• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Best and Worse Pick Up Lines...

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:49 PM

Hi all,

You are on a dive trip (Let's say an SD boat charter). Suddenly a dive god or goddess you had never seen before drops his / her gear beside yours. They smile at you and in that brief moment you see everything you have ever wanted in a mate. The eyes, the shoulders, the "je nais se quois"... The ring check comes up negative and it does not look like they are with anyone else, so you decide to take the plunge and say something...

What is the best line to start a conversation...?

Conversely, what could they say to you to make you move your gear all the way to the other side of the boat?
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 February 2007 - 02:04 PM

Always depends on the delivery...one guy can say something corny and I'd be intriqued...another could say the same thing and I'd be groaning in agony!

(Of course I don't pass the ring test anymore....but for most of my life I have!) :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 04 February 2007 - 05:55 PM

I am really having a hard time keeping up with the abbreviations and acronyms on this board.
Now someone starts using Russian or Latin or something....

what is "je nais se quois"

I could not find it on the internet either.

And the "ring check" doesn't work. There are a LOT of single women that wear rings, they ARE looking for a date, but they say "thats not a wedding ring you idiot" after I have known them for 5 years.

MEN cannot tell the difference between a wedding/engagment ring or any other kind of ring. If you want to let men know you are not married, do not put ANYTHING on your left hand.

Edited by Racer184, 04 February 2007 - 05:58 PM.

#4 cat fish

cat fish

"Atocha Queen"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
  • Board Status:online
  • Cert Level:15+ years diving. Rec -Tek-Cavern
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:55 PM

I am really having a hard time keeping up with the abbreviations and acronyms on this board.
Now someone starts using Russian or Latin or something....
what is "je nais se quois"
I could not find it on the internet either.

Wahoo, Racer! I can finally put all those years of Catholic education to use! :birthday: Here goes....
The correct spelling of this French expression is "Je ne sais quoi"
Je=I / ne=not / sais=know / quoi=what
"I not know what" is literal. In English, we'd say: "I don't know what" meaning a sense or a quality we can't quite describe. I'm thinking of Inspector Clouseau in the movie The Pink Panther... he'd be saying stuff like that!!

Hey... on a different, but related note: My son's girlfriend is French. He told me yesterday that's he's now enrolled in a French class at a community college, as his high school/college French is pretty rusty. I thought that was pretty romantic! Is that a major pickup line or what!! - cat

#5 jonjon

jonjon

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Cert Level:dive master
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:56 PM

Hi all,

You are on a dive trip (Let's say an SD boat charter). Suddenly a dive god or goddess you had never seen before drops his / her gear beside yours. They smile at you and in that brief moment you see everything you have ever wanted in a mate. The eyes, the shoulders, the "je nais se quois"... The ring check comes up negative and it does not look like they are with anyone else, so you decide to take the plunge and say something...

Conversely, what could they say to you to make you move your gear all the way to the other side of the boat?

I was on a weekend dive trip to the flower gardens on the "Spree" I believe it was, this young lady approached me and said some kind of gibberish which I acknowleged and smiled at, before she left she stomped of my foot {we were bare footed of course} I thought to myself "what was that for?" She came by later and steped on my foot again without speaking. I maybe naive at times but I finaly realized that was her way of coming on to me, we had a great time that weekend. A pick up line is not always necesary, just make contact and see what happens.

#6 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:38 PM

1.) Don't worry about my ex-boyfriend, he is in jail for stalking
2.) I took my first ex-husband for $ but but I got $$ out of my second
3.) Only two of my children have ever been arrested
4.) "If the captain comes by asking for my c-card, could you distract him ?"
5.) "I like your oxygen tanks"
6.) "It is so sad to see those veterans standing in the intersection, it just proves that income taxes are not high enough"
7.) I always get sea sick, could you ....
8.) "I do 160 feet all the time"
9.) My _______ itches bad all the time
10.) "huh, no problem, I just give 'em my brother's c-card"

Edited by Racer184, 04 February 2007 - 07:39 PM.

#7 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:06 PM

Hello.

Works like a charm every time.

PlatypusMan

On rare occasions it can continue like this:

Down, Sparky! Bad Sparky!!

Ignore him--he gets excited like that with everyone new..hope he didn't hurt your leg climbing it.

No, he's not a funny-looking dog, he's a platypus....

You mean to say you don't know what a platypus is?

#8 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:ow plus
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:58 PM

Hi all,

Anytime a girl talks to me with an interest in me, I am turned on and interested. Now I just need a girl to act interested in me. Yeah, hello is a good start, wanna be my buddy would be a good second line.
jeff aka nice-diver

#9 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:06 AM

"Hello, I'm Johnny Cash... er, Dr. Bill." Then I start singing "I Walk the Line."

and

"Hi, I'm an XXXX [fill in your own agency] instructor. Can you help me put the strap back on my personal mask? NOTE: actually happened.

