• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Musical Interludes...

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 jholley309

jholley309

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:54 PM

If you had such a device, but only had the time or opportunity to download ONE song before submerging in your favorite dive spot, what would it be?

See, now that would never work for me. One song would be like teasing me with a 5 minute dive: "This is what it would be like if you could really dive!"

So, I'd have to cheat and load three: "La Villa Strangiato", "YYZ", and "Where's My Thing?". All Rush instrumentals, and all just begging to acompany me as I whizzed around with a scooter.

Cool! And just for kicks, we could crank up "2112" in it's entirety on a nice deep dive just as the narcosis was kicking in...:cheerleader:

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#17 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:ow plus
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:08 PM

Let me know when "they" come out with an underwater dvd player so I can watch a show about exotic warm clear water while i am in a pitch black mud bottom lake chasing salamanders.
jeff aka nice-diver

#18 netmage

netmage

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech & Cave
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:16 PM

If you had such a device, but only had the time or opportunity to download ONE song before submerging in your favorite dive spot, what would it be?

See, now that would never work for me. One song would be like teasing me with a 5 minute dive: "This is what it would be like if you could really dive!"

So, I'd have to cheat and load three: "La Villa Strangiato", "YYZ", and "Where's My Thing?". All Rush instrumentals, and all just begging to acompany me as I whizzed around with a scooter.

Cool! And just for kicks, we could crank up "2112" in it's entirety on a nice deep dive just as the narcosis was kicking in...:usflag:

Cheers!

Jim

:flirt:

:flirt: -Tim (netmage2112@---------.com)
"I aim to misbehave...."

#19 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:15 PM

...and which song?

Without reading the whole thread.... Octopuses Garden
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#20 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:54 PM

lets see if i could load a cd it would be the best of queen.

if i could onlyu load one song it would be the loooooooooooooooooooooong version of another brick in the wall oh yeah 14:23 good way to kill some time.

just make sure theres no instrumental or i will fall asleep in no time (no good on a deco hang). The book thing sounds like a good idea but kinda would disolve itself while reading.

eh FWIW

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#21 BoomhowerSpeaks

BoomhowerSpeaks

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:10

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:09 PM

Bobby Darin "Beyond the Sea"

#22 Piz

Piz

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:?? 200+

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:45 AM

Hmmm... I'd have to go with the song that's on my myspace page: Lamb of God's Walk With Me In Hell

You can hear that and a couple of their other toe-tappers at:
http://www.myspace.com/lambofgod

OMG it's fluffy bunny music!!! :iagree: I like it though. Some of the stuff my brother listens to you can't even understand the singer. At least these guys you could understand most of the lyrics.

If I had to only take ONE song it would be I Will Not Go Quietly by the Whitlams

#23 foogirl

foogirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:48 AM

I think anything by pink floyd would be appropriate for me lol

#24 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:36 AM

OMG, Jamie has a myspace page?

As for my musical tastes, IMHO there hasn't been much in the way of good music created since the mid 70's. Yep, I'm still "stuck" in the 60's... well, except for all the drugs. Diving is my drug of choice and I'm quite addicted as most of you know!

On a separate (musical) "note," I wonder what SD members think about dive boats that play various forms of music over underwater speakers while divers are down? A diver mentioned that a dive op here on the island did that and I said I felt it was very inappropriate to intrude upon the underwater world with human music (or any other sound for that matter) over underwater loudspeakers. Divers wearing personal UW iPods or the equivalent are fine since they don't subject other divers, or marine life, to such "abuse."

Fortunately that dive op is run by a company whose board chairman is a former marine biology student of mine so I was able to suggest it was not a good idea.

Edited by drbill, 27 May 2007 - 08:37 AM.

#25 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 27 May 2007 - 08:41 AM

On a separate (musical) "note," I wonder what SD members think about dive boats that play various forms of music over underwater speakers while divers are down?

If all the divers agree to the playlist then life is good. We did this with Queen playing on a drift dive and that was a nice change for all. However, if some folks just want serenity and the sound of open circuit bubbles then that should be respected.
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#26 netmage

netmage

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 10:43 AM

On a separate (musical) "note," I wonder what SD members think about dive boats that play various forms of music over underwater speakers while divers are down?

If all the divers agree to the playlist then life is good. We did this with Queen playing on a drift dive and that was a nice change for all. However, if some folks just want serenity and the sound of open circuit bubbles then that should be respected.

I have been known to start humming 'Xanadu' when cave diving in Telford.... Rush - not Olivia-Newton John...

'To seek the sacred river Alph
To walk the caves of ice
To break my fast on honeydew
And drink the milk of Paradise...'
"I aim to misbehave...."

#27 tdtexas

tdtexas

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:152 Bluewater, not counting lake/quarry dives

Posted 27 May 2007 - 10:57 AM

I guess "Down With The Sickness" by Disturbed would be a bad choice! :fish:
Live Life To The Fullest, ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!!!

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No, his mind is not for rent to any god or govement. Alway hopeful yet discontent. He knows changes are never permanent, but change is.

N. Peart

#28 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:21 PM

I think my choice would depend on the dive I was making. For example, when I was in a swift current (fortunately, it was a drift dive) in Cozumel, I though that Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone" would have been perfect. On an early morning dive, "Heart of the Sunrise" by Yes would be ideal.

Rick

:fish:

#29 netmage

netmage

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:34 PM

I guess "Down With The Sickness" by Disturbed would be a bad choice! :fish:

I had a dive day like that.... 2am and 12 beers at the bar the night before pretty much set the tone for the day.... Never again....
"I aim to misbehave...."

#30 tdtexas

tdtexas

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:152 Bluewater, not counting lake/quarry dives

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:53 PM

I have been known to start humming 'Xanadu' when cave diving in Telford.... Rush - not Olivia-Newton John...

'To seek the sacred river Alph
To walk the caves of ice
To break my fast on honeydew
And drink the milk of Paradise...'

Good choice. :cheerleader:

Glad you clarified, the comment "gay" almost came out! :)
Live Life To The Fullest, ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!!!

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No, his mind is not for rent to any god or govement. Alway hopeful yet discontent. He knows changes are never permanent, but change is.

N. Peart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users