• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

What do you notice first...?

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#121 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:26

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:11 PM

If they look like they could never take a dump in the woods (excuse me :teeth: ), then I don't think they would be for me.

:diver: So your saying you would consider dating a bear? :fish:

Well, kinda...but I've never seen one in scuba gear.

#122 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:16 PM

... however, Michelle, have you considered something like this?

Hmmm...why do I think I'm the only person here who would actually wear those?
I guess I'll never escape my NYC goth/punk roots!
:teeth:
:diver:
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#123 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Board Status:-
  • Cert Level:OW, Drysuit, Underwater Naturalist
  • Logged Dives:16 (pretty hard to dive where there's no water...)

Posted 27 March 2007 - 02:07 AM

If you like boots check out the Nu High Heels website. I am partial to the Desiree or Angel.

As for what gets my interest I think it would be smile, then eyes.
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#124 jholley309

jholley309

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:33 AM

Hmm. I should have been following this thread earlier, by the sound of it. :o

I always take a good look at the eyes first. I'm a sucker for pretty eyes. Raven black hair would be a close second, but only if it's naturally that color. Everything else...well, there's plenty of time to get to that later...

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#125 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:53 PM

Truefully, I think nothing attracks me physically to a person until I get to know them. It's a personality trait that attracks me and after I see that I really don't care what they look like. I think it has to do with confidence in yourself and taking pride in your work, no matter what kind of job you have. I really admire that in a person. I've dated some really ugly guys (what others would consider ugly) and I've dated some very nice looking ones. It's all about being sincere in what you do, not trying too hard to impress people, having that "take me as I am attitude" and above all else, how they treat other people of what might be considered of lesser status in life. People who value their education to the point of looking down on others--blah. I've worked with engineers and MBA's who wouldn't get off their A$$ and think. They haven't been taught to think! I can't tell you how many of those I've had to work with with--it's a revolving door with these people. Now on the other hand, give me a garage hacker with a high school education--and they get remarkable things accomplished. I think one of my favorite relationships was with a man who basically had nothing--he was a laboror in construction. Some would consider him beneath me (I got the looks at the company Christmas party), but the important thing is that I did not think him beneath me at all. In fact, he was someone I admired and respected because of the way he treated other people, and more importantly, he did not think he was beneath anyone. Well, all that, and then there's the dark eyes and hair, even though almost every one that I've been involved with has been a blonde or close to it. Go figure.

#126 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:57 PM

Hmm. I should have been following this thread earlier, by the sound of it. :cool1:

I always take a good look at the eyes first. I'm a sucker for pretty eyes. Raven black hair would be a close second, but only if it's naturally that color. Everything else...well, there's plenty of time to get to that later...

Cheers!

Jim

Oh Jim, would it count that my natural color used to be raven? LOL

Yes, I'm almost 50, but that's still too young for me (in my opinion) to go "natural." :usflag:

#127 echo3

echo3

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:17 PM

I'm with Stephi on this.

I consider the whole package when it's relationship time. Manners and attitude play a huge role.

that being said, I AM a guy and I know exactly the things that capture my attention... a Brunette in a ponytail is the number one attention getter for this guy. There are plenty of other factors, Eyes would probably be ranked #2.
"I'll fight it, but I won't kill it. Now, what about my dynamite?" - Steve Zissou

#128 jholley309

jholley309

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:20 PM

Yes, I'm almost 50, but that's still too young for me (in my opinion) to go "natural." :thankyou:

Hey, now! Watch it! :cheerleader:

:thankyou:

36. Almost completely gray. I refuse to color my hair; I earned every darn one of those gray hairs and I'm proud of 'em! :cool1:

Or in the words of one of my fellow field engineers: I don't really care what color they turn, as long as they don't turn loose.

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#129 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 29 March 2007 - 12:12 AM

Although physical features may catch my eye, I don't get really interested until I've had a chance to converse and to observe how she interacts with other people. Sometimes that comes out in her written words as well... and I'm hooked even before I see her in... dare I say it... the flesh!