#10 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:10 AM

<snip>
"Hi, I'm an XXXX [fill in your own agency] instructor. Can you help me put the strap back on my personal mask? NOTE: actually happened.

Did it work?

#11 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 06:20 AM

7.) I always get sea sick, could you ....

Talk about memories. I had a lady come up to me on one of my courses and while on the boat she said she always got sick on the transit. I joked that I would hold her long hair out of the way when she had to bend over the rail. She grabbed my forearm with her hand and squeezed me. Then with a giddy smile said, "Oh... That is sooooo sweet...".

She was fine for the rest of the trip there and back...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#12 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 06:26 AM

MEN cannot tell the difference between a wedding/engagment ring or any other kind of ring. If you want to let men know you are not married, do not put ANYTHING on your left hand.

Having dated a jeweler for a time I can tell an engagement or wedding ring from another ring type. If it is black onyx or something then I will give it a go. I too have seen women with wedding bands on that later turned out to be unattached. I do not ask them out.

#13 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:02 AM

We were just talking about this topic at our last happy hour…

One of my favorite lines was from “King of Queens.” It went…

“Hello ladies, I don’t know if you are familiar with professional roller derby, but I’m Doug Hefferan.”

Brilliant! :birthday:

I don’t really use lines. But I don’t have any problem walking up to anyone and start talking about anything. I normally am pretty good with noticing something special about them. Maybe a nice piece of jewelry or a special hair color. That is what I’ll comment on.

Now one of my buddies uses the same line over and over again. It has yet to be successful, but he sticks to it. His logic is, 'when it works, I’ll have found the right women for me.'
His line is, “So, do you like guns and fishing?”

Now here are some of my favorite “BAD lines…”
-Your name must be Daisy, because I have the incredible urge to plant you right here!
-Just call me milk, I’ll do your body good.
-Your body’s name must be Visa, because it’s everywhere I want to be.
-That shirt looks very becoming on you, but if I were on you, I’d be coming too.
-I’m a bird watcher and I’m looking for a Big Breasted Bed Thrasher, have you seen one?
-I’m new in town, could I have directions to your house.
-I lost my bed, can I borrow yours?
-You must be Jamaican, because Jamaican me crazy. (great for Caribbean dive trips) :birthday:
-My recipe for love is one cup of you, one cup of me, knead till hard, and serve hot.
-Do you have a quarter? My mother told me to call home when I met the girl of my
dreams.

And my favorite BAD line…
-I may not be the best looking guy here, but I’m the only one talking to you. :birthday:

Now, for the ladies here is a list of great comebacks for bad pick up lines… :birthday:

Man: "Haven't we met before?"
Woman: "Perhaps, I'm the receptionist at the VD Clinic."

Man: "Haven't I seen you someplace before?”
Women "Yeah, that's why I don't go there anymore."

Man: "Is this seat empty?"
Woman: "Yes, and this one will be too if you sit down."

Man: "So, wanna go back to my place?"
Woman: "Well, I don't know. Will two people fit under a rock?"

Man: "Your place or mine?"
Woman: "Both. You go to yours and I'll go to mine."

Man: "I'd like to call you. What's your number?"
Woman: "It's in the phone book."
Man: "But I don't know your name."
Woman: "That's in the phone book too."

Man: "So what do you do for a living?"
Woman :"I'm a female impersonator."

Man: "Hey, baby, what's your sign?"
Women: “Do Not Enter.”

Man: "How do you like your eggs in the morning?"
Woman: “Unfertilized!"

Man: "Hey, come on, we're both here at this bar for the same reason"
Woman: "Yeah! Let's pick up some chicks!"

Man: "I know how to please a woman."
Woman: "Then please leave me alone."

Man: "I want to give myself to you."
Woman: "Sorry, I don’t accept cheap gifts."

Man: "If I could see you naked, I'd die happy:
Woman: "Yeah, but if I saw you naked, I'd probably die laughing".

Man: “Your body is like a temple."
Woman: “Sorry, there are no services today.”

Man; "I'd go through anything for you."
Woman: "Good! Let's start with your bank account"

Man: "I would go to the end of the world for you.”
Woman: “Yes, but would you stay there?”
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#14 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:52 AM

What is a nice girl like you doing a dive like this? :birthday:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,630 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:09 AM

What is a nice girl like you doing a dive like this? :birthday:

WOW some of these are classic...but this particular worked on me the first time I heard it! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users