• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SD Members on myspace??

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#61 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:05 AM

Don't have and may never venture into that world. Signed up at classmates (unintentionally) and get swarmed with e-mails. Have joined professional organizations for obvious reasons and between this board and a couple of others, just don't have or the want to's for the time required.

Just my non-bashing two psi!! :welcome:
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#62 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:57 AM

Nice page, Damsel...! :cool1:

Don't have and may never venture into that world. Signed up at classmates (unintentionally) and get swarmed with e-mails. Have joined professional organizations for obvious reasons and between this board and a couple of others, just don't have or the want to's for the time required.

Just my non-bashing two psi!! :D

Non-bashing?

Myspace does come with a lot of caca. I finally learned to require the "Capcha" or whatever those codes are called for any messages from non-friends or new-adds - cut the spam to almost none. Getting phished is a common threat, but IExplorer and FireFox both have password features to help protect against that.

I do get irritated when listed friends require a code for messages or comments! If you don't trust your friends on comments, just require approval on comments - jeeze! And no allowing add-requests unless you know the person's email addy is stilly, I think.

Edited by DandyDon, 11 January 2008 - 10:15 AM.

What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#63 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:36 PM

No offense guys but I don't mind adding people with "clean" pages and friends. My kids visit my site and most of my friends list are related to me. If you have girls stripping, scantly dressed or being nasty, sorry, no interest in the add. I would like nice, clean, interesting (especially diving related) friends.
Ain't love a BEACH?

#64 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:46 PM

Posted Image I think I'm gonna add some more bikini models...

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#65 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:01 PM

:tears: That's OK I'd rather look like a big black seal! :diver:
Ain't love a BEACH?

#66 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:25 AM

:tears: That's OK I'd rather look like a big black seal! :diver:

In the Navy were you??
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#67 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:28 AM

:hiya: That's OK I'd rather look like a big black seal! :tears:

Like I said, you have a nice page, lovely pics, and your criteria are just fine. Sometimes I amuse easily... :diver:

#68 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:37 AM

At first I was really hesitate to join Myspace because of all the negative press it got on the news, ya know like sexual predators etc... But several of my business friends suggested I advertise on MS because of all the hits it gets each day. for those who have joined Myspace or thinking about joining it you might want to put a link back to singledivers on your homepage or at the bottom of something you posted so you can attract some possible :cheerleader: divers to SD.
At WW wedding I had a chance to talk with Tolly about the Myspace feature (friends list) and the possibilities of adding something like that to SD. for example I could send Scubapunk a friends request because we have dove together several times in the past and if she accepted my request she would show-up on my SD homepage as a friend and I would show-up on her SD homepage. Of course Spubapunk could deni my request because I am a Gas Sucking Hog :cheerleader: OK OK you get the Idea.

www.myspace.com/search_recovery

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#69 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:47 AM

At first I was really hesitate to join Myspace because of all the negative press it got on the news, ya know like sexual predators etc... But several of my business friends suggested I advertise on MS because of all the hits it gets each day. for those who have joined Myspace or thinking about joining it you might want to put a link back to singledivers on your homepage or at the bottom of something you posted so you can attract some possible :cheerleader: divers to SD.
At WW wedding I had a chance to talk with Tolly about the Myspace feature (friends list) and the possibilities of adding something like that to SD. for example I could send Scubapunk a friends request because we have dove together several times in the past and if she accepted my request she would show-up on my SD homepage as a friend and I would show-up on her SD homepage. Of course Spubapunk could deni my request because I am a Gas Sucking Hog :cheerleader: OK OK you get the Idea.

www.myspace.com/search_recovery

Bubski

I could never deny you Bubs! You are one of my favorite dive buds. :cheerleader:

#70 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 20 January 2008 - 06:30 PM

Well I just signed on to this thing of ours, myspace
Haven't built it up yet though
Gotta spend some time on it sometime.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#71 Houston Squid

Houston Squid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:National Geographic OW, AOW, Nitrox (IANTD)
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:34 PM

Speaking of MySpace ... if it's been a while since you visited my page - you folks should go back and look at my latest dive pics. And best of all -- it's FREE.
Signature under construction :)

#72 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:02 PM

Speaking of MySpace ... if it's been a while since you visited my page - you folks should go back and look at my latest dive pics. And best of all -- it's FREE.

How about a link!!!
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#73 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:36 PM

How about a link!!!

http://www.myspace.com/exnavyinhouston

Squid - I love your page... it's always changing!
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#74 twister8

twister8

Getting started

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:21 AM

Add me to the count .

http://www.myspace.com/twister8

#75 Permanent Narcosis

Permanent Narcosis

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox, Dry Suit, Night, Nav, Deep Diving
  • Logged Dives:38

Posted 09 February 2008 - 07:09 PM

http://www.myspace.com/petekarlson. Hit me up, I'll be diving Athen's dive park in the morning if your intrested...

Later

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users