• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

06/07 5th Annual PNW Underwater Treasure Hunt, HH, & 2-Tank SD Boat Dive (FULL!)

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#76 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:05 AM

I will know tomorrow on the twin, argon, sling fees.
I have the shop working on it ~ They reassured me it would not be an issue.

diveAK ~ If you have a size requirement on the twins.. now is the time to share it.

Lighthouse ~ Tacoma is a great dive shop {I got my OW cert from them so many years ago}
but they really are only a "recreational" shop.

If you want anything that might be considered "tech" gear they are not the shop to contact.
"tech" covers twins, or argon... etc...

ahhhh....see you are the GURU! The GG GURU.... :o
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#77 DIVEAK

DIVEAK

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AI also GUE: DSAT: TDI: EFR /AED Instructor
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:28 AM

I will know tomorrow on the twin, argon, sling fees.
I have the shop working on it ~ They reassured me it would not be an issue.

diveAK ~ If you have a size requirement on the twins.. now is the time to share it.

Lighthouse ~ Tacoma is a great dive shop {I got my OW cert from them so many years ago}
but they really are only a "recreational" shop.

If you want anything that might be considered "tech" gear they are not the shop to contact.
"tech" covers twins, or argon... etc...

I dive with Worthington HP 100's but LP 104's is fine or even LP 80's; 120's whatever... I am flexible but more importantly I want a contemporary DIN isolation valve. With all of that, it is most important to me to match up with my buddy. If the person or people I am diving with is/are diving a single tank, then that will be fine. I will dive a single tank also. I hope the dive plan is max 100' and then 32% Nitrox will be fine. So, if no one else is diving doubles then, forget it. I will go with the flow. The one thing that would be nice would be to get Argon in a 6cf bottle with a DIN valve... But even that is not a deal killer. I can fill my dry suit with back gas if I need to. I just need to know what is going on and I will adjust. I need to know what gear to bring. My only hard and fast thing is that I do not dive with air. I really appreciate your efforts and if I am to big of a pain, just let me know.
Thanks!
DiveAK

#78 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:22 PM

It is unlikely there will be other double divers on board. The few I can think of that might attend are not trained similar to you in dive planning or buddy styles/communication.

I will also not be bringing doubles, since most everyone is likely to be diving with single tanks. :)
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#79 DIVEAK

DIVEAK

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:33 PM

It is unlikely there will be other double divers on board. The few I can think of that might attend are not trained similar to you in dive planning or buddy styles/communication.

I will also not be bringing doubles, since most everyone is likely to be diving with single tanks. :)

All righty then! Singles will work. Can we get steel tanks? 80's; 95's 120's whatever? 32% Nitrox?
We don't need to drive all over the county if we can score the above at the nearby dive shop.

#80 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:38 AM

DIVEAK ~ I will call the shop back and cancel the doubles request.
I will ask about 32% Nitrox in Steel with DIN... (the PNW preferred valve :fish2: )
That should be an easy request to fill.

Size of steels shouldn't be an issue.... What size are you wanting?
80, 72, 100, 120 might even be able to grab a few 130's... :)

I think the argon bottle will be a 13 cu I will check to see if it can also be DIN.
As for being a pain.... I think I found my gear sherpa for the day.... :cool1:

DG ~ I don't think I have ever been called a ggg before... :)
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#81 DIVEAK

DIVEAK

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 02:13 AM

All righty then! Singles will work. Can we get steel tanks? 80's; 95's 120's whatever? 32% Nitrox?
We don't need to drive all over the county if we can score the above at the nearby dive shop.

Gosh. I am sorry to send you off on a mission... If/since we are diving singles, I do not need DIN. Yoke or DIN will work just fine. I believe I can make a 13CF Argon bottle work but it would be a lot easier if it was DIN. So, if there is any other way I can confuse you, annoy you, or otherwise mess you up, please let me know. Annoying beautiful women seems to be my specialty talent.

