• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Real Men...

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:29 PM

Well, I hear "What an ass!" quite often when I walk by a group of women...

sadly, I don't think it's a compliment...

:cheerleader:

Such a pessimist...

#32 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:39 PM

:)

Well, I hear "What an ass!" quite often when I walk by a group of women...

sadly, I don't think it's a compliment...

Such a pessimist...

he is, isnt' he??

I thought you had quite the nice ass, George

oh and your personality is stellar too! :lmao:

#33 jonjon

jonjon

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Cert Level:dive master
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:40 PM

Well, I hear "What an ass!" quite often when I walk by

My ex-girlfriend!!

#34 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:40 PM

Why is this? We cannot interpret what you are thinking ladies, unless you are able to verbalize it clearly.

Let's just wait for the Wench to get back... She will tell us what to think... :)

:lmao:

#35 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:56 PM

Moose I am very impressed with your list, I just need to make a few adjustments..
A real man can…

Change oil in his car And mine too, and wash it
Can protect himself if need be And will protect Me(but tries to walk away first)
Knows how to merge in trafficWithout screaming at the other cars
Can take a hit ?????
Most importantly, be a friend to all that know himAnd especially a best friend to me
He will be honest
He will be kind
He will be a diver
He will be a great lover

I could go on and on, but that might reveal a little too much info about me! :cheerleader:

#36 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:ow plus
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:45 PM

Well I am a perfect match for cmt4??, and can fufill most of Mosse's and scubapunks list, but this is a single's site and not a single's site.

There is no perfect man or woman. The expectations are too high that no one will ever be able to attain them. Todays woman want everything perfect right now, she wants it her way and she wants it now and shes not happy when she gets it.

Single people are looking for their parents, their role models for the perfect mate. The problem is with the time that we are in is that families have been destroyed and there are no more role models anymore; broken homes with single mothers and astranged fathers, deadbeat dads and the flavor of the month. You want a woman like mom, who had sex the first time on her wedding night with your one dad...who kept the house...feed everybody and kept them healthy. Like dad who bought a $5000 house and paid for all of the food and cloths and vacations on $5.00 an hour, who came straight home from work to be with his family.

I love the line about waiting for WW to get back to tell us what to do; but its your life, don't listen to your friends and loose the one love of your life because they are jelous of your happieness.

Bottom line: are you waiting for the impossible or forgetting whats in front of you? Don't jump into anything, time does reveal the true person you are interested in. Its not a race, life can be LONELY, but the legal and mental trials will drain and bitter you. I am not telling anyone to settle but I love the Otis line in "the devils rejects" movie...my standards are pretty low, so I am never disappointed.
jeff aka nice-diver

#37 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:56 PM

Well gee, I thought it was already established - Real Men don't eat quiche! (And real women don't pump gas!)
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#38 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:24 AM

Well gee, I thought it was already established - Real Men don't eat quiche! (And real women don't pump gas!)

No, but they do wear pumps... :o
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#39 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:OW working on AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:58 AM

Wow, shadragon, did I set you off on SB with my looking for real men comment? I was giving Scott a hard time in the thread about where are all the single women divers when I said we are off in the cold low vis green water looking for "real men". I meant no offense but it. He is alway off diving in great locations, warm clear water all over the world and I was taking a little stab at him. In other words the women are in a different location from where he is and he might need to dive in some less than ideal conditions to find one who is looking! Although in the cold green low vis, the women will still be hard to find.

Two threads on two different boards started off my comment! Woo HOO!

Edited by UnderSeaBumbleBee, 13 February 2007 - 10:01 AM.

#40 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:22 AM

What can I say... You are inspirational... :o
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#41 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:28 AM

Wow, shadragon, did I set you off on SB with my looking for real men comment? I was giving Scott a hard time in the thread about where are all the single women divers when I said we are off in the cold low vis green water looking for "real men". I meant no offense but it. He is alway off diving in great locations, warm clear water all over the world and I was taking a little stab at him. In other words the women are in a different location from where he is and he might need to dive in some less than ideal conditions to find one who is looking! Although in the cold green low vis, the women will still be hard to find.

Geez, Leah... I hope your "little stab" wasn't life threatening to Scott!

If I had the money, I'd do more dive travel to warmer waters like Scott, but my first love would always be the kelp forests of Catalina. They are more subtle than coral reefs, but equally beautiful on those days when the canopy filters sunlight through it. I call them my cathedral and that's where you'll find me every Sunday (not to mention the other six days of the week).

Hmmm... I've got tons of equity in my house. All I'd have to do is sell it and travel the world for the rest of my life. Scott, what's your next trip?

#42 UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:OW working on AOW
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:46 AM

What can I say... You are inspirational... :o

Glad I could inspire you!!

Anyway, to answer your question of what a real man is or real woman is, I think it depends on the person and what they are looking for as to what they consider "real". It is based on our past experiences and our personal value set. It is a very subjective thing.

Maybe one day, I will find my "real man", until then I am going on living and diving!-- and having a great time of it too!!!! I might add!! You need to be happy in and of yourself. Another person might enhance your happiness, but they won't make you happy.

#43 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:46 PM

Why is it that the vast majority of things that make women happiest, seem to be "undefinable, or indescribable", but yet they expect men to not only be able to do them, but also to know when to do them and when they aren't doing it quite right?

I've always found this quite curious.

Another curiousity to me is that women invariable describe men as poor communicators in relationships, yet when men ask things like, "What's wrong?" the answer is often nothing, yet the woman expects the man to ignore this answer, *search his heart and mind*, figure out what's wrong, and then fix it.

Clearly these are stereotypes, but they are born of real scenarios played out in tens of thousands of relationships.

The Post of the Year. Period.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#44 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:59 PM

No, but they do wear pumps... :o

Actually, I never understood the quiche eating part. All it is, basically, is scrambled egg pie with various stuff in it. So my response has always been "Real Men eat whatever they like and don't care what others think if they eat quiche!"

Edited by Brinybay, 13 February 2007 - 08:49 PM.

"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#45 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:00 PM

The Post of the Year. Period.

It's early yet, give me some time.

Edited by PerroneFord, 13 February 2007 - 02:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users