• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

AUCTION - Second "Dream Dive" in the Bahamas...

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#31 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Cert Level:MAster Daiver / Rescue / Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:104+

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:07 PM

:D But I will need that IOU in writing if I don't actually get a spot on the trip! But I AM still holding out hope for that vacancy....or the inflatable raft towable! :lmao: :teeth: I will raise the bid to $140! :dancing:

Thank you girl...maybe this is your good luck omen to get a spot on the trip! But if not...it is for a great cause!!!

p.s. with or without speedo????

Without of course! I've never been much of a Speedo girl! :lmao:
There is not a shred of evidence that life is serious. ~ Ogden Nash

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken. ~ Oscar Wilde

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#32 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:54 AM

Any more bets for such a worthy cause???

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#33 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:17 PM

I am thinking that if no one is interested in out bidding me....then someone should just sacrifice their spot on the trip for me so I can redeem my prize! :thankyou: That isn't such an unreasonable expectation is it? :respect:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind! ~ Dr Seuss

#34 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 24 August 2007 - 05:22 PM

I am thinking that if no one is interested in out bidding me....then someone should just sacrifice their spot on the trip for me so I can redeem my prize! :thankyou: That isn't such an unreasonable expectation is it? :respect:

Sorry Cindi - I'm going to have to outbid you on this one!

Put me in for $150

(no speedo!) :cheerleader:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#35 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 06:52 PM

I am thinking that if no one is interested in out bidding me....then someone should just sacrifice their spot on the trip for me so I can redeem my prize! :respect: That isn't such an unreasonable expectation is it? :cheerleader:

Put me in for $150

(no speedo!) :birthday:

And the next winning bid so far is *DIVER BABS*!!! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#36 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 09:23 PM

Put me in for $150

(no speedo!) :D

Ummmm.....I don't think so Babs! :lmao:

Lets make it $175. (No Speedo of course!)

I will take a raincheck on the Dream Dive if I can't manage to attach my inflatable boat to the live-aboard! :cheerleader:

and oh yes.....it is for a good cause!

Edited by scubagoddess, 24 August 2007 - 09:32 PM.

#37 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:03 PM

I just amended the auction text in the first post. I wrote my Divemaster exams today and passed all eight sections. The exam was quite thorough and I am glad I did a solid week of review beforehand. I should have done two actually... My brain felt like pudding when I was done and it was a total of 7 months to finish all the course work. Roughly 800 pages of information to digest, two projects and the intern program for OJT. ~Whew~

I turned in my U/W mapping project and finished up my intern work this afternoon. Everything has been signed off, the fee has been paid, my application form was sent in and now I am just waiting for my DM number in the mail.

Hopefully this makes me more attractive to potential bidders... :cheerleader:

$175 X 3 = $525 donation to date for the Wounded Warriors. WOW...! :wakawaka:

PLEASE NOTE: WW asked me to open a new thread for the DM course so only auction stuff appears here. Please refer to this link for the Divemaster stuff...

Cheers...
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#38 swfladiver

swfladiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Cert Level:open water since I was lil but finally starting to look into getting more papers
  • Logged Dives:13 years of diving and I just found out it really matter if I logged more than my check out dives

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

K if a trip is ever planned to the Marsh Harbor area let me know I have friends in the area and a cheap place for a few of us

#39 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:06 PM

I just amended the auction text in the first post. I wrote my Divemaster exams today and passed all eight sections. The exam was quite thorough and I am glad I did a solid week of review beforehand. I should have done two actually... My brain felt like pudding when I was done and it was a total of 7 months to finish all the course work. Roughly 800 pages of information to digest, two projects and the intern program for OJT. ~Whew~

I turned in my U/W mapping project and finished up my intern work this afternoon. Everything has been signed off, the fee has been paid, my application form was sent in and now I am just waiting for my DM number in the mail.

Hopefully this makes me more attractive to potential bidders... :D

$175 X 3 = $525 donation to date for the Wounded Warriors. WOW...! :cool1:

Hey :cool1: Big Congrats!!

That calls for raising the bid to $200 (sorry... still no speedo!)

