• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

3 Spots Left on 2nd boat! Cooper River Prehistoric Megladon Teeth & Artifacts Aug 22-24(25) 2008

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#76 NJBerserker

NJBerserker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver/ Nitrox/ DAN DEMP/ TDI Dive Medic
  • Logged Dives:~75

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:28 PM

I have a good picture of the bottle and it's owner shortly after it's discovery. I'll see if I can upload it.
Proud Member of the Cooper River "A-Team"

#77 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:58 PM

I have a good picture of the bottle and it's owner shortly after it's discovery. I'll see if I can upload it.

That would be :evilgrin:

#78 ScubaShafer

ScubaShafer

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2460

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:11 PM

Interesting tidbit:

The rum bottle that I found in the Cooper last year has been on display at a dive shop in Chester, VA for the past several months, and someone came in and offered the dive shop owner $800 to sell it to him! He said it was one of the finest specimens of that type of rum bottle that he'd ever seen.

Wish I could join you again this year, but Rick doesn't need the competition!

Is there a picture of this bottle posted here somewhere? So did you sell it to him?

Nope. Didn't sell it. It's one of those things - don't know what I'm going to do with it, but if you wanted one, you could never find one - let alone say you found it in the Cooper. If NJBerserker doesn't find his pic to post, I'll take one and post it.
It's a GR8 day to be alive!

"Good things come to those who wait." Heinz - 1980s
"Good things come to those who wait." Guinness - 1990s
"Good things come to those with weights." ScubaShafer - 2008

#79 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,671 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:02 PM

Nope. Didn't sell it. It's one of those things - don't know what I'm going to do with it, but if you wanted one, you could never find one - let alone say you found it in the Cooper. If NJBerserker doesn't find his pic to post, I'll take one and post it.

Yeah...I thought it would make the PERFECT wedding present...but then he gave us one that rated a pretty darn close second! :birthday:

The pic is awesome!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#80 NJBerserker

NJBerserker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver/ Nitrox/ DAN DEMP/ TDI Dive Medic
  • Logged Dives:~75

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:41 PM

the_bottle.JPG

Here you go.
Proud Member of the Cooper River "A-Team"

#81 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:26 AM

the_bottle.JPG

Here you go.

That is too :birthday: Thanks!

#82 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,671 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 09:33 AM

the_bottle.JPG

Here you go.

That is too :birthday: Thanks!

DITTO THAT!!!

Hey Bruce...it would make an even more awesome anniversary present if you ever decided that you needed to pare back one day! :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#83 DanBon

DanBon

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:15 PM

Please add me to the Cooper River trip roster. Driving in, need rentals and want extra day.

Thanks,

Dan

#84 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,671 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:39 PM

Please add me to the Cooper River trip roster. Driving in, need rentals and want extra day.

Thanks,

Dan

Hey Dan....you know our trip would not be the same without you! Be safe in your travels and I've got you signed up for Drive in pkg plus extra day, 4 rental bottles. That will be drive in pkg $610 + $165 extra day and $44x4tanksx4days = $176 tanks = $951 :rolleyes:

formerly...

#85 diverdeb

diverdeb

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Technical Foundations Instructor, DCSI
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 21 April 2008 - 07:50 PM

Please add me to the Cooper River trip roster.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan! :fish: that you're going to be on this trip!! It's going to be a great trip. I used to live in Charleston and it is a fantastic town! Restaurants there are out of this world!

You're on the list in the first post and we'll send you a pm with the password for the docs.

I'm jealous!!! I really want to find a giant shark's tooth! :rolleyes:
As for me, I'm feeling pretty scubalicious. 

#86 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:00 AM

Payment Update:

1. Dan aka DanBon: ww got your payment in full for drive in trip, extra day, & tanks! :thankyou:

#87 Old George

Old George

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor - Retired
  • Logged Dives:1,000 +

Posted 04 May 2008 - 03:30 PM

This is George aka "Old George" coming back due to hitting a wrong button and losing the entire message I was sending. I don't know if you have received any correspondence as a result of my previous attempt but just in case I will repeat my request. My son and I are both Premier Members, my display name is "Old George" and my son's is "glandgrabe". We would like to sign up for the August 22-24 Cooper River dive and, in talking to Bill, it is our understanding you are putting on a second boat. We will be driving up from the Orlando, Florida area and arrive on the afternoon of the 21st. We will pay for the three days of diving but do not wish to dive on the 24th due to personal commitments we have to ruturn home on that day. We would hope you could accomodate a couple of divers to take our places that day and that some sort of refund would be awarded should you be successful. In any case, we will be bringing our own tanks and would need air fills for the 23rd. If payment for air is necessary ahead of time please add it to our bill. We would like to also reserve two canaster lights at what Bill said would be $25 each per day. I will pay the entire amount with a MasterCard when you verify the entire cost but my calculations, at this time, would be as follows,

Two Divers for the three days of August 22-24.........................$1,220
Air Fills for one day, if necessary ahead................................... 56
Rental of two Canaster Lights for two days............................... 100
Total...........................................................................
.........$1,376

Please let me know if this is the amount you will need a card for and I will submit as soon as you confirm.

Thank you, George

Edited by WreckWench, 05 May 2008 - 02:21 PM.
Edited to remove personal information for internet safety reasons.

