain't love a BEACH?

#147 techintime

techintime

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Cert Level:Master diver, TDI Deco diver and adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:24 AM

Dudes and dudetts,
My two cents on this issue. I will probably ruffle a few feathers but here goes anyway:
1. Being married was cool but so is being single. Both can really suck too. Life is what you make it. So you might as well make it good.
2. Women are romanticly attracted to men who are masculine. They become "just friends" with men who are not masculine.
3. Men are romanticly attracted to women who are feminine. They may become friends with feminine women if they are unavailable in hopes that they can stay in touch until they are available. Otherwise men dont really become friends with women. I'm not talking about being "friendly" but men dont generally become good friends with women
4. Its not that women fall for bad boys. It's just that most bad boys are masculine.
5. Forget the idea that "if you love something set it free...the real deal is that "if you love something go out and win it...in battle...be her knight in shining armor...slay a dragon for her...dont hope that she loves you...leave her no choice.
6. Same goes for women. Dont wait around for some guy to notice you...that is long gone...get in his face (in a feminine way) and let him know that you are attracted to him...he'll be amazed and flattered and will quickly respond. If he doesn't respond quickly he never will...so move on.
PS: Please notice I didn't say anything about sex. Despite the agressive nature of my opinions, I don't believe in sex wothout love (anymore) and that takes a while to develope in any relationship.

techintime
Techintime

#148 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:20 AM

Dudes and dudetts,
My two cents on this issue. I will probably ruffle a few feathers but here goes anyway:
1. Being married was cool but so is being single. Both can really suck too. Life is what you make it. So you might as well make it good.
2. Women are romanticly attracted to men who are masculine. They become "just friends" with men who are not masculine.
3. Men are romanticly attracted to women who are feminine. They may become friends with feminine women if they are unavailable in hopes that they can stay in touch until they are available. Otherwise men dont really become friends with women. I'm not talking about being "friendly" but men dont generally become good friends with women
4. Its not that women fall for bad boys. It's just that most bad boys are masculine.
5. Forget the idea that "if you love something set it free...the real deal is that "if you love something go out and win it...in battle...be her knight in shining armor...slay a dragon for her...dont hope that she loves you...leave her no choice.
6. Same goes for women. Dont wait around for some guy to notice you...that is long gone...get in his face (in a feminine way) and let him know that you are attracted to him...he'll be amazed and flattered and will quickly respond. If he doesn't respond quickly he never will...so move on.
PS: Please notice I didn't say anything about sex. Despite the agressive nature of my opinions, I don't believe in sex wothout love (anymore) and that takes a while to develope in any relationship.

techintime

BRAVO!! :lmao: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: Well said! :cheerleader:
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#149 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:28 AM

Jeff - go diving! There are a lot more fish in the sea!

And doesn't common law cover those unmarried but living together property laws?

Maybe, but having the piece of paper leaves no doubt. When I took my Business law classes in college what we learned is anything regarding property, get it in writing, otherwise it may be up to probate.

#150 Sassi

Sassi

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:27 PM

<ahem> Freudian slip? <ahem>

It wasn't supposed to be that - I better go back to spelling school :)

Dudes and dudetts,

techintime

Very nicely said!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users