• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Singles Weeks...

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 June 2007 - 01:56 PM

Wenchie, while in Grenada a small group wanted to put Bonaire forward for the next Singles Week. FYI...

Funny you should mention that...we have a Singles Special coming soon for Bonaire for the early part of the year...stay tuned!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:01 PM

Well we've just finished an awesome singles week in Grenada and they want us to come back. Fantasy Island does one every year in September and some people go back every year.

Many resorts want to offer a Single's Special such as a single room for the price of a double.

So what do you all want? And where?

Do keep in mind that the BEST Single's Weeks are the ones that have had time to become tried and tested! That allows us to incorporate feedback from previous singles weeks to make them even better!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 JohnEric

JohnEric

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:39 PM

W need a trip to the Maldives or Dubai so I can come too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Siggelow AKA Diver 1

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:40 PM

W need a trip to the Maldives or Dubai so I can come too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure Maldives is on the horizon soon...as a Single's Week I'm not sure but stranger things have happened. Not familar with diving in Dubai...wanna educate us? Start a thread in Where in The World and let us know the attraction! :cheerleader:

formerly...

#5 JohnEric

JohnEric

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:Master Scuba Diver Trainer
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 22 June 2007 - 04:59 AM

I will do that , I am researhcing it now and will dive there in September so I will let you know
John Siggelow AKA Diver 1

#6 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:43 AM

Singles Week - On the last evening before departing Grenada, a small but stalwart group started debating this very question over a few cold beverages. The usual suspects were mentioned like Roatan, Coz, Grenada II - The Return, etc. However, the general consensus was that most people would like to go where they have never dove before. Stan mentioned he had been to Bonaire and described the shore diving there as being pretty darned nice. It is out of the way enough that a lot of folks have not been there before and the appeal of shore diving sounds like a blast. Then it is on your schedule and not Dependant on a boat or dive op. So you can dive when you want, or not... That idea seemed to find decent support.

The more popular places are usually more crowded and have a lower quality of diving because of the numbers that go through there. However, on the flip side the more popular places also have a better infrastructure. Personally I am after an adventure and would like to do something out of the way. Some place with quiet nights and the sound of waves gently rippling along the shore to send me to sleep each night...

So for me Bonaire fits the bill nicely. My 2 PSI anyway...

From Google:

Definitions of adventure on the Web:

* gamble: take a risk in the hope of a favorable outcome
* a wild and exciting undertaking (not necessarily lawful)
* venture
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#7 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:10 AM

Do to "other" plans next year-I likely have one opportunity to get on a trip. For me, I prefer to go someplace I have not yet been (which are too damn numerous to list). In any event, I have looked at Utila and Costa Rica since Dominica has luggage weight issues. But there is also that hold out for a liveaboard to keep me in good standing with the dive your @$$ of club!!! :unsure:
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#8 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 24 June 2007 - 12:52 PM

Many people are in agreement that they would like to go somewhere they have not been before. SingleDivers offers many places to travel, so I'm sure we can all find one that goes somewhere that we haven't been. Grenada is a very special place, and I think SD should continue to offer a trip there each year, as long as there is interest in going there. It doesn't necessarily have to be a singles week.

The question is....where should the Singles week be. For me, every trip I take with SD is mostly a singles week. There are always some married but buddyless or spoken for divers on every trip, but mostly singles. In the past, Singles Week has been a lower priced trip geared towards single people. So if you want repeat customers for Singles Week to sign up again next year, then go someplace new. If you go back to Grenada for Singles Week next year, you will most likely get a different group of people signing up for the trip who have not already been to Grenada, and the repeat customers will sign up for a different SD trip. Either way, I think is ok.

#9 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:31 PM

Many people are in agreement that they would like to go somewhere they have not been before. SingleDivers offers many places to travel, so I'm sure we can all find one that goes somewhere that we haven't been. Grenada is a very special place, and I think SD should continue to offer a trip there each year, as long as there is interest in going there. It doesn't necessarily have to be a singles week.

The question is....where should the Singles week be. For me, every trip I take with SD is mostly a singles week. There are always some married but buddyless or spoken for divers on every trip, but mostly singles. In the past, Singles Week has been a lower priced trip geared towards single people. So if you want repeat customers for Singles Week to sign up again next year, then go someplace new. If you go back to Grenada for Singles Week next year, you will most likely get a different group of people signing up for the trip who have not already been to Grenada, and the repeat customers will sign up for a different SD trip. Either way, I think is ok.

Grenada was wonderful, but I agree, I would vote to go someplace new. Even more so than Dustbowl Diver, that leaves a really long list for me. Bonaire sounds great, or any place new!
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#10 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:50 PM

This is an extremely valid observation.

I know that I will be going back to Grenada next year if at all possible, but will also be looking at another 'Singles' week opportunity as well. As with Sandy, every trip I make is essentially a 'Singles' one for me.

This site--and the people I have come to know through it--are what make the trips all so darned special, interesting, and fun! I honestly don't think it's possible to have a bad time with the group, wherever we all end up.

PlatypusMan
...Sparky just wants the right latitude for mating, the randy little furbag...

#11 Travelgal

Travelgal

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:236

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:53 PM

I agree with Sandy! I would prefer somewhere new as well@ Bonaire, Turks and Caicos, Caymans, Dominica if we can work out the weight issue@ If we know going in that there is a weight issue coming out then we can be more prepared for it as well!!
Never make someone a priority in your life who has only made you an option in theirs!

#12 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:11 AM

Wenchie, while in Grenada a small group wanted to put Bonaire forward for the next Singles Week. FYI...

Funny you should mention that...we have a Singles Special coming soon for Bonaire for the early part of the year...stay tuned!

.......Bonaire, Early next year, I'm in!!!!!!! :P :lmao: :wakawaka:
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

#13 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:43 AM

.......Bonaire, Early next year, I'm in!!!!!!! :P :lmao: :wakawaka:

Can't go wrong with Bonaire. Love the flexibility of diving on ones own schedule. (Que's idea for the morning "transition" dive was one of the best!!)
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#14 DiveScoop

DiveScoop

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:25 AM

Bonaire is indeed a great place for an event. I'm on my way there this week in fact. I recall an earlier SD.com week there. Lots of fun. Please let me know when all the details are arranged.

Glad to hear that everyone had a good time in Grenada!
Dive Scoop

#15 divzac

divzac

Diving Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI IDC Staff Instructor / Captain. I either dive or drive often in the Palm Beaches
  • Logged Dives:I kinda got lazy after a couple hundred

Posted 25 June 2007 - 01:52 PM

WW, Please include an option for boat dives..... ?
I wanna be the person that my dog thinks I am

Check out the SPREE...come dive with us!

charlies@singledivers.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users