• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

3 Spots Left on 2nd boat! Cooper River Prehistoric Megladon Teeth & Artifacts Aug 22-24(25) 2008

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#46 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:16 PM

Payment Update:

1. Kelly aka poser got your $350 payment toward the 3 days pkg via credit card + 3% :thankyou:

This reduces the number of spots available on this trip to 3!

#47 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:21 PM

Document Update:

1. Kelly aka poser got your waiver! :thankyou:

#48 poser

poser

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Normoxic Trimix

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:04 AM

Kelly the (poser), I use to dive. I'm in, 3 days of diving, 3 nights, S/O, 4 tank rentals, 2 refills, I have lead and will drive in. Will pay money as soon as I figure out how. Documents need a password, what password? Oh, this is going to be a long night.

Hooray! It won't be that long...I promise! A couple of questions...

1. When you say you "use to dive" does that mean you are getting back into diving? If so please be aware that while this diving is shallow it is a night dive in the middle of the day. Its very easy but for some unnerving. You mean 3 foot vis, sounds like....Seattle, only warmer. I'll be ok.2. 3 days is great. If your vacation permits...you might want to consider the 4 day option...more artifacts have been found the last day then all the other days combined! :birthday: (You can decide later but certainly something to think about!) thinking.....

3. Single room is easy...thank you!

4. Ok on the rentals 4 tanks is easy...when you say 2 refills do you mean 2 days of fills for the 4 tanks? Actually they are rentals all 4 days and you need 4 tanks at a time on the boat as we do not come back for fills. If we do 3 days of diving, they come filled the first day (4), then I need to fill them for the other 2 days, so 2 refills?? If I'm doing this wrong, just need to correct before final payment.

5. Payment can be made via credit card or paypal or you can mail me a check. All payment details are listed in the first post of this thread/topic.

6. Now that you have signed up we will send you the password! :D Thank you for joining as a premier member! We really appreciate it!

This is going to be an awesome trip! kamala

So, is anyone going to bring an industrial vaccum with a long hose? has to be the best way.

Edited by poser, 16 February 2008 - 09:07 AM.

#49 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:22 AM

Kelly the (poser), I use to dive. I'm in, 3 days of diving, 3 nights, S/O, 4 tank rentals, 2 refills, I have lead and will drive in. Will pay money as soon as I figure out how. Documents need a password, what password? Oh, this is going to be a long night.

Hooray! It won't be that long...I promise! A couple of questions...

1. When you say you "use to dive" does that mean you are getting back into diving? If so please be aware that while this diving is shallow it is a night dive in the middle of the day. Its very easy but for some unnerving. You mean 3 foot vis, sounds like....Seattle, only warmer. I'll be ok.2. 3 days is great. If your vacation permits...you might want to consider the 4 day option...more artifacts have been found the last day then all the other days combined! :birthday: (You can decide later but certainly something to think about!) thinking..... - :cheerleader: keep thinking...you won't regret it!!!

3. Single room is easy...thank you!

4. Ok on the rentals 4 tanks is easy...when you say 2 refills do you mean 2 days of fills for the 4 tanks? Actually they are rentals all 4 days and you need 4 tanks at a time on the boat as we do not come back for fills. If we do 3 days of diving, they come filled the first day (4), then I need to fill them for the other 2 days, so 2 refills?? If I'm doing this wrong, just need to correct before final payment.

Fills are when you own your own tank and you bring them filled the first day and then need refills the next days. Rentals are just that...rentals every day you need them. So if you rent tanks the first day with gas in them you'll need to rent them the next day UNLESS someone brings you tanks for the second day and then you may need a fill for them. So in your case you will be (4) tank rentals for all 3 or 4 days is you do the last day! Does that make sense?

5. Payment can be made via credit card or paypal or you can mail me a check. All payment details are listed in the first post of this thread/topic.

6. Now that you have signed up we will send you the password! :D Thank you for joining as a premier member! We really appreciate it!

This is going to be an awesome trip! kamala

So, is anyone going to bring an industrial vaccum with a long hose? has to be the best way.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#50 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:25 AM

Payment Update:

1. Kelly aka Poser: Received payment for 5 (single occupancy) nights at the Ramada and 4 days of diving with rental tanks 810+165+50+176=1251 1251-350=901(*3%)=928
Nights paid for are August 21,22,23,24 and 25 Kelly aka Poser. :cheerleader: :twist:

#51 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:15 AM

Payment Update:

1. Kelly aka Poser: Received payment for 5 (single occupancy) nights at the Ramada and 4 days of diving with rental tanks 810+165+50+176=1251 1251-350=901(*3%)=928
Nights paid for are August 21,22,23,24 and 25 Kelly aka Poser. :cheerleader: :twist:

Thanks Kelly...looks great!

Just so others can figure out the math....