Way to go Simon!! :banghead: :wakawaka: :wakawaka: :wakawaka: :wakawaka: :wakawaka: :wakawaka: :wakawaka: :wakawaka: :wakawaka:
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#40 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 07:16 AM

K if a trip is ever planned to the Marsh Harbor area let me know I have friends in the area and a cheap place for a few of us

Send me details...and I'll look at it! :banghead:

formerly...

#41 scubagoddess

scubagoddess

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

Hopefully this makes me more attractive to potential bidders... :dance:

$175 X 3 = $525 donation to date for the Wounded Warriors. WOW...! :respect:

Hey :respect: Big Congrats!!

That calls for raising the bid to $200 (sorry... still no speedo!)

Way to go Simon!! :cheerleader: :cool1: :diver: :birthday: :wakawaka: :wakawaka: :wakawaka: :wakawaka: :wakawaka: :wakawaka:

Hmmmm.....I am going to have to think this over for a bit. We are getting a bit pricey here now aren't we? Divemaster is quite an exceptional accomplishment. Congratulations Simon! :) But does upping your credentials plus the "no speedo" deal really up the value of the Dream Dive to this level? What if you offered to wear something else....something with a bit more pizzaz...like a kilt for instance! :dance: Now that might make this auction a bit more interesting. Not that the Wounded Warriors are not a worthwhile investment....but I am quite sure they would want the winner to feel that the prize was worth the gifting! :dance: Besides that, if I am going to try tying an inflatable boat to the livaboard to tag along on this trip, I would appreciate the entertainment value!

#42 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,642 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:48 AM

WOW! $200 by DiverBabs times matching donations we are at $600 for the Wounded Warriors!!! :)

formerly...

#43 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:14 AM

But does upping your credentials plus the "no speedo" deal really up the value of the Dream Dive to this level? What if you offered to wear something else....something with a bit more pizzaz...like a kilt for instance! :lmao: Now that might make this auction a bit more interesting.

Shadragon hereinafter referred to as 'the party of the first part', in consideration of the sum of $1, lawful money of the United States of America in hand paid, and for the further consideration of money and labor heretofore expended and of labor to be hereafter expended in and upon the terms of the 'Dream Dive Auction', situate in the islands of the Bahamas, in the municipality of George Town, agrees to 'the winning bidder' hereinafter referred to as the 'party of the second part', the said clothing concessions which shall be implemented upon the terms and consideration following, to wit:

The said party of the second part shall provide a piece of traditional Scottish garb commonly referred to as a 'kilt' to the party of the first part, where the party of the first part shall wear said kilt to the satisfaction of the said party of the second part, the party of the second part is not authorized to sell or negotiate the sale of any photographs, images or video recordings for any amount of compensation, but may retain said photographs, images or video recordings for personal use.

The said party of the second part shall provide a piece of traditional Scottish garb commonly referred to as a 'sporran' to the party of the first part, where the party of the first part shall wear said sporran to the satisfaction of the said party of the second part, the party of the second part is not authorized to sell or negotiate the sale of any photographs, images or video recordings for any amount of compensation, but may retain said photographs, images or video recordings for personal use.

The said party of the first part may wear or not wear whatever he deems appropriate under the aforementioned kilt for the occasion, the results of this choice may or may not be made public at the discretion of the party of the first part.

The said party of the first part may at his discretion provide a piece of traditional Scottish garb commonly referred to as a 'sgian dubh', where this item shall be used exclusively for self-defense from over zealous or over amorous ship mates, the said party of the second part agrees to not provoke unusual behavior from the Captain, crew or passengers of the vessel involved, which can take the form of, but not be limited to, cat calls, whistles, foot stamping, clapping and/or other verbal or non-verbal expressions.

Any unspecified clothing items are subject to on-site negotiation initiated by either the party of the first part or the party of the second part, in any event the minimum time for wearing the clothing items detailed above, or any additional clothing items negotiated on site shall be no less than one hour with the party of the first part having the ability to extend this time period as long as the party of the first part feels is required.

