• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SD Members on myspace??

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#16 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 27 May 2007 - 01:47 PM

I was ignoring this thread. Then caught this;

BlackLatexOzdiver http://www.myspace.com/vk6wpx

Wondering how many licensed hams are on this site?

so... I will say I am (these are my NON-business sites)
http://www.wb9jtk.net radio & electronics
http://www.wb9jtk.com more radio & electronics
http://www.alandewey.net motorcycles, radio, motorcycles, electronics and motorcycles and some motorcycles.

But I am most proud of is that my cat taught me to give him treats when he plays the piano; http://www.wb9jtk.com/pianocat.html

Edited by Racer184, 27 May 2007 - 01:48 PM.

#17 Blackhawk

Blackhawk

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 10:14 PM

http://www.myspace.com/aikidiver
I put my right foot in, I put my left foot out, I do the aikipokey and throw you all about :D

#18 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Board Status:-
  • Cert Level:OW, Drysuit, Underwater Naturalist
  • Logged Dives:16 (pretty hard to dive where there's no water...)

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:18 AM

Formerly VK6JIP and took my late father's callsign (VK6ZBP) when he passed away.
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#19 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:09 AM

Well the lady asked about Myspace members - don't have a dive blog or radio license, just a cell phone number and some slide shows and videos on my home page here: http://www.myspace.com/tex57cowboy

DrBill, you really should look at mine for ideas. It'd be a nice place to show off your far superior works.
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#20 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:32 AM

awww whats with the negativity on the myspace.. i just got into to stay in touch with all of my friends.. thats my allure lol anyways ttyl

I suspect the biggest thing about MySpace, FaceBook and all the other social sites is it lets people you know (and many you do not) see what you are up to without actually contacting you. Lets you live vicariously through others in effect. If someone wants to know what I am up to then they can drop me an email, call or ~gasp~ actually get together in-person.

Plus, there are a few folks in my past that I do not want to know where I am or what I am up to. :fish:
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#21 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 07:57 AM

Plus, there are a few folks in my past that I do not want to know where I am or what I am up to. :fish:

That's why my page is bare-bones. :diver:
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#22 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:30 AM

That's why my page is bare-bones. :)

How Not To Be Seen...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#23 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:04 AM

I suspect the biggest thing about MySpace, FaceBook and all the other social sites is it lets people you know (and many you do not) see what you are up to without actually contacting you. Lets you live vicariously through others in effect. If someone wants to know what I am up to then they can drop me an email, call or ~gasp~ actually get together in-person.

Plus, there are a few folks in my past that I do not want to know where I am or what I am up to. :)

I guess I'm just old... fashioned. I greatly prefer more "personal" contact with friends that want to catch up, because I want to know how they are as well. I guess that's why I may send out as many as 200 e-mails in a day. Of course it's much more fun when they visit in person (as long as they are divers). And I've been creating web pages since late '92 or early '93.

#24 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 28 May 2007 - 10:03 AM

http://www.myspace.com/sonnysmarine My Webpage Here is my page,,,

#25 wtxblaze

wtxblaze

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox,AOW
  • Logged Dives:103

Posted 28 May 2007 - 08:58 PM

Formerly VK6JIP and took my late father's callsign (VK6ZBP) when he passed away.

Did your father ever do the MARS thingy? My dad does that.

#26 TonyL

TonyL

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 28 May 2007 - 09:40 PM

I'm a little surprised to see people bashing Myspace. Isn't this a social networking site? Granted SD is a little more targeted but Myspace has special interest groups too. Both sites allow people to "meet" and develop relationships with people online with similar interests and, sometimes, meet in person. I had never heard of Facebook before but I would guess that it is similar.

#27 foogirl

foogirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:32 AM

I don't necessarily understand the bashing either Tony.. but everyone is definatly titled to their own opinions.. do you have a myspace?

#28 RoyN

RoyN

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Cert Level:Advance Open Water
  • Logged Dives:??

Posted 29 May 2007 - 01:51 AM

Here is myspace.com

Myspace.com/Ekul1021

And here is Facebook.com

Facebook.com

Its nice to know the profile of one's self however it only works if somebody cares.
With Loving Care, Royston Nguyen

#29 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 02:43 AM

Did your father ever do the MARS thingy? My dad does that.

MARS? No he didn't. He also wasn't on MySpace. LOL

SD's Aussie Connection.

#30 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:49 AM

I don't necessarily understand the bashing either Tony.. but everyone is definatly titled to their own opinions.. do you have a myspace?

I just re-read the thread foogirl and I don't see anyone bashing those kinds of sites. For those who choose to use them and appreciate their services then life is good. The point that was raised multiple times was some people prefer a more personal touch. I know I do.

Just speaking for myself, I am a Director of IT for a university and I deal with computers, servers, firewalls, databases, code and web programs all day long (sometimes all night too...). At the end of the day I like to hit the On / Off switch to the "Off" position and get away from them. I go hiking, camping, biking, out for coffee or play pool with friends. You will seldom find me in front of my home PC's (I have 6 of various kinds...) for long. It is one of the reasons I started diving. Blackberries don't work at depth... :D

As you said, people have their own opinions on the subject. Through diversity comes strength. :thankyou:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users