• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Whats makes a soul mate?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 mantarraya

mantarraya

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:>100

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:32 AM

. . . and I wonder why Hallmark won't hire me. :)

Well, maybe you could still get a job writing fortune cookie fortunes. They don't have to be good, or for that matter, even relevant (I got one that said "Happy Bar Mitzvah, Jerry" one time - my name is not Jerry and I wasn't attending a bar mitzvah).
Back after a long absence - whew, too busy at work!

#32 Indydivegal

Indydivegal

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:<24

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:41 AM

Okay, going on a limb here.......I do believe in souls, however.......I have always thought souls were what we become in the after life - so with that isn't a "soulmate" a person we find in the after life? I have never believed in a soulmate while living in the present. I do believe there is a "lifemate" for me here in the now, but a "soulmate" for in the after life.....
"A man is as good as he has to be, and a woman as bad as she dares."

#33 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:06 AM

Souls and the afterlife? Well, like the song says, "If there's life after this, I'll be waiting there with a warm wet kiss." Or something to that effect.
DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#34 Indydivegal

Indydivegal

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 08:38 PM

Souls and the afterlife? Well, like the song says, "If there's life after this, I'll be waiting there with a warm wet kiss." Or something to that effect.

At this point I would settle for a luke warm one! LOL

#35 kevininpo

kevininpo

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:40 PM

l'll start the line
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#36 Indydivegal

Indydivegal

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:47 PM

l'll start the line

:lmao: :D

#37 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:40 PM

Wouldn't it suck if souls and soul mates existed. Just think, somewhere on the planet 1 perfect match for you existed. You know your life won't be totally complete until you find this one person among the 2.5 billion choices (5 billion if you are bi) Even if you could meet a potential match every minute it could take over 4700 years. So if soul mates do exists - the odds of someone finding theirs is so staggeringly small that it's best not to think about it. This also means that the odd of someone you think is your soul mate, actually being your soul mate is just as amazingly small so it's probably just self delusion.

. . . and I wonder why Hallmark won't hire me. :P

However, you're a smart man, 'Hawk. When bank robber Willie Sutton was asked why he robbed banks, he replied "that's where the money is." Which explains why if you're trying to find a soulmate you work where you do! :D
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#38 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 20 March 2007 - 01:36 AM

Wouldn't it suck if souls and soul mates existed. Just think, somewhere on the planet 1 perfect match for you existed. You know your life won't be totally complete until you find this one person among the 2.5 billion choices (5 billion if you are bi) Even if you could meet a potential match every minute it could take over 4700 years. So if soul mates do exists - the odds of someone finding theirs is so staggeringly small that it's best not to think about it. This also means that the odd of someone you think is your soul mate, actually being your soul mate is just as amazingly small so it's probably just self delusion.

. . . and I wonder why Hallmark won't hire me. :D

However, you're a smart man, 'Hawk. When bank robber Willie Sutton was asked why he robbed banks, he replied "that's where the money is." Which explains why if you're trying to find a soulmate you work where you do! :sleepy:

:P The funny part is that Willy is one of my relatives. I guess it runs in the family.
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#39 Stephi

Stephi

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:26

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:33 PM

I've concluded there's not one for me, so I just look for dive buddies and that way, I get to control my own remote. :unsure:

#40 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:45 PM

A new fantasy may be developing... one of my dive buddies has asked for two dates. Could be the "real thing" (a date that is). I'll keep you posted. If that doesn't work, I have another fanta-sea brewing in Singapore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users