• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Musical Interludes...

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:39 AM

I heard of an MP3 player that you can wear when SCUBA diving. I am trying to get more details, but thought an aspect of that would make a good discussion thread. Seeing as WW is not here to stop me I thought I would be crazy and ask. :cool2:

If you had such a device, but only had the time or opportunity to download ONE song before submerging in your favorite dive spot, what would it be?

For me it is easy: Pink Floyd - Breathe in the air... (And no... Not just because of the title... :P )

You?
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#2 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:58 AM

I dive to enjoy the "Silent World." The thought of taking an MP3 player under water is an abomination to me (although for those who want to, it's fine with me).

I know iRiver has an underwater MP3 player that they are closing out. I've heard about it from other divers and think you can find it with a search on ScubaBoard.com.

Edited by drbill, 15 February 2007 - 09:59 AM.

#3 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:02 AM

I just think it is task overloading for me since I like to shoot photos, and like Bill, I enjoy the sound of my bubbles. If I had a rebreather, I guess I would enjoy the silence. :cool2:

I would use one for swimming laps though since that gets boring.

#4 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:14 AM

I would use one for swimming laps though since that gets boring.

...and which song?

Just thought if you were Wreck or Cave Diving then Queen - Under Pressure would be appropriatte.
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#5 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:16 AM

Several RB divers I know have gotten the iRivers, as well as some who do long deco. Having a few hours of deco obligations might be easier to face if you could listen to your favorite tunes.

#6 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:26 AM

I think I'd dive with Bon Jovi's "Who says you can't go home"

We had a guy dive with one in Cozumel a year ago and his dive buddy said she could hear the music too. So, now you'd have to make sure your dive buddy has the same musical preferences too!

#7 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:28 AM

Several RB divers I know have gotten the iRivers, as well as some who do long deco. Having a few hours of deco obligations might be easier to face if you could listen to your favorite tunes.

I"ve heard of divers reading books while doing long deco as well

#8 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:31 AM

I"ve heard of divers reading books while doing long deco as well

Instructor of mine told me he sealed a hand held Frogger game into a couple of Ziplock bags. He purged too much air out and when he came out of the depths found that all the keys were pressed into the unit and ruined it.

#9 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:03 AM

Hmmm... I'd have to go with the song that's on my myspace page: Lamb of God's Walk With Me In Hell

You can hear that and a couple of their other toe-tappers at:
http://www.myspace.com/lambofgod
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#10 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:07 AM

Hmmm... I'd have to go with the song that's on my myspace page: Lamb of God's Walk With Me In Hell

That's a toe-tapper all right!

#11 Pony Girl

Pony Girl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:AI and DM, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:270

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:57 AM

Ocean Floor by Audio Adrenaline :banghead:
Pony Girl

#12 Pony Girl

Pony Girl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:AI and DM, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:270

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:59 AM

EGADS!!! Blew my speakers right off the desk . . .
Pony Girl

#13 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:ow plus
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:35 PM

Most of my dive gear is used...why would I buy a $300 radio for the hour that I'm underwater. Its not the time or place for it; and I love and need music.
jeff aka nice-diver

#14 jonjon

jonjon

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Cert Level:dive master
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 15 February 2007 - 10:43 PM

If you are doing some tech diving wouldn't techno seem to be the music of choice? I know of one song titled "the dolphin's" beautiful music. I am more inclined to agree with DrBill, the silent world is what I seek when diving.

#15 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:06 AM

If you are doing some tech diving wouldn't techno seem to be the music of choice? I know of one song titled "the dolphin's" beautiful music. I am more inclined to agree with DrBill, the silent world is what I seek when diving.

Don't get me wrong, I have every Paul Van Dyk CD and download in existence, but diving would be a low energy thing in my mind. Enigma, or ERA would seem to be a better choice than high tempo - deep bass trance. I would choose that for the SI in the evening... Gregorian chants with a subtle rock beat would work better for me under the water.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users