$660 for the trip (he is doing an extra night since his drive is very long...this is the same extra night the fly in people need)
+ $50 for single room upgrade x 5 nites = $250
+ Rental tanks @ $11 per tank x 4 per day x 4 days of diving = $176
+ extra day of diving and hotel $165

= $1251 (less his deposit amount of $350)

Thank you soooooooooooo much for joining us! You'll LOVE this trip! And you won't regret the extra day! The boat capt will TEACH you how to find teeth and artifacts... :diver: other operators just let you jump in and figure it out yourself. :cheerleader:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#52 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:03 PM

Yah Poser....
Just remember to bring back some teeth...
even if it's just your own...

Signed:
Toothless in Seattle..
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#53 poser

poser

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:05 AM

Yah Poser....

Signed:
Toothless in Seattle..

Frank....come on....when has failure been an option? :bam:

#54 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:28 AM

Yah Poser....

Signed:
Toothless in Seattle..

Thank you Frank for telling him about us! TEETH are guaranteed on this trip! The captain teaches divers how to find them...now THAT is first class service!

formerly...

#55 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:41 AM

LOL...
Yah, now if I can only find mine....
Hava good trip, sounds like fun, well getting the teeth anyway... dive sounds a little like a "PITA Dive"... but only help appreciate the other trips eh??? ;-))
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.

www.poolesweb.com/

#56 NJBerserker

NJBerserker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver/ Nitrox/ DAN DEMP/ TDI Dive Medic
  • Logged Dives:~75

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:29 PM

I'd have to disagree with you on the whole PITA dive thing man. Challenging yes, PITA no. Nothing good in life or diving ever comes easy. Teeth earned are much more precious than teeth bought. Just because it's a tad dark doesn't mean you should write it off right away. That's why they make lights. And some of the upper river sites require no light at all and are actually quite pretty and vis of about 20' (at least when I was down there). I understand it's not for everyone, but IMHO it's a hell of a lot of fun.
Proud Member of the Cooper River "A-Team"

#57 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:10 PM

Yes, and not having dove it before, not even close to it, you would definitely know more than I.

I 'have' done river dives, Colorado - ring bolt rapids, fresh water lakes, have dove -0- vis in muck and silt, Dive the PNW with plankton blumes and constant tidal currents and other "not fun dives" so I think I have a pretty good feel for the "Type of Dive".

If there weren't any teeth there, I'm sure some divers would be happy to dive it, we all have our preferences... Since I'm not really interested in the teeth, have dove under the conditions I've read about... it's simply not my kind of dive and still remains, to me, a PITA dive..

Writing it off cause it's dark... LOL...
heck, that's all we have up here...
I'm glad you find it fun, all dives are different and best of luck to you in finding what you're looking for...

Since I have no intention of going on the trip, it's easy to decline the invitation to get excited about it.. If I were there, I'd probably do it ,just to do it...

Anyway, glad you find it fun, I'd have to disagree...
Have fun, dive save...
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.

www.poolesweb.com/

#58 poser

poser

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:37 AM

Payment Update:

Nights paid for are August 21,22,23,24 and 25 Kelly aka Poser. :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Thanks Kelly...looks great!

Just so others can figure out the math....

$660 for the trip (he is doing an extra night since his drive is very long...this is the same extra night the fly in people need)
+ $50 for single room upgrade x 5 nites = $250
+ Rental tanks @ $11 per tank x 4 per day x 4 days of diving = $176
+ extra day of diving and hotel $165

= $1251 (less his deposit amount of $350)

Thank you soooooooooooo much for joining us! You'll LOVE this trip! And you won't regret the extra day! The boat capt will TEACH you how to find teeth and artifacts... :cool1: other operators just let you jump in and figure it out yourself. :banghead:

Glad your happy. We are here for you. And somewhere , lost in your email bin, should be a filled out survey from me, I hope. And lets not give Frank too much credit, he has dark sinister motives. I spend the money, do the dives, do the work, and he gets some teeth.....maybe

#59 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,592 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:53 AM

Glad your happy. We are here for you. And somewhere , lost in your email bin, should be a filled out survey from me, I hope. And lets not give Frank too much credit, he has dark sinister motives. I spend the money, do the dives, do the work, and he gets some teeth.....maybe

OOOOOOOH I like it when you say "We are here for you!" :cheerleader: Sounds like this trip is going to be pretty fun! As for being nice to Frank...he DID tell you about us! Don't I owe him for that???? As for giving him teeth...you can of course keep the BEST ones for yourself! :banghead:

Please resend the survey to trips@singledivers.com and our great trip coordinators will help to complile that information for the trip! :cheerleader:

formerly...

#60 scubaken

scubaken

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:500 dives Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:500

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:46 AM

Good Morning from up here in Canada Eh !!!

Full payment was sent yesturday, Im in for the full four days, will be fliying in, hmmmm what else is there. OH i talked to Adam he is sending his dollars we call share a shack.

Looking forward to seeing Capt Bill and all the rest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users