The said parties hereto hereby mutually agree to aid each other in this transaction of said clothing concessions to the end that the consideration be realized as quickly as possible. And the said party of the first part hereby agrees to execute any deed or deeds or conveyances that may be hereafter necessary to convey the presentation of the stated clothing concessions. This contract is to take the place of and supersede any and all other contract or contracts heretofore made by said parties hereto with reference to said clothing considerations.

This agreement is freely entered into and by mine own hand recorded.
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#44 weescot

weescot

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:44 AM

Booo! Setting auction rules after it has begun? surely not?

But does upping your credentials plus the "no speedo" deal really up the value of the Dream Dive to this level? What if you offered to wear something else....something with a bit more pizzaz...like a kilt for instance! :lmao: Now that might make this auction a bit more interesting.

Shadragon hereinafter referred to as 'the party of the first part', in consideration of the sum of $1, lawful money of the United States of America in hand paid, and for the further consideration of money and labor heretofore expended and of labor to be hereafter expended in and upon the terms of the 'Dream Dive Auction', situate in the islands of the Bahamas, in the municipality of George Town, agrees to 'the winning bidder' hereinafter referred to as the 'party of the second part', the said clothing concessions which shall be implemented upon the terms and consideration following, to wit:

The said party of the second part shall provide a piece of traditional Scottish garb commonly referred to as a 'kilt' to the party of the first part, where the party of the first part shall wear said kilt to the satisfaction of the said party of the second part, the party of the second part is not authorized to sell or negotiate the sale of any photographs, images or video recordings for any amount of compensation, but may retain said photographs, images or video recordings for personal use.

The said party of the second part shall provide a piece of traditional Scottish garb commonly referred to as a 'sporran' to the party of the first part, where the party of the first part shall wear said sporran to the satisfaction of the said party of the second part, the party of the second part is not authorized to sell or negotiate the sale of any photographs, images or video recordings for any amount of compensation, but may retain said photographs, images or video recordings for personal use.

The said party of the first part may wear or not wear whatever he deems appropriate under the aforementioned kilt for the occasion, the results of this choice may or may not be made public at the discretion of the party of the first part.

The said party of the first part may at his discretion provide a piece of traditional Scottish garb commonly referred to as a 'sgian dubh', where this item shall be used exclusively for self-defense from over zealous or over amorous ship mates, the said party of the second part agrees to not provoke unusual behavior from the Captain, crew or passengers of the vessel involved, which can take the form of, but not be limited to, cat calls, whistles, foot stamping, clapping and/or other verbal or non-verbal expressions.

Any unspecified clothing items are subject to on-site negotiation initiated by either the party of the first part or the party of the second part, in any event the minimum time for wearing the clothing items detailed above, or any additional clothing items negotiated on site shall be no less than one hour with the party of the first part having the ability to extend this time period as long as the party of the first part feels is required.

The said parties hereto hereby mutually agree to aid each other in this transaction of said clothing concessions to the end that the consideration be realized as quickly as possible. And the said party of the first part hereby agrees to execute any deed or deeds or conveyances that may be hereafter necessary to convey the presentation of the stated clothing concessions. This contract is to take the place of and supersede any and all other contract or contracts heretofore made by said parties hereto with reference to said clothing considerations.

This agreement is freely entered into and by mine own hand recorded.

Please credit Avatar to ScubaShafer

#45 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:17 AM

I rec'd this in a Bonaire News Letter to which I subscribe. Thought I'd pass it on....

The Wounded Warriors on Television

Bonaire recently hosted the Wounded Warriors (a group of U.S. military personnel severely injured in the line of duty) and their families for a scuba certification trip to Bonaire. During their time on the island, WPTV, the NBC affiliate in West Palm Beach, Florida, had a film crew on-site to film the events. One segment has already aired as part of the “Underwater Wednesdays” series on August 29, and the second is scheduled to air on September 5. The Wounded Warriors trip was the focus of the first segment last week and the second segment will be solely dedicated to the Bonaire National Marine Park. Both stories can be viewed after they air online at www.wptv.com, which will post streaming video as well as a written story.

http://www.wptv.com/...ww/default.aspx

There is a written article, video and a slide show.

Edited by DiverBabs, 01 September 2007 - 11:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users