• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

What do you notice first...?

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#151 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:42 PM

Even though most of you know I'm a leg man, I think I posted earlier that the smile is the first thing I look at. It tells you a lot about the personality. The legs on the other hand...

But I'm now thinking I should pay more attention to what is just above the smile. That's right, the nose. I should look carefully to see if it grows longer as she talks!

#152 C-Food

C-Food

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Cert Level:in training (beginner)

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:21 AM

OK, so the question is. . .what do you notice FIRST?

For me, it's eyes. You know that whole "windows to the soul" thing? Beautiful eyes always get my attention! Everything else is just secondary!

#153 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:36 AM

For me, it's eyes. You know that whole "windows to the soul" thing? Beautiful eyes always get my attention! Everything else is just secondary!

Wow, C-Food... I didn't know guys had souls. Heck, we barely have soles (on our shoes).

#154 C-Food

C-Food

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Cert Level:in training (beginner)

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:20 AM

Wow, C-Food... I didn't know guys had souls. Heck, we barely have soles (on our shoes).

You're a diver - I KNOW you've got soul!
As for the soles, well, you're a diver - substituted fins for soles, so that's OK!

#155 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:22 AM

Definitely the face... if she's got a great smile, you can't help but notice her eyes because they'll be smiling too! Of course the environment we're in will dictate my reaction to her face... if she's engaged in a serious conversation, her smile may simply be hiding... but if you look long enough you'll know whether she spends most of her time enjoying life or not.

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#156 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:30 AM

Sometimes the woman dresses to control what you will notice first, Saturday I had a dating disaster but she was easy on the eyes and I think the deep vee cut dress was meant to distract me from her eyes because if I'd looked into those I would have seen that I was being used and not in the good way either! :twist:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#157 tcih2o

tcih2o

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Cert Level:nitrox and rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

Sometimes the woman dresses to control what you will notice first, Saturday I had a dating disaster but she was easy on the eyes and I think the deep vee cut dress was meant to distract me from her eyes because if I'd looked into those I would have seen that I was being used and not in the good way either! :twist:

I agree fully, woman do control what we look at first. They definelty have the upper hand in that department. You know some will turn you into a drooling fool if you stare long enough??

#158 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:53 PM

In the 60's there was a song by Bill Withers ;

... if it feels this good being used; you just keep on using me; 'til you use me up ...

#159 AquaPup

AquaPup

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:8

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:03 PM

So ummm.... when you comin to Florida? :D

OK - I'll be the first girl to chime in here:
I probably notice nice shoulders from across the room but immediately do further investigation to make sure that they don't have chicken legs. I can't stand those guys who do 7zillion curls, bench presses etc and never do legs. Any real athelete has strong legs! Big arms and skinny legs is the male equivalent of fake boobs.

Damn, I think maybe I need to move to Florida now, Ford...

As for my 2 cents on the survey. Pocahontas is totally right! I see those damn bird-legs at the gym all the time. My best friend says she has had to work hard to get hers built up, that the bird legs run in her family. But she HAS PUT IN THE WORK to achieve balance there, and it IS possible. On the other hand, she just put in money to achieve balance (overbalance!!) somewhere higher up... :D As if there wasn't enough of a discrepancy up there between us already. Of course, there is no way to naturally achieve greater size in that area for us chickies.

Men, interestingly enough, if you notice a woman dressing to accentuate a particular area, it could mean both that she thinks it is one of her best assets (like wearing a short skirt to show off legs) or that it is something she is self-conscious about size-wise (like wearing a plunging v-neck, probably with a good push-up bra, to give her some cleavage, or wearing a short skirt to make short or chunky legs look longer). So you can't always tell just what our motivation is! Basically though, if you like something, compliment her on it. Short of something along the lines of "do you crush watermelons between those thighs?" or "holy guacamole, what size are those things!!" you pretty much can't go wrong. Either she knows it's nice and appreciates that she's accentuated it right, or she is insecure about it and if you think it looks good that way, she is reinforced to keep doing whatever she's doing to feel more secure about its presentation! :cool1:

One thing I'd like to hand out to men as a pointer for them...I notice a nice V-taper, nice chest/shoulders/arms. I think most women notice this at least subconsciously, though it may not be their so-called favorite thing, because men's physical power center is in that area (women's is centered more in their hips, thus the instinctive booty lure for men), so it is a sign of overall male strength. Anyway, if you've got a nice set of shoulders/arms, one way to show them off when it is not blisteringly hot out is to wear a snug-fitting knit fabric. Think Jack Bauer on 24. You can see the curves of his muscles right THROUGH his shirts, ooh-la la! I LOVE that!

