• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

21 female new to SingleDivers from NJ

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#31 BoomhowerSpeaks

BoomhowerSpeaks

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:10

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:26 AM

I'm neither cute nor in New Jersey, but welcome to the board anyway.

#32 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:39 AM

Perrone, I know what you mean! I had to put one of those on my tank once to get a fill...then spent the night taking it off. When I went back to get a fill at the same shop the next day they asked where the sticker was. I told him it came off in the water...he didn't belive me.

#33 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:29 AM

Perrone, I know what you mean! I had to put one of those on my tank once to get a fill...then spent the night taking it off. When I went back to get a fill at the same shop the next day they asked where the sticker was. I told him it came off in the water...he didn't belive me.

Just take some "pallet wrap" and put it on the tank. Then put the sticker on that. You can remove it when you want. You can even reuse the decal it if need!
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#34 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:48 AM

Welcome - Like Latitude Adjustment, I'm a touch past 21 too, and I'm not in NJ either. However, I am becoming a regular at local HHs cuz I'm working in the NYC area. Will probably take some kit out and try the local water if it gets to my www* 3mm tolerance level.

Moose is many things, Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent..... but he speaks the deepest truth when he says "not cute". Not my type either.

* www = warm water wus
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#35 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:54 AM

Moose is many things, Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent..... but he speaks the deepest truth when he says "not cute". Not my type either.

As I've often put it...

"I ain't open casket material!" :dancing:

Picture Vin Diesel with a heavy drinking problem. That's me.
Moose

#36 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:56 AM

but he speaks the deepest truth when he says "not cute". Not my type either.

Wait, didn't you kiss me at the last HH? I know TOLLy can't keep his hands off me and I think he even gave me a hickey at the last HH. :-D
Moose

#37 Fordan

Fordan

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:70

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:35 PM

Wait, didn't you kiss me at the last HH? I know TOLLy can't keep his hands off me and I think he even gave me a hickey at the last HH. :P

Speaking of which, aren't you holding on to some pictures that were supposed to be posted? Or did the appropriate people threaten you about their release... :-D

And as for the Nitrox question, I don't own any tanks yet, so if they think I need the big green and yellow stickers on them when I rent them and ask for Nitrox, they'll put them on themselves. I've seen my local shop filling tanks with Nitrox without the large obnoxious stickers, so it is done, at least by some shops.

My own tanks soon. Sometime after a drysuit though, I think.

Yay thread hijackings. :D

#38 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:43 PM

Speaking of which, aren't you holding on to some pictures that were supposed to be posted? Or did the appropriate people threaten you about their release... :-D

Yes, I still have them. But the thread died before it got really interesting (everyone went on vaction!)

But I'm still waiting for it to get revived and then I'll bring them up. :P
Moose

#39 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:21 PM

Bob,
Do the shops in Jersey still require back gas tanks to marked with the big old NITROX sticker before filling them? Or does the O2 clean VIP work?

V

All I can say is it depends. If they don't know ya then most likely Yes they want to see all the stickers. If they know you then they might not require them for you. I find it easier if I have the stickers on my tank.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#40 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:25 PM

Yes, I still have them. But the thread died before it got really interesting (everyone went on vaction!)

But I'm still waiting for it to get revived and then I'll bring them up. :P

In that case lets see if I can find it and get it started again.

#41 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:26 PM

Wait, didn't you kiss me at the last HH? I know TOLLy can't keep his hands off me and I think he even gave me a hickey at the last HH. :-D

If I kissed you, you'd remember.

I'm sticking to my usual - "I wasn't there, I didn't see anything, and you can't prove it."

I knew Tolly was on his way to becoming a vegan, but I had no idea he was going to the darkside - maybe it's just a last fling before he moves to Canada.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#42 maxdvr

maxdvr

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:s.s.i. centry diver/rescue diver.. padi divemaster
  • Logged Dives:142 at last count

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:45 PM

add me to the list of neither 21 and cute... or in jersey... but the midwest chapter sure sends it hardy welcome to ya ms ocean... have a great time...
Posted Image
if your not living on the edge...your takin up to much space

landlocked by misfortune

"Kindness to others is the rent we pay for our time on Earth". - Muhammad Ali

#43 MissOcean

MissOcean

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25+

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:48 PM

First of all, I did not expect this thread to get anywhere near as large as it did!!! Thanks for all the welcomes!

Moose- I would love to try something new other then Dutch, even thought I like Dutch and also have a season pass there (that I bought at Beneath the Sea!). My dad and I are a little shaky about going in the ocean, esp since we heard you need to have your advanced cert which we don't yet. I can't wait to get to a local hh with you guys! You all seem like fun

I am from Central Jersey...near Trenton

When is the next time you are going to Dutch? My dad and I plan on going Thursday. Where is Pir8's section of the student area? We always go in by the wedding bridge.

VADiver- I would love to do some diving down there! My parents and I were looking to go to the key's but it was just too expensive. I've been in SC and NC but couldn't go diving. Hopefully some day!

The wreck my picture is the Will Laurie in the Bahamas. I was there in March 2006. We dove with Stewart Cove's So much fun!

Kamala- I don't know many divers my age but when I meet them this site is the FIRST thing I will mention! It's a GREAT place to meet people that are into DIVING for real!!! Thank you again for all the wonderful compliments :-) You are such a beautiful woman inside and out!

Capn Jack- Thank you for making me laugh! You make me feel that if I do decide to go for a dive with Moose I'll be in good hands..even if they aren't that cute haha! I am a college student so money is tight but I can't wait to at least get to a happy hour and HOPEFULLY a dive!
Angela aka MissOcean
I feel like a fish out of water...unless of course..I'm diving!

#44 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:56 PM

When I'm setting up by myself I'm on the student side at the top of the hill by the bathhouse. When I'm with LVDC I'm down where you are by the wedding dock.

First of all, I did not expect this thread to get anywhere near as large as it did!!! Thanks for all the welcomes!

Moose- I would love to try something new other then Dutch, even thought I like Dutch and also have a season pass there (that I bought at Beneath the Sea!). My dad and I are a little shaky about going in the ocean, esp since we heard you need to have your advanced cert which we don't yet. I can't wait to get to a local hh with you guys! You all seem like fun

When is the next time you are going to Dutch? My dad and I plan on going Thursday. Where is Pir8's section of the student area? We always go in by the wedding bridge.

VADiver- I would love to do some diving down there! My parents and I were looking to go to the key's but it was just too expensive. I've been in SC and NC but couldn't go diving. Hopefully some day!

The wreck my picture is the Will Laurie in the Bahamas. I was there in March 2006. We dove with Stewart Cove's So much fun!

Kamala- I don't know many divers my age but when I meet them this site is the FIRST thing I will mention! It's a GREAT place to meet people that are into DIVING for real!!! Thank you again for all the wonderful compliments :-) You are such a beautiful woman inside and out!

Capn Jack- Thank you for making me laugh! You make me feel that if I do decide to go for a dive with Moose I'll be in good hands..even if they aren't that cute haha! I am a college student so money is tight but I can't wait to at least get to a happy hour and HOPEFULLY a dive!

#45 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:09 PM

Cool, I once lived in Trenton and went to school in Lawrenceville. Welcome to the site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users