• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SD Members on myspace??

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#31 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:17 AM

About 14 years ago, I thought of just that. So I set up my own personal webpage. :thankyou:

Over the years, I've used it to update all kinds of things in my life. From photos to stories, to just fun nuggets I found. I keep a blog of some of my Iraq trips there and lots of other things.

I did set up a myspace, mostly to chat with other friends that I already knew IRL.

Here is my webpage...

http://www.megageek.com

and myspace page...

http://www.myspace.com/inchville

In case anyone cares. :D
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#32 Deepblue962

Deepblue962

Getting started

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:71

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:22 AM

Here's mine...

www.myspace.com/deepblue962

#33 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 30 May 2007 - 09:44 AM

Mine is www.myspace.com/missmoonmaiden

I read the post a few times and did not see anyone bashing per se, just expressig a differing of opinions. Myspace allows me to keep in contact with friends from Dallas that I don't speak to very often and see everyone's new pictures since I cannot be there in person! I have a friend who was turned down for a job because of her myspace page. It was not inappropiate in any fashion, the company just felt the mere presence of a myspace page was distasteful. Ah well, that's what happens when you live in East TN I guess!!
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#34 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:31 AM

Just as people don't want their opinions to be "bashed," quickly labeling differing opinions as bashing creates the same environment. There does not appear to be any issues with the differing opinions above, so thank you to everyone for expressing themselves in a constructive manner.

I am enjoying seeing so the exchange of people whether it be on myspace, a blog, a personal website...etc. I personally created a PNW dive oriented website with a friend of mine 5 years ago when I became a scuba instructor, so I don't have a need for a blog or myspace. I find myspace serves like a mini Internet with webpages within the Internet. It's a great webpage creating tool that combines blogging for those who do not have the means to create a stand alone website. And since it is such a powerful networking tool these days, our dive shop does have a myspace site that points people to the dive shop website.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#35 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:05 PM

http://www.myspace.com/187462922

Another Leonard Cohen fan... :D

#36 jeff

jeff

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:ow plus
  • Logged Dives:120

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:06 PM

http://www.myspace.com/nice_diver

there's me

tis free to use like the email as opposed to this site being unavailable to me
jeff aka nice-diver

#37 jholley309

jholley309

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:20-ish

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:36 PM

Well, I was going to bash the myspace bashers, but got bored and said "H*** with it..."

:diver:

So my non-bashing answer is to post my URL thusly: http://www.myspace.com/rantingjim

Oh, and by the way my callsign is KI4HCW. Look it up on QRZ.com for my ham site.

Cheers!

Jim
Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is what you do in spite of your fear.

Every man has fear. Any man who has no fear belongs in an institution. Or in Special Forces.

#38 JohnEric

JohnEric

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:02 PM

ya know I looked at myspace after reading these posts, and have determined a few things.

First it is alot of work to set up and I dont have the patence to construct it and then once constructed I dont have any friends to connect it to. So that being said it exsits on line as a semi constructed space on the internet kinda hanging out there

Kind of how my answering machine MOCKS me with no messages on a daily basis.

I also find it hard to belive anyone is breathlessly awaiting information on the movies and books I like.
John Siggelow AKA Diver 1

#39 JohnEric

JohnEric

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:06 PM

here is what I have so far

http://home.myspace....FE5E8E093935245

#40 Houston Squid

Houston Squid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:National Geographic OW, AOW, Nitrox (IANTD)
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:28 AM

My site isn't a fancy one but it is mine: Click Here for MySpace Excitement - LOL
Signature under construction :)

#41 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:22 AM

here is what I have so far

http://home.myspace....FE5E8E093935245

Is that the link to your home page? It keeps taking me to my home page. Need to go to your profile page for the link - or use the simple one listed under your pic on your home page.

Nice page, Squid - well, cute GFs anyway. :)
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#42 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:23 AM

I've created personal web pages dating back to late 1992 or early 1993. People who want to catch up with me can always view my web site.

My first web "page" was printed up and brought into court by the opposing lawyer in a lawsuit I was forced to initiate. He was certain that once the judge saw what I put on my web pages, he'd win the case. The judge took one look at the printed pages, scratched his head, looked over at the lawyer and asked "Don't you have a sense of humor?" I was representing myself and won the case.

A later web site led to a former girlfriend "finding" me and letting me know I was the father of her bouncing baby boy (then 17 years old and now 22), a fact she vehemently disputed at the time of his birth. So I got a full grown son out of the deal, and didn't have to change diapers once! Funny thing is I still lived on the island where she and I dated years ago and was listed in the phone book.

Although I rarely see classmates from high school or college (I attended those back in the Dark Ages before my Harvard classmate Al Gore invented the Internet), I am in touch with several of them through e-mail and my web site. As for my other friends, most of them are divers and I see them out in our kelp forests quite frequently.

#43 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:57 AM

I enjoy using myspace for finding all sorts of new music, and I've found tons of it!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#44 JohnEric

JohnEric

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:21 AM

damn Itried building one, got aggravated broke my computer in a fit of RAGE, bought a new computer....broke that
I give up
I would never post on it anyhow

#45 ScubaDrew

ScubaDrew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 20 June 2007 - 11:35 PM

I suppose no one has bashed myspace yet, but I will. Ever since signing up for a profile to view a friend's profile, I get tons of friend requests by spammers.

Nevertheless if anyone is interested my sparce profile is <a href="http:// www.myspace.com/seaducer1212">here.</a>

If your profile appears commercial let me know who you are in a comment or I won't add you thinking you are just another spammer...

Edited by ScubaDrew, 20 June 2007 - 11:39 PM.

Drew Z.

"Winter is not a season, it's an occupation." -Sinclair Lewis

Meet Pearl and Opal, the new shark rays in Adventure Aquarium.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users