#88 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:38 PM

This is George aka "Old George" coming back due to hitting a wrong button and losing the entire message I was sending. I don't know if you have received any correspondence as a result of my previous attempt but just in case I will repeat my request. My son and I are both Premier Members, my display name is "Old George" and my son's is "glandgrabe". We would like to sign up for the August 22-24 Cooper River dive and, in talking to Bill, it is our understanding you are putting on a second boat. We will be driving up from the Orlando, Florida area and arrive on the afternoon of the 21st. We will pay for the three days of diving but do not wish to dive on the 24th due to personal commitments we have to ruturn home on that day. We would hope you could accomodate a couple of divers to take our places that day and that some sort of refund would be awarded should you be successful. In any case, we will be bringing our own tanks and would need air fills for the 23rd. If payment for air is necessary ahead of time please add it to our bill. We would like to also reserve two canaster lights at what Bill said would be $25 each per day. I will pay the entire amount with a MasterCard when you verify the entire cost but my calculations, at this time, would be as follows,

Total...........................................................................
.........$1,376

Please let me know if this is the amount you will need a card for and I will submit as soon as you confirm.

Thank you, George

:welcome: Welcome to SD Old George, and Welcome to the Cooper River Trip! As far as I know there is only one spot left on this trip, but if you've talked to Bill and he says there's going to be a second boat, then I guess there will be a second boat! When Bill's bride gets back from the PNW Dive Show, she will get in touch with you regarding the 24th, etc. For now I will add you to the interested list, and get the password to you for the trip documents. You can get to the documents by clicking on the link in my signature line. You will need to look for the Survey, the Medical Release From and the CC Authorization form for your Credit Card payment.

#89 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,671 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:42 PM

This is George aka "Old George" coming back due to hitting a wrong button and losing the entire message I was sending. I don't know if you have received any correspondence as a result of my previous attempt but just in case I will repeat my request. My son and I are both Premier Members, my display name is "Old George" and my son's is "glandgrabe". We would like to sign up for the August 22-24 Cooper River dive and, in talking to Bill, it is our understanding you are putting on a second boat.

Hi George! Bill aka OTWDiver has indeed added a second boat now that we have the first one filled with you and the second boat now started with your son. (Of course we'll have you both on the same boat so no worries there!) I am sorry that we did not get your first post on the site but I did get your email so rather than replying to that I'll reply here first.

We will be driving up from the Orlando, Florida area and arrive on the afternoon of the 21st. We will pay for the three days of diving but do not wish to dive on the 24th due to personal commitments we have to ruturn home on that day. We would hope you could accomodate a couple of divers to take our places that day and that some sort of refund would be awarded should you be successful.

Arriving the 21st is perfect. You can actually dive 3 or 4 days with penalty for not diving the 4th day. The 4th day is optional. And you are both certainly welcome to join us. I did a summary for people to help figure out what they owe here and added it to the first post:

Pricing Summary: Please see below for full terms and conditions.

Fly In 3 days 4 nites d/o $660 s/o $860
Drive In 3 days 3 nites d/o $610 s/o $810
Fly In 4 days 5 nites d/o $825 s/o $1025
Drive In 4 days 4 nites d/o $775 s/o $975
PLUS...
If adding 4 rental tanks @ $11 per tank your rental price is $132 for 3 days or $176 for 4 days.
If filling your own 4 tanks @ $7 per tank your fill price is $56 for 3 day trip (assumes tanks are full when arrive) or $84 for 4 day trip.

In any case, we will be bringing our own tanks and would need air fills for the 23rd. If payment for air is necessary ahead of time please add it to our bill. We would like to also reserve two canaster lights at what Bill said would be $25 each per day.

Ok so you will each have a total of 8 tanks each for the 2 days you don't want fills or in other words you have a total of 16 tanks with you? Is that correct? Your calculation for fills @ $7 each x 4 tanks x 2 divers = $56 is correct.

I will pay the entire amount with a MasterCard when you verify the entire cost but my calculations, at this time, would be as follows,

.........$1,376

Thank you, George

We do accept MC or Visa and you'll need to complete a Credit Card Authorization form giving me permission to charge your card. You'll find that form in the Forms Forum Link in my signature. You'll be pm'd the password to access the forms forum since it is different from your normal login password. We do add 3% processing fee for all non-cash sales and yes you'll need to pay your rental and fills in advance.

So trip price is $610 x 2 = $1220
Fills if you have 16 tanks already filled are $56
Canister Rental is $100 for 2 days for 2 people
So your total is $1376 (if tank counts are correct) + 3% = $41.28 = $1417.28. Or you can drop a check in the mail and eliminate the 3% processing fee.

Glad you found us and we look forward to you joining our trip. Do keep checkinng back to this thread for updates and just to see who else will be joining us as the trips draws closer! :(

formerly...

#90 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,671 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:16 AM

CORRECTION on OldGeorge Booking:

I am sorry George that I misread your post...you are paying for the 3rd day of our package but can not actually join us that day. That takes the number of tanks you need down to a total of 4 each or 8 and then one day of fills.

So please verify that you can supply a total of 8 tanks and I'll work on finding someone to just dive Sunday the 24th and we'll certainly reimburse you for that day of your package.

You are also welcome to work to find divers for just that day as well. And I will add you to our member's specials listing here so that others will know your spots are available. :evilgrin:

formerly...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)