• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Wanted: Nice Guys

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#121 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:54 PM

You are assuming about the geography too! Dangerous habit that "assuming"! :cheerleader:

I agree. If you dig her, go for it, one of you would be willing to move it works out. I was planning on moving to another country for a girl, learned a whole new language and everything. Seriously man, shout at her and see what happens!

EDIT- The reason our relationship failed had nothing to do with geography, or culture, that was the easy part...

Edited by ScubaDrew, 11 September 2007 - 05:56 PM.

Drew Z.

"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation." -Sinclair Lewis

Meet Pearl and Opal, the new shark rays in Adventure Aquarium.

#122 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 11 September 2007 - 08:11 PM

I agree with George - I HATE it when someone asks me how come I've never been married! (like I'm missing out on something or my life is not complete without a mate!, do not assume that your opinion is of any consequence to me in this situation).....anyway, I came across this response (and unfortunately I cannot credit the originator, because it was on a refrigerator magnet) ....."I'm single because I was born that way." Kinda stops people in their tracks and might make them realize they've asked a stupid and rhetorical question. On the other hand, I think many of us would be WAY less offended if the inquiring mind stated "I can't believe that such a <insert complimetary adjective> person as yourself is spoken for already, unless of course, that's your choice." Sometimes it's all in the delivery.

As to being GU (geographically undesirable), I think this can be a realistic rule-out criteria if you are into on-line dating, but as for the real life interactions, I'm more concerned with the specialness of the people I meet than in what zip code they're from.....

Paula

I just remind them that I generally get to travel the world because I am single and don't have to answer to anyone. That usually gets a response they didn't want to give.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#123 jholley309

jholley309

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:36 AM

Geography... I understand.... not thinking you were sincere... well, now you're just assuming. I'd say you should go for it unless geography is a deal breaker. :D

That's assuming Trace is referring to distance rather than a specific location...say, for instance, the south pole...

:thankyou:

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#124 Topless

Topless

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD
  • Logged Dives:138

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:28 AM

I just remind them that I generally get to travel the world because I am single and don't have to answer to anyone.

Yeah, I have people who don't get it. They wonder how I can travel so much, dive so much, have so many toys............. It's simple. I don't have 3 ex-wives and 4 kids to pay for. :thankyou:

My ex-wife is remarried (not that she got alimony anyway) and my kids eat a 44lb bag of food about once a month. :D

#125 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:44 PM

I seem to find men with either one extreme or the other. They either want to get too serious too fast and get married, or all they want is fringe benefits. The ones that want to jump to marriage get run out the door, as I am not ready for that again at this time. The other type get run off also, as I want a little more than that. It seems really hard to meet someone in between these two types. :angel2:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#126 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:ow plus
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:05 PM

I recently came to realize that women want to have sex with me, but don't want to live with me. :angel2: I want it all with one girl; I want to know her one year before we talk about the future, and for her to know me.
jeff aka nice-diver

#127 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:28 PM

Well Jeff, I think most guys would say they wished they had your problem!! :angel2:

I don't seem to be able to JUST have sex. It's just not me. I tell A guy I don't want to be married and they think that's all I want. It would be nice to find someone you can really enjoy doing things with. No pressure, no feeling like your not worth anything. After having experienced moving too quickly in a relationship, I won't do it again. You are right about waiting a year to talk about the future. People need time to see the "Real" in each other. It's easy to put on a show for a short time, but not the long term.

Edited by ScubaSis, 05 January 2008 - 02:53 PM.

#128 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:53 PM

It has to be todays society, women are always more horny that I am. It seams they have their value placed in how fast they have sex and not for the person that they are.
jeff aka nice-diver

#129 justscuba

justscuba

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT, EFR INST,HSAI
  • Logged Dives: about 2250 cert 1973

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:56 PM

I recently came to realize that women want to have sex with me, but don't want to live with me. :angel2: I want it all with one girl; I want to know her one year before we talk about the future, and for her to know me.

I want your problem please please! The women I know want to have a life long relationship before we even get to think and I talking about even thinking about the bedroom part. LOL

#130 justscuba

justscuba

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT, EFR INST,HSAI
  • Logged Dives: about 2250 cert 1973

Posted 05 January 2008 - 02:58 PM

It has to be todays society, women are always more horny that I am. It seams they have their value placed in how fast they have sex and not for the person that they are.

So Jeff should I move to Oregon?

#131 Sassi

Sassi

• PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:12 PM

I recently came to realize that women want to have sex with me, but don't want to live with me. :cheerleader: I want it all with one girl; I want to know her one year before we talk about the future, and for her to know me.

I woud live with a guy if that was what we decided we would do to get to know one another, but honestly if he made me wait a year for sex, well I honestly don't think I could hold out that long while living in the same house :thankyou:

#132 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:33 PM

I recently came to realize that women want to have sex with me, but don't want to live with me. :bam: I want it all with one girl; I want to know her one year before we talk about the future, and for her to know me.

I woud live with a guy if that was what we decided we would do to get to know one another, but honestly if he made me wait a year for sex, well I honestly don't think I could hold out that long while living in the same house :-D

:-D Good one!!!!

#133 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:24 PM

I wrote future as meaning marriage.

I was raised chr**t**n where you wait til marriage before sex; it didn't go that way in my life. I always hear that if she loves you then she'll wait until the time is right. I just don't believe its true anymore.

I just want a girl who enjoys some of the things that I do and look forward to a long future together enjoying each others company. I doubt my fairy tail will ever happen.
jeff aka nice-diver

#134 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:00 PM

Some bad apples spoil the whole bunch. I was married to a cheater and will probably never get over it enough to ever consider dating or remarrying. I'm just looking for a best bud! Someone to have fun with.
:bam:
Ain't love a BEACH?

#135 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 11:39 PM

I've never cheated on a woman in my life. Many men haven't. So why punish us all for the infidelity of some loser?

Hell I dated a girl that got pregnant TWICE (not by me) while we were supposedly seeing each other. Why should I stop MY life because of HER poor choices? I said goodbye and good luck, and I moved on with my life. I've known several women to cheat. Married and otherwise. Odd how no one ever talks about it when it's the woman... According to Lifetime TV, only one gender is capable of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users