• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

21 female new to SingleDivers from NJ

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#16 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:06 PM

I just spent most of the weekend at Dutch, mostly with students but we did have some other visitors. I actually certified Tollys Cousin today.

What dive shop were you with? I was supposed to be at Dutch today but I have this week off so we figured we'd go during the week when no one is there!

When in Jersey I teach for Divers Two in Avon by the Sea. In Pa I'm independant. This weekend I was independant, actually taking care of people from SD.com. Tollys cousin , CarolN & her husband. The 2 guys certified Open H2O and Carol finished her Deep And Nav specialties.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#17 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:08 PM

Oh yeah, I expect to be there Wednesday also. Not sure what I'm doing yet but I have to stop in at Lehigh Valley DC. first. Then I am supposed to meet a boat captain friend and his nephew.

#18 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:18 AM

:cool2: Welcome to SingleDivers Miss Ocean, I'm way past the cute stage and rarely go to Dutch because the Atlantic is a lot closer and warmer. :D :cool1:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#19 MissOcean

MissOcean

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25+

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:36 AM

:cool2: Welcome to SingleDivers Miss Ocean, I'm way past the cute stage and rarely go to Dutch because the Atlantic is a lot closer and warmer. :D :cool1:

Everyone always has a little cute in them ;-)

The Atlantic is closer for me too...but we've heard scary things. The visabilty is bad, you have to hold a rope..I'm not sure if I'm ready for that and the current! :2cool:
Angela aka MissOcean
I feel like a fish out of water...unless of course..I'm diving!

#20 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Cert Level:Numerous
  • Logged Dives:Fg = (m x D) m10^-2

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:09 AM

Everyone always has a little cute in them ;-)

First off, welcome to SD. I'll give you my standard "spiel" for all the people that join in the NJ area...

We are slowly becoming the most active area in the SD community, so you are joining a quite big and active group of people. If you go to Dutch, there is almost always a "SD" contingent there. In fact, this past Saturday there were at least 7 people from SD Diving. We normally converge on pir8's area in the student side. (BTW, Great seeing you again, Trace, sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye, the water park was calling!)

Many of us have our season passes to Dutch.

While I'm not looking for anything more than a dive buddy, I dive just about every week some place in NJ. I'm on a dive rescue unit and I try to get in the water no mater where. I dive the rivers, lakes, reservoirs, oceans, etc. If you are ever interested in a dive, let me know.

I'm sure there are many people here you can dive with on any given day.

Beyond dives, we normally have happy hours that get pretty crazy (did we ever get the podcast of the last one? I still have the pictures that need to be posted.) In two weeks, you’ll qualify to join us! Once Poki gets back, she normally sets them up.

BTW, what part of Jersey are you in?

Again, welcome and enjoy. This is a great place to meet real divers and good people without all the other BS.

Oh, and for your quote above, you haven't met me yet! :cool2:
Moose
Everything I know about knots, I learned from Alexander the Great.

#21 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:23 AM

First, welcome to the board...there are a lot of great people here. You need to take a dive trip to NC/SC or Florida...great diving.

Second, this post was started only yesterday and it's already has two pages...we've been talking about H-valves sisnce the 27th and it's only at 4. LOL

By the way, what wreck are you on in your profile?

#22 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:31 AM

Second, this post was started only yesterday and it's already has two pages...we've been talking about H-valves sisnce the 27th and it's only at 4. LOL

Well try adding a "heart" to your thread, oh and "21 female" in the subject wouldn't hurt your topic much either! :cool2:
Moose

#23 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:32 AM

LOL...true. Maybe we should begin all technical discussions that way!

#24 Fordan

Fordan

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:70

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:41 AM

Well try adding a "heart" to your thread, oh and "21 female" in the subject wouldn't hurt your topic much either! :D

Yeah, I was just thinking "Gosh, my welcome thread didn't get this much attention!" :lmao:

In any case, welcome. :dancing:

#25 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:51 AM

Come to think of it neither did mine. Not that I would expect it to.

Well try adding a "heart" to your thread, oh and "21 female" in the subject wouldn't hurt your topic much either! :D

Yeah, I was just thinking "Gosh, my welcome thread didn't get this much attention!" :lmao:

#26 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:08 AM

Bob,
Do the shops in Jersey still require back gas tanks to marked with the big old NITROX sticker before filling them? Or does the O2 clean VIP work?

V

#27 Moose

Moose

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:11 AM

Bob,
Do the shops in Jersey still require back gas tanks to marked with the big old NITROX sticker before filling them? Or does the O2 clean VIP work?

V

Shoot, many of my tanks don't even have VIP stickers on them!!! :dancing: (But, I do my own fills.)

I've snuck a few unVIPped tanks into some fill stations without problems.

(Note, when I say "unVIPped" I mean tanks that ARE VIPped and safe, but they just don't have stickers on them. )
Moose

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,670 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:25 AM

Well I never had a welcome thread so I guess that means mine didn't get that many responses either! :2cool:

As for more traction than h-valves...not sure you need a HEART to help the thread but the title sure could of used some work. Check out BubbleBoy's thread called "my computer is a racist" and well...its gotten a lot of posts!!! :D

And finally...we are attracting members from the MOST important age group in diving and that is the 20-29 age group. Why? Well they are the LIFE of this sport. If everyone is 40+ then we have a serious problem with our sport. So I am thrilled we are getting more members in this important age range and I hope to work with MissOcean and others in this group to figure out how we can attract more in this age group! :D

So welcome again MissOcean! (great screen name) and you are as attractive as your name implies so not to worry...we have a number of guardian angels on the site who will ensure that EVERYONE is nothing but a "gentleman" or a "moose" because we have a site full of gentlemen and one moose! Message sent with the lowdown! :lmao:

Come to think of it neither did mine. Not that I would expect it to.

Yeah, I was just thinking "Gosh, my welcome thread didn't get this much attention!" :2cool:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#29 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:25 AM

I remember trying to get a fill at in Jersey and they said all Jersy dive shops required a big NITROX sticker. I decided not to bother with the fill and headed back to SC a day early so my dive shop could fill my tanks.

(I hate those stickers)

Hey Kamala, where's my PM...it's lonely out here! lol

Edited by VADiver, 02 July 2007 - 08:29 AM.

#30 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:08 AM

I remember trying to get a fill at in Jersey and they said all Jersy dive shops required a big NITROX sticker.

I wonder what they'd want on an oxygen tank. Or Argon for that matter...

I borrowed a stage for the week, and it has one of those "look at me" nitrox stickers on it. I feel so dirty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users