Personally, I also have a thing for men with unusual features, very often of mixed heritage...think Dwayne Johnson (The Rock), Vin Diesel, etc., or for women, Jessica Alba! The Wilson brothers with their funky noses kinda qualify under the unusual features thing too.

Fine, so that was more like 15 cents. Ack! :respect:
Religion is a smile on a dog...

...and SeaDog is my copilot.

Live, Love, and Pet something furry that gives good kisses.

#160 AquaPup

AquaPup

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:8

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:18 PM

After a little practice, it is easy. My highest pair are 4 1/2 inches. I regularly walk to work in 3 and 4 inch stilletto heels...

OK... No more work will be done today with that mental image...

Hey, it's all very tasteful :D These are my favorite boots which I have been wearing a lot this winter. Heel height - 4 inches...

Love them!!! I don't know if I could pull them off though.

Don't worry, I'm sure if you were wearing them you'd have no problems finding someone to help you "pull them off". :respect:

Holy crap girl!! :cool1: I think my highest "CFMs" are about 4-4 1/2 inches, and I'm 5'9!! (so proportionate foot size). I have a hard enough time not having my ankles killing me the next day, I can only imagine how shorter women (which is most of them) with smaller feet--and thus a steeper angle to that size heel--don't wind up with malformed feet/ankles and arthritis.

I do regularly wear 3-3 1/2 inch heels when I go out, but that's my limit for anything I'll be walking in much (besides, there aren't that many guys over 6' out there, and I don't like feeling like I could bench press my date!). The others I now save for when I will mostly be sitting and someone can later "pull them off!!"
Religion is a smile on a dog...

...and SeaDog is my copilot.

Live, Love, and Pet something furry that gives good kisses.

#161 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

Holy crap girl!! :respect: I think my highest "CFMs" are about 4-4 1/2 inches, and I'm 5'9!! (so proportionate foot size). I have a hard enough time not having my ankles killing me the next day, I can only imagine how shorter women (which is most of them) with smaller feet--and thus a steeper angle to that size heel--don't wind up with malformed feet/ankles and arthritis.

I do regularly wear 3-3 1/2 inch heels when I go out, but that's my limit for anything I'll be walking in much (besides, there aren't that many guys over 6' out there, and I don't like feeling like I could bench press my date!). The others I now save for when I will mostly be sitting and someone can later "pull them off!!"

Don't worry Melissa - I am also 5'9" so my foot has the same proportion. Granted, my highest heels are over 5" but you will be happy to know I don't walk to work in those (although I did walk further than work in them one night when I didn't feel like taking a cab to the movie theatre... :cool1: ).

#162 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:45 PM

(besides, there aren't that many guys over 6' out there, and I don't like feeling like I could bench press my date!).

Actually, I am 6' 2". Or if you are blond I am 5' 14" (Makes the mental math easier for height difference comparisons)... :respect:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#163 JohnEric

JohnEric

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 23 August 2007 - 03:10 AM

:thankyou: ALWAYS THE EYES!!!!!!!!!
John Siggelow AKA Diver 1

#164 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:35 AM

I just chanced onto this thread. As a married man, I have to be very honest and say I didn't even know A) there are other women, B) they have parts or C) I would even be remotely interested.

That's my story, and SWMBO says I'm sticking to it.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#165 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:55 AM

I just look to make sure all the body parts are still properly attached and not scattered all over the floor. Oops, guess I need some coffee this morning.

Even the most attractive body parts won't make up for a poorly functioning mind. After all, the brain is the most important attractant in a woman. That's why I go for brunettes (just teasing, ladies).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users