#82 DIVEAK

DIVEAK

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 02:17 AM

Gosh. I am sorry to send you off on a mission... If/since we are diving singles, I do not need DIN. Yoke or DIN will work just fine. I believe I can make a 13CF Argon bottle work but it would be a lot easier if it was DIN. So, if there is any other way I can confuse you, annoy you, or otherwise mess you up, please let me know. Annoying beautiful women seems to be my specialty talent.

Oh by the way... As far as tank size... I will take the biggest steel tank I can get. If they have 130's then perfect.

#83 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:36 AM

Oh by the way... As far as tank size... I will take the biggest steel tank I can get. If they have 130's then perfect.

There are several ways you could annoy me further but I will not share those just yet. :cool1:
As for confusing me.. you haven't done it yet... I use to "herd" engineers... so far you have been easy.

Is there a reason you want a huge tank?? I will see if they have 130's.
hmmm no opinion on valves... :) I am pretty sure I can get DIN.

I did ask for a smaller argon and was told that 13 cf would probably be what you get.
I wonder if I actually go in and ask.. if a 6 cf would become available. :)

I will keep you posted.

#84 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:22 AM

GGG you rock! :)

#85 DIVEAK

DIVEAK

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:19 PM

There are several ways you could annoy me further but I will not share those just yet. :diver:
As for confusing me.. you haven't done it yet... I use to "herd" engineers... so far you have been easy.

hmmm no opinion on valves... :thankyou: I am pretty sure I can get DIN.

I did ask for a smaller argon and was told that 13 cf would probably be what you get.
I wonder if I actually go in and ask.. if a 6 cf would become available. :thankyou:

I will keep you posted.

I don't "need" a huge tank. I will take one if that is what they have. Basic philosophy/thought is that more is better. I am good with whatever they have, so long as it is steel and contains nitrox. I will not need that much (13cf) Argon for 2 dives... But, I will adjust. I will have adapters so I can make DIN into a yoke and visa versa if necessary. However, A Yoke valve for the back gas tank and a DIN valve for the Argon would work best.

#86 DIVEAK

DIVEAK

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:48 PM

There are several ways you could annoy me further but I will not share those just yet. :birthday:

hmmm no opinion on valves... :twist: I am pretty sure I can get DIN.

I wonder if I actually go in and ask.. if a 6 cf would become available. :twist:

I will keep you posted.

I don't "need" a huge tank. I will take one if that is what they have. Basic philosophy/thought is that more is better. I am good with whatever they have, so long as it is steel and contains nitrox. I will not need that much (13cf) Argon for 2 dives... But, I will adjust. I will have adapters so I can make DIN into a yoke and visa versa if necessary. However, A Yoke valve for the back gas tank and a DIN valve for the Argon would work best.

One more last question, what are the water temps?
ty
Diveak

#87 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:49 AM

I was out today.
Vis was crap. Gotta love spring and a huge exchange when diving the PNW.

Water temps... I think it was about 49 today.

#88 DIVEAK

DIVEAK

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:47 PM

I was out today.
Vis was crap. Gotta love spring and a huge exchange when diving the PNW.

Water temps... I think it was about 49 today.

I dove Sunday in Resurection Bay. Vis was also crap. Temps about 41. Beautiful day on the water. Sea Lions were very aggressive!
The more I think about this, the more I think that I have made things too hard for one day of diving in June. If the water temps are in the high 40's, we consider that toasty up here and Argon is totally optional. If they can't put it in a 6 cf bottle and I am diving Nitrox, then It really is not nessesary, especially If I am putting you thru hell. So, it is all a big whatever for me at this point. Just get me whatever everyone else has I will shut up. If they do have a 6cf bottle then I want it. I do not need to cause issues for getting and returning the tank. So, use the close to dive site shop that everyone else is. In any case, I owe you dinner.
Diveak

#89 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:18 PM

Water temps should easily pop to low 50s by late June. Few people I know dive Argon on a regular basis. Those who do are typically photographers (more stationary), divers planning longer deco dives, and those who are set up to dive it regularly.

#90 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:51 AM

My friend Shane has signed on for this boat dive! Divers, if you haven't sent in your checks to Single Divers (instructions noted in the first post) - please do to secure your spots so since we are only a few weeks away. :cheerleader:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users