• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

06/07 5th Annual PNW Underwater Treasure Hunt, HH, & 2-Tank SD Boat Dive (FULL!)

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#46 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:23 AM

I am negotiable on the booth time... I suspect you can talk me into it. I will need supervision though.
and I do want to go diving. Any DIR divers going on this one?
Also, I will need assistance with lodging. Or at least a referral...
Thanks!
DiveAK

Great! The booth runs early to 4pm. Then we need a few people to break the booth down and a few to get over to the Happy Hour and get it started! :teeth: You know...BEFORE the mob gets there and get appeitizers ordered etc.

So we have you on the list for the Sunday dive...are you planning to dive the Treasure Hunt?

On lodging roger your request....as we get closer we'll get a handle on who needs lodging so we can work it out for everyone. :o

And thanks gis_gal for helping with the rental needs! :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#47 DIVEAK

DIVEAK

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AI also GUE: DSAT: TDI: EFR /AED Instructor
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:19 PM

I am negotiable on the booth time... I suspect you can talk me into it. I will need supervision though.
and I do want to go diving. Any DIR divers going on this one?
Also, I will need assistance with lodging. Or at least a referral...
Thanks!
DiveAK

Great! The booth runs early to 4pm. Then we need a few people to break the booth down and a few to get over to the Happy Hour and get it started! :2cool: You know...BEFORE the mob gets there and get appeitizers ordered etc.

So we have you on the list for the Sunday dive...are you planning to dive the Treasure Hunt?

On lodging roger your request....as we get closer we'll get a handle on who needs lodging so we can work it out for everyone. :cool2:

And thanks gis_gal for helping with the rental needs! :usflag:

I would like to dive the treasure hunt as well... pending acquisition of a buddy... Whatever works.
it would seem I should book air in on Friday and depart monday. Or is there anything going on on either side of the weekend?
DiveAK

#48 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:38 AM

DG ~ Let me know if you need me to do this or if you are handling it :D

Thank you for handling it since I am not from/in that area. You are superfab GG!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#49 kevininpo

kevininpo

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:30 PM

DG ~ Let me know if you need me to do this or if you are handling it :cool2:

Thank you for handling it since I am not from/in that area. You are superfab GG!

ok GG...100% on the dive...do l pay Rick directly?
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#50 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:44 PM

DG ~ Let me know if you need me to do this or if you are handling it :cool2:

ok GG...100% on the dive...do l pay Rick directly?

Hey Kevininpo glad you are making the trip! You pay SingleDivers.com for your spot. See the first post for details if you need them.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#51 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:48 PM

I would like to dive the treasure hunt as well... pending acquisition of a buddy... Whatever works.
it would seem I should book air in on Friday and depart monday. Or is there anything going on on either side of the weekend?
DiveAK

Hey Mark, I will be arriving on Friday and departing Monday but I'm doing set up work for the show and what not. However since we have a few peeps flying in to join us...we might have enough people to do some sightseeing if you like. I'd consider staying an extra day to go diving but not sure my schedule will allow it and I doubt that the PNW boats run on the weekdays if you aren't giving them a full boat. Primarily thinking out loud...any thoughts?

formerly...

#52 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:37 AM

UPDATE: ONLY 3 SPOTS REMAIN OPEN FOR THE BOAT DIVES!!!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#53 DIVEAK

DIVEAK

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AI also GUE: DSAT: TDI: EFR /AED Instructor
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:25 PM

DiveAK

Hey Mark, I will be arriving on Friday and departing Monday but I'm doing set up work for the show and what not. However since we have a few peeps flying in to join us...we might have enough people to do some sightseeing if you like. I'd consider staying an extra day to go diving but not sure my schedule will allow it and I doubt that the PNW boats run on the weekdays if you aren't giving them a full boat. Primarily thinking out loud...any thoughts?

It seems like there is going to be some "running around" required to get tanks... Since I am just getting back from Grenada... I should probably get back to work on Monday...I am using up my "brownie points" I am thinking coming in Friday PM and leaving early Monday AM is what I should do. I have not scheduled flights but there is flexibility with Alaska
DiveAk

#54 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:27 PM

Day Island would be great if the currents are right. Sunrise may also be a good place. I have never dove it from the water side (I realize that that statement made no sense to anyone who hasn't been there). As much as I love Dalco, I think that the drop there and North Wall would be too much for me right now. Zee's Reef is always a nice second dive.

Honestly, I don't care for Dalco as there isn't really that much to see and when accomodating a group of divers with varying levels, especially divers who are crazy enough to come in from Texas and only dive cold water only once a year... :) Dalco is not a choice I would make. There is so much more to see in our waters at other sites and since we only have two dives to show off our waters, I say show them the best sites we can. Plus good critter watching sites accomodates photographers like FBP. The suggestions of Day Island and Sunrise are leading the top of most lists. Zees is always a solid critter performing dive and not that deep nor too much water movement. I'll email Rick to get his thoughts.

Sounds like you are getting back on your feet and maybe back in your fins? I do know a better way to spend your topside time, come work the booth with us Saturday! :)

Ditto. I can't commit to the dive though, sorry to say. Too hard to get a day off that far in advance, I work weekends. But the HH is a definite possibility.
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#55 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:37 PM

Well George and I have officially booked and paid for our room for that weekend :) See everyone there!

Where? In your room? Wouldn't that be a little too...cozy?

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#56 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:39 PM

Well George and I have officially booked and paid for our room for that weekend :) See everyone there!

Where? In your room? Wouldn't that be a little too...cozy?

:) :dance: :dance:

#57 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:00 PM

It seems like there is going to be some "running around" required to get tanks... Since I am just getting back from Grenada... I should probably get back to work on Monday...I am using up my "brownie points" I am thinking coming in Friday PM and leaving early Monday AM is what I should do. I have not scheduled flights but there is flexibility with Alaska
DiveAk

I'll most likely return early Monday am as well via AA if I can do it. Have not looked at flights yet.

formerly...

#58 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:02 PM

Ditto. I can't commit to the dive though, sorry to say. Too hard to get a day off that far in advance, I work weekends. But the HH is a definite possibility.

Greg I hope you can make it! I know you can't commit until closer to the date...and you know we always have some flexibility on this trip meaning someone signs up and then can't make it so I have my fingers crossed you'll be able to join us! Besides you were a great dive buddy last year! :)

formerly...

#59 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:47 PM

DiveAk

I'll most likely return early Monday am as well via AA if I can do it. Have not looked at flights yet.

Traveling divers - please don't forget your surface time requirement between dives and flights! We have an afternoon boat on Sunday which puts us diving between 3-5pm (end by 6pm). 18 hours minimum (DAN recommendation for multiple dives/single day) puts you at a noon flight time or later on Monday.

This is just a courtesy cautionary note - you are all certified divers responsible for your own dive plans and flight plan.

#60 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:52 PM

Greg I hope you can make it! I know you can't commit until closer to the date...and you know we always have some flexibility on this trip meaning someone signs up and then can't make it so I have my fingers crossed you'll be able to join us! Besides you were a great dive buddy last year! :cheerleader:

Was that just last year? I guess it was, seems longer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users