#130 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:06 AM

Yes, I'm almost 50, but that's still too young for me (in my opinion) to go "natural." :thankyou:

Hey, now! Watch it! :cheerleader:

:thankyou:

36. Almost completely gray. I refuse to color my hair; I earned every darn one of those gray hairs and I'm proud of 'em! :cool1:

Or in the words of one of my fellow field engineers: I don't really care what color they turn, as long as they don't turn loose.

Cheers!

Jim

Well, that's the nice thing about being a man Jim...you look more "distinguished." Gray hair on a man is fine. Actually, some women too, but I'm one of those who keeps the very dark eyebrows so I look goofy.

#131 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:03 AM

Yes, I'm almost 50, but that's still too young for me (in my opinion) to go "natural." :D

Hey, now! Watch it! :welcome:

:P

36. Almost completely gray. I refuse to color my hair; I earned every darn one of those gray hairs and I'm proud of 'em! :)

Cheers!

Jim

Well, that's the nice thing about being a man Jim...you look more "distinguished." Gray hair on a man is fine. Actually, some women too, but I'm one of those who keeps the very dark eyebrows so I look goofy.

For all of us who are folliclely challanged........
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#132 randini

randini

Getting started

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI rescue and AAUS scientific diver
  • Logged Dives:about 250

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:47 AM

One of the first things I notice about someone is what they are wearing. I like it to be cotton and comfortable. This says a lot about what type of things they like to do. I like the out-doorsy type so starchy shirts just don't do it for me. If they look like they could never take a dump in the woods (excuse me :P ), then I don't think they would be for me. (Of course, they have to be considerate enough to cover it with a rock or something). :welcome:

OMG all my life Ie been looking for somebody with no qualms about discussing bodily functions in public. Damn geography.

Anyways, I was going to say the hands for a very similar reason. A woman with overly salon manicured nails is probably not going going to be into many of the activities I'm into (like enjoying the view while taking a dump in the woods). But as was later pointed out by stephi again, it would all come down to getting to know the person.

#133 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 05:56 PM

One of the first things I notice about someone is what they are wearing. I like it to be cotton and comfortable. This says a lot about what type of things they like to do. I like the out-doorsy type so starchy shirts just don't do it for me. If they look like they could never take a dump in the woods (excuse me :P ), then I don't think they would be for me. (Of course, they have to be considerate enough to cover it with a rock or something). :P

OMG all my life Ie been looking for somebody with no qualms about discussing bodily functions in public. Damn geography.

Anyways, I was going to say the hands for a very similar reason. A woman with overly salon manicured nails is probably not going going to be into many of the activities I'm into (like enjoying the view while taking a dump in the woods). But as was later pointed out by stephi again, it would all come down to getting to know the person.

It was my Aussie friend that did it to me. He always "popped off" in public and didn't think too much about it. And I was like, "popped off what?" I had to get over it. :D

#134 dive1dennis

dive1dennis

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:Deco Procedures / Intro to Cave
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:04 PM

OK OK I am in now. Just for the record I LOOK and LOOK but most of all can they hold a conversation!!! I know you think I am full of it but it's true I like to talk.

There's nothing wrong with being able to hold a conversation :) I want a man I can talk to about anything

Although physical features may catch my eye, I don't get really interested until I've had a chance to converse and to observe how she interacts with other people. Sometimes that comes out in her written words as well... and I'm hooked even before I see her in... dare I say it... the flesh!

OK, now some of you are thinking way to much! Simon's original question was what first catches your eye, across a room.
I can admit that I am attracted to physical traits long before someone so much as says a word. Don't get me wrong, I rapidly loose interest in someone who does not hold up the intellectual end of the bargain, but that first look. Ahhhh, sometimes it is best not to know any more. :D
For me it it is all about the butt. If she is a dark skinned brunette I melt :fish:
Dennis

#135 BoomhowerSpeaks

BoomhowerSpeaks

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:10

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:31 PM

... however, Michelle, have you considered something like this?

Hmmm...why do I think I'm the only person here who would actually wear those?
I guess I'll never escape my NYC goth/punk roots!
:cheerleader:
:fish:

Nothing wrong with a punk rock girl, that's pretty dang hot, especially with boots like those and a skirt :cheerleader:

sorry drifted off there for a second.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users